“Excellent service and facilities - great value”
Review of Furama RiverFront

Furama RiverFront
Ranked #96 of 315 Hotels in Singapore
Perth
“Excellent service and facilities - great value”
Reviewed 8 July 2009

Booked through wotif for "mystery" low rate including breakfast. Staff were accomodating with both early checkin on arrival at 9.00 am, and again with late checkout on day of departure. Room was spacious, modern and clean. Breakfast was extensive and varied over stay. Pool is large.

Overall an excellent hotel and would recommend to others. Travelled with wife and 2 sons who had separate room.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (571)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2009

Was buoyed when I checked into the Furama as my refurbished 19th floor club room was lovely - very modern and sleek, big flat-screen, etc. Not sure what the normal rooms are like but the room was great.

There were a few other residual benefits to having a Club room, particularly the lovely lounge downstairs which offered free breakfast, which was fairly varied and very private. There's also a (free) evening drinks service there that I didn't get to check out.

However, I had a few issues too. Service could be a little slapdash - half the time I dialed the 'at your service' line, it went to answerphone, slightly disappointing in a hotel of this apparent quality. Generally anything I requested was rather slow. The cleaning staff however were excellent, checking with me what time of day I wanted my room serviced, and doing a sterling job.

My no.1 gripe is the internet - it's slow. And I mean seriously sloooow. It's also only wired, so forget sitting on your bed working, you're chained to the desk. My job unfortunately requires fast internet, so for the 3 days I was here, I didn't really get a lot done. Right now, I'm watching a download which hasn't been above 10k per second. It's rather like the old days of dial-up internet. This issue alone would be enough for me to return to my usual hotel, the Grand Copthorne, where the rooms are clearly not as nice, but the internet is at least useable. Here, it isn't.

Shame, because the rooms really are great. If you don't need internet during your stay, not really an issue, but if you're here on business, until they fix this issue, you probably want to pick somewhere different.

world
Reviewed 25 June 2009

This hotel is generous with free upgrades. Staff is also flexible in granting late checkout. All-in-all - very good value for money!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Ireland
Reviewed 25 June 2009

Stayed for one night and couldn't recommend it highly enough. Service was top class from check in to cleanliness of rooms to service at the bar. The price of tea and drink was very expensive in the hotel alright but I will return if I am in Singapore again.

New Delhi
Reviewed 19 June 2009

A great executive room with a super glass walled bathroom.
Free internet is a big added plus. Good service and reasonably good food.

• Liked — The bathroom
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank captain1711
singapore
Reviewed 15 June 2009

Well I book this hotel because my fiancée’s birthday and wanted to give her a surprise, but in actual fact I got nothing out of the normal to praised about.
First off, I booked this hotel on their website for the price of $112, but when I check out the next day, I had to pay $131.
Before I go to the hotel, I sent a email to the reservation dept to let them know that that day will be my fiancée’s birthday and hope they can make some arrangement. Email replied without must details.
When I reach there, the counter staff name Randy (from Philippines) greet me with a smile but as we check in , they need my credit card and I give them my old card , I forgot to bring my new card and required my fiancée’s credit card instead. But as they were processing my check in Randy spoke to his colleague in their native language. I personally think that it is rude for them to speak in that language as I don’t understand and it seems very rude in front of hotel guests. They should just speak in out national language English which they are very good at.
Randy also took my fiancée’s identity card which bears my fiancée’s birth date. Randy should be alert or attentive enough to see that.
Anyway we went up and put our bags. The room seem old fashion and tired.

After my stay , I email back to the reservation dept and enquire more on my displeased but they just reply that this is a one time experience and they actually upgraded my room to a superior room when I just book a standard room.
My question is, the hotel do not inform their guest that they upgraded their rooms without telling them? The price of $131 was it the price I paid for the superior room?
So you mean the say the hotel upgraded your room first without telling you, then asking you to pay for it?
Right now out nation is promoting staycation - For Singaporean to have a short getaway to stay in Singapore hotels. I feel with Furama’s standard , it is far from world class.
I am a Singaporean and I feel that the standard is way lower than I expected, but what about tourists from all around the world? Will they be treated in the same way? I really hope this will not happen again to anyone.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
bangalore
Reviewed 11 June 2009

A well located hotel with good rooms compitative rates 167 usd incl breakfast for 3 adults in a room per day. Minus is too many group tours check in making the lobby noisy and crowded.
has good restaurants pool & spa. The staff are courteous and helpful. The rooms are clean and well decorated so once inside you are comfortable.
Near the city world mall 5 mins walking distance which has macdonalds burguer king and other restaurants and also a food court.Has lot of branded stores like british india charles & keith aldo body shop dorthy perkins.
20 min walk from china town a must see at night.

• Liked — the rooms & service
  • Disliked — crowded lobby and breakfast restaurant
  • Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank subahu