“Great place annoying roadworks”

Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #48 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel is in a great location, central between orchard rd and fort cannings, with a choice of 2 MRT station out the front door. Reception has a welcoming and boutique feel about it. Rooms are a little old but with new renovation touches through out. Good size bathroom with a massive shower. Hotel also has a nice pool.

There are road works happening next door with a quarter of hotel rooms facing construction. Road works noise is constant through most of the day, wraps up around 10pm.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Simon S
ParksuitesManagement, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2014

Dear Simon

Thank you for your review. Glad to see you enjoyed your stay other than the road works noise.
I am happy to announce that the volume has tapered off a lot recently and whilst still on-going, the overall noise has reduced significantly and most of our guests do not notice at all.

Look forward to having you return with us in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed here on a Three day stopover. The rooms were a nice size and had a large walk in shower. Beds were very comfortable. The swimming pool area is lovely. The hotel is in a great location and you can walk to most parts you would want to visit.

We brought breakfast in the hotel brassiere and found it to be reasonable priced but not the largest of portions.

Sandwich shop next door did lovely tuna rolls.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Pand68

Dear Pand68

Greetings from Sunny Singapore. Thank you for your kind feedback.

Am happy to see that your stay over the 3 days was great. We look forward to having you return again. Look up our website for the latest deals.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed in Rendezvous once before almost a year ago and didn't have a good impression. I heard the hotel was recently refurbished and was under new management, so I thought I'd give it another try. You can imagine my surprise with the transformation that I experienced. The hotel looked fantastic, rooms very modern yet it preserved some conventional and traditional features of the original decor. However, what I would like to rave about is the service level at Rendezvous Hotel. It has improved leaps and bounds. The hotel manager Mr Christian Wolny provided first class personalised customer service. He made my family's stay a memorable one and we felt very welcome. The overall staff in the hotel also exceeded my expectations. I am glad I decided to give Rendezvous Hotel another chance. Now I can't wait for my next stay. This hotel is truly a gem.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jon M

Dear Jmind84

Thank you for your kind feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your return stay at our refurbished ART inspired hotel. Since Far East Hospitality took over the hotel last year, we have refurbished our public spaces as well as our Club floors to enhance our guest's experience better.

Glad that Christian, the hotel manager has made such an impact on you with his personalised service. Will let him know!

Looking forward to have you stay with us again. Don't forget to look at our website for the latest deals.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

In very few instances do I give a perfect score to a hotel. It s main USP is the location. Walking distance from SMU, Bugis, Bras Basah & Dhoby Ghaut MRTs, stone's throw from Plaza Singapura, Orchard & Suntec...you just can't beat the location.

An efficient, neat & clean business hotel which is value for money in Singapore. Service & Staff are helpful with a smile. Though the hotel lacks in restaurants, plenty of eating options are available within the courtyard of the hotel & outside. The swimming pool is small but adequate.

The quality of room & bathroom were good with nice toiletries & rain shower. We were given a complimentary upgrade & late check out as well.

Two small issues : Breakfast is pricey which made us have breakfast in the courtyard which has excellent options. Sometimes getting a cab in the hotel takes time as most people get off outside in a nearby taxi stand to save on time & money. If you want to take one from onside, be prepared to wait for 10 mins, especially during peak hours.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gamlu

Dear Gamlu

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad to see that you were very happy with your stay.
We have a great location and whilst not on the Orchard Belt, we are located next and around shopping, eateries, and great places to hang out.

Am glad the staff have made an impact on your stay. As for rush hour taxis, it is indeed a competitive tussle in the mornings and evenings for all hotels in Singapore. Preferable to book in advance if the timings are critical.

Hope to have you return soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Booked a Deluxe room on the internet. On arrival was checked in by a surly male on reception. He asked if we wanted a room near the lift and I said yes close would be nice, but not right next too it. When we were taken to our room it was the furthest room away from the lift which was quite a walk. The room was very dissappointing with stains all over the carpet and fittings quite poor.. I was very dissappointed in the room considering it was supposedly one up on the Superior room, and I had paid more to be in a Deluxe. We went to make a cup of tea and there was only one cup, so had to call room sevice for another. Then I think the universe was working for us, as after going to the toilet the waste water came out all over the bathroom floor. I phoned housekeeping and after 1/2 wait I went downstairs to report it and this time was attended too by a lovely young lady and asked to be moved and also asked if this was a Deluxe room and was told no it was a Superior room. i wasnt impressed considering the booking sheet stated a Deluxe room was booked and paid for. We were moved to a Delux roomi which was very convenient to the llift and apart from needing a good dust and vac it was much better.

