Mandarin Orchard Singapore
US$336
US$238
Panpacific.com
  • Pool
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$192
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$174
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore(Singapore)
US$495
US$287
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$169
  • Restaurant
Marina Mandarin Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$182
US$146
  • Breakfast included
10,720 results
All reviewsmain towermeritus clubexcellent locationstrategic locationchicken piepremier roombusiness trippleasant stayshopping mallchecking inclub roomlate checkmrt stationchatterboxorchardtakashimayasomerset
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Excellent location, around major shopping/dining locations at orchard road. Easy to get taxi cab and near to MRT stations. The rooms are okay for a upper scale hotel. But check in/out like a market and very long to get the room ready. There is no lounge to wait, and people just having a picnic at the lobby and the ground floor waiting for their rooms. Small swimming pool and no children pool.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mandarin_Orchard_SG, General Manager at Mandarin Orchard Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Eric Y,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the hotel; I really appreciate your time.

I understand your frustrations at the wait for rooms. The hotel now has seating areas in both lobbies as a direct result of guest feedback and may wait in the cafe or bar without the need to purchase any items if they would like to; please do feel free to make use of this facility.

Thank you again for your feedback and I I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Nice hotel with lovely staff in the perfect location on Orchard Road. Close to MRT and good shopping malls. Service was good and housekeeping staff was excellent. Eat in the food courts, good food.....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2014

It was my first time to stay at Mandarin Orchard and I was very satisfied. It was not only in the best possible location but it had very wonderful staff. If I will go back to SG, this hotel will be in my priority accommodation list.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mandarin_Orchard_SG, General Manager at Mandarin Orchard Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Bernadeth B,

Thank you for your 5* review of Mandarin Orchard Singapore!

It is always wonderful to read words such as yours; thank you for taking the time to write your feedback which I know will encourage the entire team to continue to provide Asian hospitality with grace, warmth and care to each and every guest.

Thank you again for making Mandarin Orchard Singapore your hotel of choice, and it will be a pleasure to serve you again.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We travel a lot and were disappointed in this hotel.
Specifically
Room keys continually died
Room Lighting was terrible
Pool was most unattractive, little sun, no view and bland
Air-conditioning didn't seem to work but we were advised that was being addressed.
It should not be rated as a 4 star but rather 2.5 star in our experience

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dennis D

Dear Dennis D,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the hotel and I am happy to see your title. The hotel believes in open, transparent feedback so that it may continually improve. I appreciate your contribution in this process.

I am sorry to hear your expectations were not met during your last visit. The key system in the hotel should always be working, however when technical glitches arise, the engineering team are onsite 24 hours a day to assist however possible; please ask at any time if you need help.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to have the opportunity of serving you again.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Based on my previous stay many years ago and its great location in the middle of Orchard Road, we decided to break out budget and booked for 4 nights. Hotel check in policy was 2pm. We arrived at 2.30pm after a long drive from Melaka, waited 15 mins in the queue (only on ahead of us) to be told our room was not ready for another hour. "Come back in an hour to pick up your key and we will make sure your luggage will be waiting in your room". We went for some lunch and came back at 4.30pm, pick up the key, went to the room, no luggage. Rang the reception and after a couple of call backs with "how many pieces of luggage?" "what does you luggage look like", I decided to go down to baggage service myself. No one serving, so I approached a manager in suits and complained. More conversations followed between him and baggage people, but no action. I was even asked to identify which staff checked me in - as if this is relevant, isn't there a system to handle this? The suit dissapeared somewhere. I finally grabbed hold of a baggage guy passing by who took me downstairs to where the taxi pulled up. He took me to the back room where all the baggage was. It was like a dog's breakfast. Luggage was everywhere. I had to rummage through the whole room and picked up our luggage from all over the room. Some had no tags on them even though I saw tags being put on when they were unloaded. There was one more, so he took me into the upstairs baggage room to locate the last piece and I followed him up to my room with the trolley. It was now 5pm, 3 hours after stated check in time. I defy hotel management to explain to me their system to handle luggage when guest rooms are not ready at the time of check in.
Apart from that, the location cannot be faulted which is what they are relying on to sell expensive rooms. It's a shame - why can't you have both? It does not cost the hotel any more to be efficient - might be the contrary.
We used the pool once. In a 1000+ room hotel, the pool was the size of a postage stamp with half a dozen chairs. What's more, the pool service was "no service". We turned up, no one on the counter and no towels. After waiting a while, I went into the hotel lobby and approached another guy in suits. He came back to the pool counter to look for himself. Guests who stay at this hotel must be generally blind - cannot tell if there are clean towels on the counter / shelves. He went away without a word, 10 mins later the laundry guy turns up with a trolley basket of presumably clean towels, scoop them all up, dumped them on the counter, scooped up the dirty ones and dumped them into the same basket (contamination 101??) and went off without a word to us standing by the counter. I went behind counter, checked that they were clean and helped myself. A few minutes later, I looked up from the pool to see he's come back to fold up the towels he dumped. He could have just asked if we were waiting for clean towels but he was too pissed about something.
Breakfast was okay but not spectacular. Again, Holiday Inn Melaka was miles better at half the price for the room.
Room size was okay but not as big as the Rendezvous.
There were 2 good things I can say about the staff - our room was always made up well. When we went downstairs on the way out with our luggage, a "traffic" guy saw us and immediately pulled us into another lane in the driveway and got a taxi out of the queue and even told the driver which terminal and airline.
Will I stay there again? Unlikely. Must be another hotel in Orchard Road. What about the Holiday Express sign I saw across the road from my window. We had a fantastic stay at Holiday Inn Melaka. Don't know why I overlooked it, maybe the address was Custacean Rd.

Room Tip: Ask if they have a non smoking floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HC1969

Dear HC1969,

Thank you for your comments with regards to your most recent stay. I am really disappointed to read about your experiences which certainly should not have happened. Feedback is taken very seriously and I would be very happy to investigate this further. Please do send me an email with more details of your stay so this may happen.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope there will be another opportunity to serve you again.