“Very nice hostel but a bit cramped when the room is full!!”
Review of Bunc Hostel

Bunc Hostel
Athens, Greece
“Very nice hostel but a bit cramped when the room is full!!”
Reviewed 19 September 2012

The Bunc Hostel is situated in Little India. It is a very nice and clean Hostel and the people that work there are very polite and really nice!!! We booked two single beds for the first 5 nights which was ok, for the last night we booked a double bed and changed rooms....unfortunately the room was full which was not the problem...the problem was that we had two suitcases and there was no room to open them or to leave them, so we ended up leaning them against our bed and the person on the top bed hat to share a small spot for his luggage as well plus the two people staying in the opposite double bed, there was hardly any room to open the door and to walk by!! Note that all our suitcases were closed and up right!!

Other than that we had a really nice sleep, the beds were really comfortable and it was quite!! I highly recomend this hostel!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank MKK5
eewm, Manager at Bunc Hostel, responded to this review, 17 March 2013
Hi Mkk,
Thank you for your kind review.
Our lockers are a little too small for the extra large luggages but with that in mind,we have built a big luggage room next to the reception for those extra big baggages..its key card accessed so it will be safe to leave them in there for the duration of your stay at no extra charge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Cozy, clean and nice ambience. Friendly and helpful staffs. Just that the location is quite far from MRT station. You get breakfast everyday of your stay. Nearby have a lot of restaurants, food stalls, convenient stores, and malls. Overall, a good recommended place to stay!

Friendly tips: wear pocketed pants everywhere inside the hostel. They use british standard 1363 plugs (as in singapore), so Its wise to bring your travel adaptors.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Exoverge
eewm, Manager at Bunc Hostel, responded to this review, 23 March 2013
Hi Exoverge,
Thank you for your review.
We do have travel adaptors that you can borrow for a small refundable deposit.
We are glad you liked us , hope to see ya again.
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Five months ago (the hostel had just opened by then) somebody recommended this place to me. She told me this hostel was amazing, it would have everything you can wish for. After spending 3 days here, I can say she was absolutely right.

Everything is super clean (they even have these parfume-things everywhere that spray every 10 minutes so it smells nice all the time, haha), there's free WiFi and breakfast, a nice room to chill out and watch a movie, a kitchen (incl. fridge, how awesome!), washing machines, you name it. I was not used to this luxory anymore, after 9 months in Asia!
But the best thing are the staff: they are definitely the most friendly hostel-staff I've seen in Asia and one of them even did a free tour with us to a festival that was on in the city. They also come up with ideas to bring people together. Great!

It's a new hostel, with potential to be very very good. I'd say: keep up the good work!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Inka89
eewm, Manager at Bunc Hostel, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Hi Inka,
Thank you so much for your review.We are glad you liked us.
Thank you so much for teaching us braiding.
wish you would be back soon.
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 1 September 2012

This hostel was great, I picked it because it had so many previous good reviews and it completely lived up to every single one plus a little more. The atmosphere is friendly and the staff are all willing to help and even guide you around events and point you in the direction of anything you're looking for. Beds were comfy, rooms and amenities were clean and breakfast was a great bonus every morning. Will definitely be coming again!

Also, for a bit of fun, be sure to ask Adrian for a game of checkers.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Jay B
eewm, Manager at Bunc Hostel, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Hey JayB,
Thanks for dropping us a stunning review.
No thanks for asking eveyone to have a game of checkers with me... They will make me drunk!
Btw you didnt mention that loser has to drink glasses of shots ya..bad boy you.
Anyway thanks for dropping by bunc and giving us the chance to host you.
We hope to see ya again soon.. All the best J.. And beau too...loads of fun with you both around..
Ps : beau's "gaggnam dance video" has garnered 10k plus viewership on youtube... Haha
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Totally satisfied with the cleanliness of the place! The clean bunk beds, the thick clean comforter, pillows, TOILETS, good breakfast, TOTALLY WORTH MY MONEY HERE. I will definitely stay here again the next time I go to Singapore. Oh, and friendly staffs too! Can't get enough of this place! Definitely this place is more than just bed.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank kafka38
eewm, General Manager at Bunc Hostel, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Hi Kafka,
Thank you for your review, you have just given us a boost of encouragement to strive to be better!
Hope you visit us again soon!
Malaysia
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Bunc has raised the bar of hostels. I wouldnt be suprise that many will try to copy their designs and concept.

Everything about the hostel just feels right, the moment i stepped into it.
Staffs were very welcoming and even gave me a bottle of water upon check in, it really helped after being under the hot Singapore sun.

Everything was perfect , i have to mention the beds they had were the most comfortable and they even had a protective layer of water proof material wrapped over the beds.. pillows as well.. I feel that this is important for hygeine purposes ..it makes me feel safe sleeping in them..

The bathrooms were like the ones you find at a five star hotel..in terms of design and cleaniness...

Another point is their clever use of space, converting them into communal space like the Fun room, kitchen, the BBq area, the very long breakfast table....oh..and the Ladies Lounge..Yup..perfect for a lady like me.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I've been to my good share of accommodations-- some are bad and overpriced, some are good and only a few can be considered as a gem. Bunc tops my list on that aspect.

It's only SG$29 and it has the whole shebang: it's in the city, super comfortable beds, privacy (even if it's a technically a dormitory), free WIFI, free breakfast and other things. Would you believe it? I couldn't but I have to trust my research (that's only Agoda and Tripadvisor). Good thing I did.

What's more awesome is that they go out of their way to make you feel at home. It was my first time in Singapore-- traveling alone a day before my birthday. You know what they did before I left? They gave me a card filled with Bunc Hostel folks' messages. So sweet and heartwarming.

Truly, these things add up to a whole lotta difference. The next time I go to Singapore, I'll go to Bunc. Truly the best.

Check out my full review here: http://lisawenceslao.tumblr.com/post/30205062978/singapohh-aside-bunc-hostel

Room Tip: Try the ones on the 1st floor-- so that you go from traveling to sleeping with only a few steps.