We are a family of 3 (2 year old son) and stayed at this hotel for 7 nights. The below review is based primarily on how "child-friendly" the hotel was.
CHECK-IN PROCESS: Poor
- We checked in around midnight due to late flight. The check-in process is usually the first test of how efficient a hotel is. There was only 1 staff at the reception desk when we got there and was busy with another guest which took a very long time. Another staff member appeared after 20 minutes (followed by 2 more staff) to serve us. I can never figure out why any hotel would take such a long time to check in guests!
- Another test we have for hotels in hot climate such as Singapore is the room's temperature control. Most indoor places in Singapore blast their aircon system. We turned the control up to 29C and set the level to Low and the temperature remained unchanged (cold). We had it turned off for most of the time.
- Bed was comfortable as per trademark of Marriott hotels/resorts.
- Room's furniture and bathroom were standard.
- Internet was not complimentary.
- Nice dissent size pool with wading pool so my son loved it.
- No drinking water was given at pool side
- Helpful staff doing their best to serve guests but it did not feel efficient in some areas. For example, our access card stopped working twice during our stay and we were told not to put the card near mobile phone! (Sorry, not really my problem if the access card is badly designed)
LOCATION: Very Good
- Probably the hotel's best feature: its location being very convenient for access to Orchard Road and nearby.
- Good standard hotel with very convenient location.
- We stayed there using Marriott rewards points. We checked its lowest price for the period of our stay and it was much higher than other hotels of similar standard. We don't think we would have stayed there for that price. Not value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Orchard Road hotel's green-roof pagoda is a well-known landmark located at the junction of Scotts Road and Orchard Road, in Singapore. Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel is ideally situated on Orchard Road, in the heart of Singapore’s bustling shopping and entertainment hub. We are a 5-star hotel linked to at least 4 main shopping complexes by an underpass and we are directly above the Orchard Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) station, which means the rest of the island is simply a train ride away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Singapore
- Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel