“Dissapointing start ... just hope it gets better”
Review of Furama RiverFront

Furama RiverFront
Ranked #93 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

My 2nd stay at this hotel. Just checked in a 13 floor deluxe rm and I just had to write this review immediately to express disappointment

1) arrive at 1pm and hope to check in earlier. Room was not ready, maybe its national day holiday, peak time. so i think its not their fault my request was turned down .

But i was attended by a trainee who is unsure that my rm booking package came with free internet. He took a long time to verify that it delayed my check in when I finally got the rm ready. My booking letter clearly states that I will enjoy free Internet.

When waiting to be attended, I found staff are also not as friendly towards asians and prefer to serve caucasions who came later at the frontdesk.

2) rm look dated. But its big and fairly clean. Bed was not comfortable and on wheels that cause it to move.

But when I log in, internet had a cap ... i think it was 1000mb ! I might have miss it in the fine prints when I booked at the hotel website but the hotel should state it clearly in the website. Their upgrade promo dont look seem to be a value promo deal anymore.

Messed up my working session cum staycation. Needed dedicated internet but luckily I could still tap on my 3g data.

Warning!: Do check about the free internet before you book. Whether its free abd us thereva cap. Get it recorded black and white.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Imran M
Write a ReviewReviews (2,482)

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Security Officer, Mr Aziz who had rendered his assistance to me when I encountered a minor challenge on my vehicle at the parking lot within the hotel. It was without hesitation that Mr Aziz assisted my request. My wife and I were highly impressed by the service and attitude of Mr Aziz.

I am sure Furama will be great to have such a good role model within the hotel.

Koh

Room Tip: All area clean and neat
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Midlifeupgrade
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Had a great 4 night stay here. Rooms were spacious and very clean. Staff were friendly and helpful. Close to Clarke Quay and loads of restaurants across the river to dine at. Taxi's are very cheap in Singapore so getting around is no problem.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Louise J
FuramaRiverFront, The Management at Furama RiverFront, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Louise J,

Thank you for your lovely review about our helpful staff and cleanliness of the room. We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us.

We appreciate your feedback as we pride ourselves in making sure our guests have an enjoyable experience with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Furama RiverFront soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Luxurious hotel in Singapore. Excellent location. Staff were friendly and professional. Enjoyed great breakfast and excellent customer service. Impressed with clean room and brilliant facilities. Nothing was too much trouble i loved my stay at Furama Riverfront and can't wait to return. Stayed 8 nights and felt like I was home always welcomed with my name and a warm smile.

1  Thank HelenR859
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Fantastic, quality hotel reasonably close to Clarke Quays and Central shopping centre. However a bit further from the action of Orchard Road. The Singapore Explorer bus does however stop very close by (2 mins walk) and it can take you anywhere. Also plenty of taxis which are cheap in Singapore. Hotel has elegant, clean rooms with a couple of restaurants and bars (very nice looking). the incredibly good Maxwell Food Centre (think authentic hawker food) is also reasonably close. Would recommend for the price (very reasonable).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank ClaytonTheCat

Dear ClaytonTheCat,

Thank you so much for your compliments on our rooms and restaurants. Your satisfaction is always our top priority and we strive to make your stay with us memorable.

We have a shuttle bus service that can be reserved at the concierge which brings you to town and Clarke Quay. We are just across the road from Robertson Quay and Tiong Bahru, where you may partake in the retail and dining options. You may also take a leisurely walk to Great World City Shopping Mall or a short taxi/ bus ride to Chinatown and Orchard Road if you have time to enjoy the offerings in the proximity.

Once again, we would like to thank you for your wonderful comments and look forward to welcoming you back to Furama RiverFront.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I am not sure if they were just busier than usual but the last stay I had there was poor. Normally this hotel is clean and quiet. This time it was not very clean. Walls had stains. The room next door was partying. It was not very good. I did ask the front desk to talk to the people next door and after a while they did quiet down but it took a while. The walls were thin.

The breakfast buffet was quite good. Huge variety.

I will probably be put in this hotel again by my company, if I have a better experience I will improve my review.

Room Tip: The rooms on upper floors are better, especially the executive suites. But the bathrooms are glass...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Michael F
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Great room with nice settings lights. Bed was really comfortable and big. Bathroom is nice. Super quiet atmosphere. I stayed in executive club room and have the newspaper of the day hanging at the door every morning. Food was good but you want to make sure you don't get there too late otherwise they would get a little bit dried out. Really good service :) and it's located near 2 MRT stations, not super near but you can have a walk around 15 mins to get there

Room Tip: Choose executive club room. You get exclusive dinner and breakfast which has great service there as...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Weenn

Dear Weenn,

Thank you so much for sharing with us your thoughts and we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the food, room and environment at our hotel as we constantly look for ways to improve our guest experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Furama RiverFront soon.