After a shaky start the week at the Rendezvous was quite good. It was a shame about the one surly male on reception, as all the other staff were wonderful, they were very obliging , very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The position was excellent, Would I stay again? I am not sure, the price would be the main attraction to staying again, as it is very well priced for the location. The lovely staff were the highlight of the stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 2MD-and-partner

Dear 2MD

Greetings from the Rendezvous Singapore

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for the lack of a warm welcome as well as a poor level of service rendered to you by our staff at the point of check in. We have reviewed the team members and have worked over the last few months to ensure that these incidents will be the last.

Glad to hear that the remainder of the team as well as your stay was satisfactory. We hope to have you return o stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is the second time I've stayed at the hotel. I have to say the location is great for what my fiancee and I like to do, namely it is close to two train stations one being the Yellow line and the other is the Purple line.

We stayed 25th June through to the 29th June 2014, room 911, in order to celebrate our engagement.

We initially booked a Superior Double room (which is what we booked the first time we stayed at this hotel, though I forgot that we were upgraded for free to a club room that time). When we arrived we found it wasn't the same type of room as the first stay and choose to upgrade. The staff at the counter were wonderful and helped us upgrade to a Club room which I'm thankful for, they gave it a great rate and even gave us the last night free. Which was a fantastic welcome.

Room 911 is a corner room and is large. The room features are nice, it has a nice shower which features a regular above head sprinkler, 3 body jets, and a shower wand. It also has a free standing bath tub with a detachable wand, the bath is placed right under a window which is nice, though we didn't use it. A lot of wardrobe space in this room too. The TV is mounted on the wall and can be angled around to face the bed.

We never used the Club facilities so I can't comment on that. We choose to have the buffet breakfast downstairs. My fiancee and I enjoyed the breakfast choices.

Unfortunately I didn't get photos of the room, or remember the names of desk staff as I'm terrible with names. They though were great with faces and names, every time we saw them in the lobby they greeted me by name and were always helpful and pleasant, they even arranged one of their limos to take us back to the airport which was very welcome.

The first stay was great too and they really worked hard to ensure that we were well looked after. Due to noise from the construction they transferred us to their sister hotel in Bugis and provided us with an upgraded room. As when we were transferring we mentioned that we only choose Rendezvous for its location and we didn't mind the potential noise. Staff at both the sister hotel and at Rendezvous followed up to see if it was possible to move back. We had a call from them asking if we were interested in moving back to the Rendezvous hotel, we were, regardless of noise levels. They provided a car to bring us back the next day and gave us an upgrade to a Club room which we were not expecting and was very nice of them. They gave us complimentary ear plugs in case there were still noise issues, but they were not needed though.

Both trips were wonderful and the staff are incredible, I just wish I remembered their names to praise them. I remember their faces and will definitely praise them in person next time I stay there.

-K

Room Tip: Club rooms are worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Keegan

Thank you for taking the time to write your detailed feedback.
No worries about not remembering the names of the staff, what's important was that it was a team effort and everyone made you feel welcome. I will let the team know.

Our apologies over the need to shift hotels, we appreciate your understanding throughout the whole process and are thankful that you were able to enjoy your stay with us.

Great to know this was the second time with and I do hope there will be more stays in the future

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Had a chance to visit Singapore again for an overnight stay and had an excellent experience with this Hotel.Front desk staffs are very kind and helpful and greets you with a smile. Room is big (Perfect size for Superior room!), very cozy and most of all very clean. Bed was so comfy which made me had a goodnight sleep from a long trip from Africa. Location wise, it is very convenient. Bus stop is right next on the doorstep of the hotel building. Kopitiam is just a few walks away as well as 7/11 if you need to fill your tummy. MRT station is also close if you need to go places like ION orchard, Marina Bay and the likes. Some shopping malls are few blocks away and can be easily reach by walking if you want to explore this district.

Will definitely be staying with this hotel again when the time permits me to be back in Singapore.

Room Tip: Higher floors is highly recommended as the hotel building is along a busy street.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JefJay

Dear JefJay

Thank you for your lovely feedback.
We glad that you like the hotel and found everything to your satisfaction.

Next time round, try out the buffet at our Straits Café or have a drink at our new lobby bar, The Library.

We look forward to having you back with us in the near future.