“First impressions not good, but did improve”

Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #50 of 314 Hotels in Singapore
Perth, Australia
“First impressions not good, but did improve”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Booked a Deluxe room on the internet. On arrival was checked in by a surly male on reception. He asked if we wanted a room near the lift and I said yes close would be nice, but not right next too it. When we were taken to our room it was the furthest room away from the lift which was quite a walk. The room was very dissappointing with stains all over the carpet and fittings quite poor.. I was very dissappointed in the room considering it was supposedly one up on the Superior room, and I had paid more to be in a Deluxe. We went to make a cup of tea and there was only one cup, so had to call room sevice for another. Then I think the universe was working for us, as after going to the toilet the waste water came out all over the bathroom floor. I phoned housekeeping and after 1/2 wait I went downstairs to report it and this time was attended too by a lovely young lady and asked to be moved and also asked if this was a Deluxe room and was told no it was a Superior room. i wasnt impressed considering the booking sheet stated a Deluxe room was booked and paid for. We were moved to a Delux roomi which was very convenient to the llift and apart from needing a good dust and vac it was much better.

After a shaky start the week at the Rendezvous was quite good. It was a shame about the one surly male on reception, as all the other staff were wonderful, they were very obliging , very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The position was excellent, Would I stay again? I am not sure, the price would be the main attraction to staying again, as it is very well priced for the location. The lovely staff were the highlight of the stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank 2MD-and-partner
ParksuitesManagement, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 7 December 2014
Dear 2MD

Greetings from the Rendezvous Singapore

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for the lack of a warm welcome as well as a poor level of service rendered to you by our staff at the point of check in. We have reviewed the team members and have worked over the last few months to ensure that these incidents will be the last.

Glad to hear that the remainder of the team as well as your stay was satisfactory. We hope to have you return o stay with us in the future.

Head Operations, Far East Hospitality

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is the second time I've stayed at the hotel. I have to say the location is great for what my fiancee and I like to do, namely it is close to two train stations one being the Yellow line and the other is the Purple line.

We stayed 25th June through to the 29th June 2014, room 911, in order to celebrate our engagement.

We initially booked a Superior Double room (which is what we booked the first time we stayed at this hotel, though I forgot that we were upgraded for free to a club room that time). When we arrived we found it wasn't the same type of room as the first stay and choose to upgrade. The staff at the counter were wonderful and helped us upgrade to a Club room which I'm thankful for, they gave it a great rate and even gave us the last night free. Which was a fantastic welcome.

Room 911 is a corner room and is large. The room features are nice, it has a nice shower which features a regular above head sprinkler, 3 body jets, and a shower wand. It also has a free standing bath tub with a detachable wand, the bath is placed right under a window which is nice, though we didn't use it. A lot of wardrobe space in this room too. The TV is mounted on the wall and can be angled around to face the bed.

We never used the Club facilities so I can't comment on that. We choose to have the buffet breakfast downstairs. My fiancee and I enjoyed the breakfast choices.

Unfortunately I didn't get photos of the room, or remember the names of desk staff as I'm terrible with names. They though were great with faces and names, every time we saw them in the lobby they greeted me by name and were always helpful and pleasant, they even arranged one of their limos to take us back to the airport which was very welcome.

The first stay was great too and they really worked hard to ensure that we were well looked after. Due to noise from the construction they transferred us to their sister hotel in Bugis and provided us with an upgraded room. As when we were transferring we mentioned that we only choose Rendezvous for its location and we didn't mind the potential noise. Staff at both the sister hotel and at Rendezvous followed up to see if it was possible to move back. We had a call from them asking if we were interested in moving back to the Rendezvous hotel, we were, regardless of noise levels. They provided a car to bring us back the next day and gave us an upgrade to a Club room which we were not expecting and was very nice of them. They gave us complimentary ear plugs in case there were still noise issues, but they were not needed though.

Both trips were wonderful and the staff are incredible, I just wish I remembered their names to praise them. I remember their faces and will definitely praise them in person next time I stay there.

-K

Room Tip: Club rooms are worth it.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Keegan

Thank you for taking the time to write your detailed feedback.
No worries about not remembering the names of the staff, what's important was that it was a team effort and everyone made you feel welcome. I will let the team know.

Our apologies over the need to shift hotels, we appreciate your understanding throughout the whole process and are thankful that you were able to enjoy your stay with us.

Great to know this was the second time with and I do hope there will be more stays in the future

Zamboanga City, Philippines
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Had a chance to visit Singapore again for an overnight stay and had an excellent experience with this Hotel.Front desk staffs are very kind and helpful and greets you with a smile. Room is big (Perfect size for Superior room!), very cozy and most of all very clean. Bed was so comfy which made me had a goodnight sleep from a long trip from Africa. Location wise, it is very convenient. Bus stop is right next on the doorstep of the hotel building. Kopitiam is just a few walks away as well as 7/11 if you need to fill your tummy. MRT station is also close if you need to go places like ION orchard, Marina Bay and the likes. Some shopping malls are few blocks away and can be easily reach by walking if you want to explore this district.

Will definitely be staying with this hotel again when the time permits me to be back in Singapore.

Room Tip: Higher floors is highly recommended as the hotel building is along a busy street.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JefJay
Dear JefJay

Thank you for your lovely feedback.
We glad that you like the hotel and found everything to your satisfaction.

Next time round, try out the buffet at our Straits Café or have a drink at our new lobby bar, The Library.

We look forward to having you back with us in the near future.

PJ
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Great location, at the edge of the shopping mall area. Hotel room is clean and comfortable but a bit small. The bed is comfy but the pillows are a bit too hard. Customer service is also good. Didnt try their buffet but heard from someone their menu and selection is renowned.
There are a lot of eateries nearby to explore. However, it can be a bit challenging to grab a cab in the morningas the lobby is sisituated at a back alley. You could use an app to catch a cab or ask the hotel receptionist.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jwlyy
Dear Jwlyly

Greetings from the Rendezvous Singapore. Since your stay with us in Nov 2013, we have since revamped our lobby and the lounge as well as our club floors.

So if you need a bit more space and comfort, don't hesitate to ask about these rooms when you book.

Noted on the pillows, we will look into that.

The next time round, if you are departing in the usual morning rush hour, best to book a cab in advance as it does get challenging whether the hotel's frontage is on the main road or not.
We have 9 other hotel sin our group and face the same scarcity issues in the morning with regards to taxis.

Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed at the Rendezvous for business in November 2013. The service was excellent. It is in a good location for a variety of activities and convenient to the central business district. The rooms are not large or luxurious, but they are fine for the lone business traveler. The combination of price, service and location brought me back in July 2014. A renovation of the lobby, floors and rooms adds a new level of chic and charm. One of the guest services associates, Ismail, remembered me from my prior visit, and he met or exceeded my expectations every time I asked for his assistance. The rest of the service team appears to be equally customer-oriented and accommodating. The Rendezvous is now my "home away from home" when in Singapore for business. I highly recommend it for the budget-conscious business traveler.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jonathan R
Dear Jonathan

Greetings from the Rendezvous Singapore

Thank you for your feedback. We upgraded our hotel at the start of the year to add a bit more chic and styling to the place and with our ART inspired theme, the hotel's aesthetics do evolve with the various art exhibitions we host.

Next time try our club or Junior Suites if you need a little more space, comfort and attention

Hope to see you soon.

Perth
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Dear staff at the rendezvous - and especially lishah and Ismael, thank you for a wonderful stay. You made my 98th bday one to remember, with the effort you went to in decorating my room in so spectacular a fashion. The beautiful rose petals, balloons, cake and frank Sinatra music really made my day. I will always have fond memories of the rendezvous and it's wonderful staff. I can't thank you enough for making me feel so special. Thanks again -especially to Lishah and Ismael for treating me so well, for decorating my room, and for coming in on their day off to celebrate my bday with me. Warm regards, Jane

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank JHartz123
Dear Jane

Greetings from Rendezvous.

It was our great pleasure to be part of your big birthday.
I will let Lisha and Ishmael know that their efforts have been well received.

It makes me happy to see that they have done their best to make you feel welcome and special on your big day.

Hope to see you next year.
Head Operations, Far East Hopsitality
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I Had booked a staycation on 28 June 2014 for one night. It was a birthday celebration & wedding proposal for my girlfriend.

Upon arrival, check in was pretty fast and smooth. The staff had given us a free upgrade to club room without request. Greatly appreciated for the free upgrade. The counter staff was also very helpful and friendly.

The room looks very new and nicely decorated. They had even provided the decoration for free. As it was a for a birthday staycation, we was given a whole piece of cake. They even prepared the details like candle, knife, plates, forks and spoons served to our room. The chocolate birthday cake is delicious.

This staycation was planned not only for birthday celebration, I wanted to propose to my girlfriend. Had done the liaising and planning with the hotel personnel; Ms Huda via emails and calls. The setup of the decorations was done by Ms Lishah Karim. Both of them are very friendly and helpful which have made the surprise / celebration a successful one.

The decorations done for the proposal was awesome. We were very impressed by the decorations and the effort that your had put in. (There are Helium balloons with heart shape, swans decorated by towel, rose pedals all around the area, etc)

Checking out of the hotel was pretty easy and fast too. To our surprised, the Assistant Front Office Manager, Ms Sabrina Lei Shi waived off the charges for the decorations done up for the proposal & celebration as it was a success. It's so nice of the hotel to waive the charges off. In addition, they have provide the free vehicle parking for our stay.

Thank you Rendezvous Hotel Singapore and all their staffs for making the event goes so smoothly. It was a memorable stay for us.

Here is some of the additional tips for the surrounding:
- 2 mins walk to nearby (24-hours) Kopitiam and 7-11 store
- 2 mins walk to Subway outlet (Closed on Sunday)
- 5 mins walk to Singapore Art Museum
- 7 mins walk to Plaza Singapura (Shopping Mall) or Dhoby Ghaut MRT

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LawKoh
Yan Leng K, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Lawkoh,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write this review to compliment Rendezvous Hotel Singapore. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

At Rendezvous Hotel, it is our pleasure to ensure every guest leaves with a great stay experience and the personalised service is key to our success. We appreciates that modern travellers are more sophisticated and we cater to the different needs of our guests by serving them as individuals. We will pass on your compliment to Sabrina, Huda and Lishah to spur them to continue with such great services.

On our revamped Club product, Club Rendezvous, we are pleased to hear that you find it great. We have spend a lot of effort in crafting the product as we do not want to provide products or services that our premium guests do not require yet have to pay. As such, we have carefully selected the right ones for our Club guests.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming to Rendezvous again.

Yours sincerely,