I like this hotel, and have recommended to several others who have agreed. Why though is a harder call. Rooms are fine, ( see if you can blag an upgrade to the executive rooms if you are an AClub member, they often do if you ask) fixtures and fittings in keeping, pool, fitness etc are appropriate without being brilliant. Food in hotel is good, breakfast buffet is excellent though a bit pricey, so what is it?
I think it is the air of calm in the place. For a large hotel, sound does not travel, no one seems in a mad rush, and general feels a lot slower pace than the frenetic outside which is Singapore. I have stayed here many times over the past 5 years and it always rings true, even when hotel is full. The location for me is great. Walking distance to the East Coast path, so beautiful run / walks along the shore, on the main road to Changi airport with a free regular shuttle, escaping all the downtown traffic during transfers, but just a cheap 15 min taxi ride into Chinatown, great food market across the street or upscale food and shopping in Marine Parade a block away. Couple of great local bars behind the hotel (one of them, Chevy 57 has a great band by the way). It hits all the plus points for me.
It is a Mercure, so do not expect all the bells and whistles, but if you are looking for a good standard hotel to hit the Singapore highs, without having to live downtown, and an easy access to the local culture rather than the tourist culture, this is the spot I recommend
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Mercure Singapore Roxy is an ideal hotel for a business trip or holiday in Singapore. A haven from the bustling city amidst the heritage charms of historic Katong, the hotel enjoys easy access to the city centre, Changi Business Park, Singapore Expo, the Marina Bay area and Orchard Road. Enjoy fantastic shopping at Parkway Parade on the doorsteps of the hotel or a great day out at East Coast Park with beaches, recreational facilities and renowned seafood restaurants. Only 10 minutes from Changi Airport with DAILY COMPLIMENTARY SHUTTLE SERVICE. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelbag, Agoda, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Mercure Singapore Roxy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Roxy Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Grand Accor Roxy Hotel
- Grand Mercure Roxy Hotel Singapore
- Mercure Singapore
- Grand Mercure Singapore Roxy