“Nice”
Review of Bunc Hostel

Bunc Hostel
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Cozy, clean and nice ambience. Friendly and helpful staffs. Just that the location is quite far from MRT station. You get breakfast everyday of your stay. Nearby have a lot of restaurants, food stalls, convenient stores, and malls. Overall, a good recommended place to stay!

Friendly tips: wear pocketed pants everywhere inside the hostel. They use british standard 1363 plugs (as in singapore), so Its wise to bring your travel adaptors.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Exoverge
eewm, Manager at Bunc Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2013

Hi Exoverge,
Thank you for your review.
We do have travel adaptors that you can borrow for a small refundable deposit.
We are glad you liked us , hope to see ya again.

There are newer reviews for Bunc Hostel

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Five months ago (the hostel had just opened by then) somebody recommended this place to me. She told me this hostel was amazing, it would have everything you can wish for. After spending 3 days here, I can say she was absolutely right.

Everything is super clean (they even have these parfume-things everywhere that spray every 10 minutes so it smells nice all the time, haha), there's free WiFi and breakfast, a nice room to chill out and watch a movie, a kitchen (incl. fridge, how awesome!), washing machines, you name it. I was not used to this luxory anymore, after 9 months in Asia!
But the best thing are the staff: they are definitely the most friendly hostel-staff I've seen in Asia and one of them even did a free tour with us to a festival that was on in the city. They also come up with ideas to bring people together. Great!

It's a new hostel, with potential to be very very good. I'd say: keep up the good work!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Inka89
eewm, Manager at Bunc Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Hi Inka,
Thank you so much for your review.We are glad you liked us.
Thank you so much for teaching us braiding.
wish you would be back soon.

Reviewed 1 September 2012

This hostel was great, I picked it because it had so many previous good reviews and it completely lived up to every single one plus a little more. The atmosphere is friendly and the staff are all willing to help and even guide you around events and point you in the direction of anything you're looking for. Beds were comfy, rooms and amenities were clean and breakfast was a great bonus every morning. Will definitely be coming again!

Also, for a bit of fun, be sure to ask Adrian for a game of checkers.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jay B
eewm, Manager at Bunc Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Hey JayB,
Thanks for dropping us a stunning review.
No thanks for asking eveyone to have a game of checkers with me... They will make me drunk!
Btw you didnt mention that loser has to drink glasses of shots ya..bad boy you.
Anyway thanks for dropping by bunc and giving us the chance to host you.
We hope to see ya again soon.. All the best J.. And beau too...loads of fun with you both around..
Ps : beau's "gaggnam dance video" has garnered 10k plus viewership on youtube... Haha

Reviewed 28 August 2012

Totally satisfied with the cleanliness of the place! The clean bunk beds, the thick clean comforter, pillows, TOILETS, good breakfast, TOTALLY WORTH MY MONEY HERE. I will definitely stay here again the next time I go to Singapore. Oh, and friendly staffs too! Can't get enough of this place! Definitely this place is more than just bed.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank kafka38
eewm, General Manager at Bunc Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Hi Kafka,
Thank you for your review, you have just given us a boost of encouragement to strive to be better!
Hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed 27 August 2012

Bunc has raised the bar of hostels. I wouldnt be suprise that many will try to copy their designs and concept.

Everything about the hostel just feels right, the moment i stepped into it.
Staffs were very welcoming and even gave me a bottle of water upon check in, it really helped after being under the hot Singapore sun.

Everything was perfect , i have to mention the beds they had were the most comfortable and they even had a protective layer of water proof material wrapped over the beds.. pillows as well.. I feel that this is important for hygeine purposes ..it makes me feel safe sleeping in them..

The bathrooms were like the ones you find at a five star hotel..in terms of design and cleaniness...

Another point is their clever use of space, converting them into communal space like the Fun room, kitchen, the BBq area, the very long breakfast table....oh..and the Ladies Lounge..Yup..perfect for a lady like me.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I've been to my good share of accommodations-- some are bad and overpriced, some are good and only a few can be considered as a gem. Bunc tops my list on that aspect.

It's only SG$29 and it has the whole shebang: it's in the city, super comfortable beds, privacy (even if it's a technically a dormitory), free WIFI, free breakfast and other things. Would you believe it? I couldn't but I have to trust my research (that's only Agoda and Tripadvisor). Good thing I did.

What's more awesome is that they go out of their way to make you feel at home. It was my first time in Singapore-- traveling alone a day before my birthday. You know what they did before I left? They gave me a card filled with Bunc Hostel folks' messages. So sweet and heartwarming.

Truly, these things add up to a whole lotta difference. The next time I go to Singapore, I'll go to Bunc. Truly the best.

Check out my full review here: http://lisawenceslao.tumblr.com/post/30205062978/singapohh-aside-bunc-hostel

Room Tip: Try the ones on the 1st floor-- so that you go from traveling to sleeping with only a few steps.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Wence W
Reviewed 26 August 2012

i have stayed at bunc hostel for two night..i really loved the hostel environment and interior especially at the lobby,the staff was super friendly!the breakfast was simple thought but in good quality.the bed was extra comfortable(better than some 4 star hotel!)the location was also good,just a few step from quennstreet bus station,so it was very easy to go anywhere from this hostel..the price was also very affordable.i really love the open rooftop where i can relax and chit chat with new friends,hang out and have some drinks.it also near 7eleven..this hostel was really clean and tidy and have a modern chic looking..for sure i will come back and ive told all my friends about this hostel!thanks bunc!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo