“Loved the Tub”

Ranked #113 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
New Delhi
“Loved the Tub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2009

A great executive room with a super glass walled bathroom.
Free internet is a big added plus. Good service and reasonably good food.

• Liked — The bathroom
  • Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank captain1711

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2009

Well I book this hotel because my fiancée’s birthday and wanted to give her a surprise, but in actual fact I got nothing out of the normal to praised about.
First off, I booked this hotel on their website for the price of $112, but when I check out the next day, I had to pay $131.
Before I go to the hotel, I sent a email to the reservation dept to let them know that that day will be my fiancée’s birthday and hope they can make some arrangement. Email replied without must details.
When I reach there, the counter staff name Randy (from Philippines) greet me with a smile but as we check in , they need my credit card and I give them my old card , I forgot to bring my new card and required my fiancée’s credit card instead. But as they were processing my check in Randy spoke to his colleague in their native language. I personally think that it is rude for them to speak in that language as I don’t understand and it seems very rude in front of hotel guests. They should just speak in out national language English which they are very good at.
Randy also took my fiancée’s identity card which bears my fiancée’s birth date. Randy should be alert or attentive enough to see that.
Anyway we went up and put our bags. The room seem old fashion and tired.

After my stay , I email back to the reservation dept and enquire more on my displeased but they just reply that this is a one time experience and they actually upgraded my room to a superior room when I just book a standard room.
My question is, the hotel do not inform their guest that they upgraded their rooms without telling them? The price of $131 was it the price I paid for the superior room?
So you mean the say the hotel upgraded your room first without telling you, then asking you to pay for it?
Right now out nation is promoting staycation - For Singaporean to have a short getaway to stay in Singapore hotels. I feel with Furama’s standard , it is far from world class.
I am a Singaporean and I feel that the standard is way lower than I expected, but what about tourists from all around the world? Will they be treated in the same way? I really hope this will not happen again to anyone.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2009

A well located hotel with good rooms compitative rates 167 usd incl breakfast for 3 adults in a room per day. Minus is too many group tours check in making the lobby noisy and crowded.
has good restaurants pool & spa. The staff are courteous and helpful. The rooms are clean and well decorated so once inside you are comfortable.
Near the city world mall 5 mins walking distance which has macdonalds burguer king and other restaurants and also a food court.Has lot of branded stores like british india charles & keith aldo body shop dorthy perkins.
20 min walk from china town a must see at night.

• Liked — the rooms & service
  • Disliked — crowded lobby and breakfast restaurant
  • Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank subahu
Papamoa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2009

Stayed in this hotel after endless searching for where to stay in Sinapore. The location is okay, not central but very close to Chinatown and if you are anyway inclined you can walk in to the centre ( we did numerous times) or to the tube. We got the hotel at a discounted rate , it is clearly a business hotel however our rooms were upgraded on checking in and we were very pleased with the comfortable room.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2009

I stayed at the Furama Riverside for 2 nights.
I had a deluxe room (upgraded courtesy of reception staff) which was very good. My package comprised internet access in the rate (and this is something you should better negotiate upfront as internet access is S$25 per day plus taxes otherwise).

The lobby area is of high quality and so are the restaurants, coffee bars, and conference rooms. High standards.

The room was very nice indeed although the bed was extremely hard. I have not ever complained about this in any other review and was a problem in that respect here. I won't generalise because I can't tell whether they had changed the mattress in that particular room.

The toilette was perfectly adequate with sufficient room.

Location is not the best in Singapore but it is still good. You will need a taxi to get to Orchard Rd or to do the business district. But there are both short taxi rides. You are very close to the riverside and there are plenty of restaurants in the area. Clarke Quay is about a 15 minute walk from the hotel (although you shouldn't walk this distance in the middle of the day due to the oppresive heat and humidity).

I would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank EZT
India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2009

was staying at Furama for 2 weeks. the buffet spread is good and the service is also very timely. however, the laundry etc is over priced. also, they could do with cleaning up the place a little more.

otherwise, the staff is very sweet. it is worth staying in when you are not looking at a expensive stay

Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Angel84India
Manchester England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2009

This is a large modern hotel consisting of two tower blocks. Views from the bedroom window were not the best, but it was a reasonable size with modern bathroom and good quality bed. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Drinks and food in the hotel we found to be expensive. It was about a fifteen minute walk along the riverside to Clarks Quay for the restaurants and bars which are on both sides of the river. Around the corner from the Hotel is the stop for the Hop on Hop off bus which for six dollars you can use all day (for Singapore Airlines stopover passengers this is free) the bus runs every thirty minutes. Also taxis in Singapore are very cheap and metered.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple