The Accor website had a great offer so when i needed to stay for a couple of days for a month-long trip from Hawaii to France via Singapore, I thought perhaps it would be OK to stay at the Grand Mercure Roxy...again. I was hoping I would not have any issues this time. Well, I was wrong.
Enroute to France, I arrived in Singapore on June 19--and was given a room on the 8th floor, as usual. Still the same old dated furniture and carpet. Upon further inspection, I found a piece of chocolate cake smashed on the door frame of the toilet. On the toilet floor, just behind the door, were a few strands of 'hair'--yuck!! Needless to say, I was quite disappointed again.
I arrived back in Singapore ( from France) on July 12. After a tiring 13 hour flight plus 7 hour stopover, I had hoped not to have any issues with my room. I was wrong, again! You would think that since I had a reservation they would already have a room assigned upon my arrival. Instead I had to wait for at least 25minutes. I told Venool--the front desk clerk who attended to me that I was really tired and if he could give me a nice room, that would be much appreciated. He gives me a room at the very end of the hall--adjacent to the exit/stairs. The room had a single bed and a king bed. I was alone...What was Venool thinking--or maybe he wasn't! I also did not like that it was an adjoining room--so the door leading to the other room had no lock. I was given this same room on my previous stay a couple of years ago and had rejected it.
I had booked these 2 separate stays on a "Stay, Spin & Win" Promotion offer on the Accor website. Anamarie, the front desk clerk from my first stay was pleasant and offered the free 1-day City tour that came with the Promotion, plus the free welcome drink the hotel provides upon arrival. Venool on the hand, did not. I had to remind him about the welcome drink. An addition I appreciated was the nice Filipino bellboy named Edrian. He had a welcoming smile, very helpful with my luggages and was quite apologetic about the room at the end of the hall.
My daughter has urged me to try other hotels in downtown singapore...for some reason, despite the many unhappy incidences, I've been returning to this hotel for the past 7 years.Location being the most ideal for me. But then I can only take so much disappointments...we'll see.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Mercure Singapore Roxy is an ideal hotel for a business trip or holiday in Singapore. A haven from the bustling city amidst the heritage charms of historic Katong, the hotel enjoys easy access to the city centre, Changi Business Park, Singapore Expo, the Marina Bay area and Orchard Road. Enjoy fantastic shopping at Parkway Parade on the doorsteps of the hotel or a great day out at East Coast Park with beaches, recreational facilities and renowned seafood restaurants. Only 10 minutes from Changi Airport with DAILY COMPLIMENTARY SHUTTLE SERVICE. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelbag, Agoda, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Mercure Singapore Roxy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Roxy Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Grand Accor Roxy Hotel
- Grand Mercure Roxy Hotel Singapore
- Mercure Singapore
- Grand Mercure Singapore Roxy