“Excellent Service”

Pan Pacific Orchard
Ranked #35 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I stayed at the hotel back in September for a business trip. I was there for a week and I booked myself a club lounge room. Before I arrived at the hotel I spoke to the hotel manager and I asked about Halal food being served there. He introduced me to Andy the Head Chef who went out the way to provide me with Halal food. Andy went and purchased new pots and pan so the hotel could accommodate me. What excellent service. From Andy to all the staff in the club lounge they truly made my stay outstanding. The only downfall is no wifi in the room however, I will look to stay at the hotel again on my next visit.

The hotel is very close to Orchard Road which is the main attraction for shoppers and getting a taxi is not a problem at all.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
PanPacificOrchard, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2011

Dear Connecttraveller,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Pan Pacific Orchard. It is always a joy to receive acknowledgment on our commitment to create memorable hotel experience from our guests. It’s even more rewarding to know that you will be coming back to stay with us again. I will definitely pass on your compliments to Chef Andy and the Pacific Club team. I’m sure they will be happy to know that they have left such a great impression.

Once again, thank for you staying with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 5 December 2011

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights recently and the level of service was excellent. We were hotel bound for most of the day as the seasonal rains thundered down and hence spent most of our time in the lobby bar. The staff in the Lobby bar in particular Farrah, Twinkle and Mariquel made the experience a real pleasure with their friendly manner and sense of fun. The overall stay was very enjoyable and I would recommend this hotel for service and location.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Dear Discerningtraveler11,

We are delighted to hear that your stay went well. It is always a joy reading rave reviews from our guests. Here at Pan Pacific Orchard, we strive to deliver the best possible service experience to our guests and your satisfaction is our reward. I will definitely be sharing your wonderful compliments with the Lobby Lounge team. I am sure they will be glad to know that they have left such a great impression.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful hotel experience with us and if there is anything that I can do for your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact me at fjenni@panpacific.com.

Reviewed 1 December 2011

Overall it's ok. Have a good basic gym that's fit for purpose, and self operated, open 24 hrs a day. The pool is okay too. Breakfast spread is satisfactory. Location is next to Orchard Road and 2 km away from Botanical Gardens.

No wifi service in the room, so not good for those like me who rely on my ipad for work and internet.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank SharinaS
PanPacificOrchard, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2011

Dear SharinaS,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facilities like the fitness centre and mineral water swimming pool. At Pan Pacific Orchard, we are constantly working towards enhancing our facilities and services to deliver the best guest’s experience. I have highlighted your feedback to the team and we will look into it immediately. Can I also take this opportunity to ask that you contact me at fjenni@panpacific.com or by calling 65 6831 6602 so that I can address your concerns personally.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 30 November 2011

Stayed 3 nights at the Pan Pacific Orchard. Location is good right at the end of Orchard Rd so if you are want to be close to the shopping it's a good bet. Compared to many other Singapor hotels of comparable quality it is also pretty good value.

We stayed in a suite room which gave us access to the Club Lounge which was a nice touch. All day snacks and a happy hour. You can also have a la carte breakfast too.

Rooms are pretty good shape. The bathroom has some quirks - No towel racks and there is not a powerplug close enough to the vanity to shave or dry hair in front ogf the mirror. Iritating but not a deal breaker.

Service is freindly and efficient.

Average for Singapore but would reccomend as a value option.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Dear kaybradj,

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest during your recent trip to Singapore and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and facilities. I am also glad to know that you had the opportunity to experience some of our Pacific Club privileges. All in all, the team at Pan Pacific Orchard is pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will definitely pass on your compliments to our associates.

Please accept our sincere appreciation for taking the time to share your experience with us and we definitely look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

Hotel is at the end of Orchard Road. Had high expectations for a Pacific Hotel. Booked the Premier King room. Was surprise room is still having an old skool CRT TV with some channels blur. Old wooden furniture and worn out armchair. Pillows to soft even with 3 pillow stack on top on another. Had a backache and stiff neck when woke up in the morning. Ok for ONE night's stay. Nothing if compared to Pan Pacific at Marina and . Slse stay at nearby Royal Plaza on Scotts which is about the same price.

Room Tip: Book a more expensive room.

Dear Supsteel.,

Warmest Greetings from Pan Pacific Orchard. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest during your recent visit to Singapore and my deepest appreciation for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Your comments are noted and I am pleased to confirm that a refurbishment program is in the pipeline which will cover the majority of our guest rooms.

I hope that this will not deter you from staying with us again and if there is anything I can do for you on your next visit, please feel free to contact me at fjenni@panpacific.com or by calling 65 6831 6602.

Reviewed 25 November 2011

Nice clean hotel. Friendly helpful staff. Lovely breakfast.
Location is not ideal for sightseers and a walk to the nearest underground station.
Pool & spa facilities were basic but we had them to ourselves.
The lift was continually problematic with our key card.
Old TV with limited channels, no DVD, etc.
Biggest gripe was no in room wi-fi. Lobby wi-fi was free, but 'buggy' with apple products.
Struggled to see the 5 star service?

Room Tip: Ask for wifi
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
PanPacificOrchard, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2011

Dear 2coats,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your compliments on our associates and breakfast selection. We are appreciative of your feedback on the other areas with regards to the hotel’s facilities and I am pleased to share that a comprehensive refurbishment to our guests rooms is plan for early next year.

Could I take this opportunity to invite you to contact me at fjenni@panpacific.com or by calling 65 6831 6602 in order for me to personally extend my apologies for the inconveniences you have encountered during your stay.

I hope that this will not deter you from visiting us again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Pan Pacific Orchard.

Reviewed 23 November 2011

For the same price point you can get a better. Outdated furnishing, Outdated shower, Outdated CRT TV. Staff is nice and friendly, but this needs to be lower on the list for the price

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you with us during your recent visit to Singapore. I am glad to hear that our associates left a good impression with their personalized and friendly service.

We are regretful that our guestroom has fallen short of expectations. Your feedback is important to us and we are pleased to share with you that we are finalizing a upgrading program for the majority of our guestrooms and some of our public areas.

Could I take this opportunity to invite you to contact me at fjenni@panpacific.com or by calling 65 6831 6602?

I hope that this will not deter you from visiting us again and we look forward having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Pan Pacific Orchard.