Booked a Deluxe room on the internet. On arrival was checked in by a surly male on reception. He asked if we wanted a room near the lift and I said yes close would be nice, but not right next too it. When we were taken to our room it was the furthest room away from the lift which was quite a walk. The room was very dissappointing with stains all over the carpet and fittings quite poor.. I was very dissappointed in the room considering it was supposedly one up on the Superior room, and I had paid more to be in a Deluxe. We went to make a cup of tea and there was only one cup, so had to call room sevice for another. Then I think the universe was working for us, as after going to the toilet the waste water came out all over the bathroom floor. I phoned housekeeping and after 1/2 wait I went downstairs to report it and this time was attended too by a lovely young lady and asked to be moved and also asked if this was a Deluxe room and was told no it was a Superior room. i wasnt impressed considering the booking sheet stated a Deluxe room was booked and paid for. We were moved to a Delux roomi which was very convenient to the llift and apart from needing a good dust and vac it was much better.
After a shaky start the week at the Rendezvous was quite good. It was a shame about the one surly male on reception, as all the other staff were wonderful, they were very obliging , very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The position was excellent, Would I stay again? I am not sure, the price would be the main attraction to staying again, as it is very well priced for the location. The lovely staff were the highlight of the stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Housed in a restored colonial building located in the heart of Singapore’s Arts District, Rendezvous Hotel Singapore is inspired by its locale’s vibrant energy and character.As an art-inspired hotel, Rendezvous Hotel Singapore brings together stylish elements reminiscent of its heritage to complement modern masterpieces and create a unique aesthetic style. It is a brand that appreciates creativity and is proud to show it.Primed to be a meeting point where art and creative ideas grow, Rendezvous Hotel Singapore aspires to support the arts and culture through collaborations and initiatives with both students and artists from Singapore and around the world. This is Rendezvous Hotel Singapore, placing you at the art of it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Collection Singapore
- Singapore Clarion Collection
- Clarion Singapore
- Rendezvous Hotel Singapore By Far East Hospitality