“Nothing Special”

Pan Pacific Orchard
Ranked #37 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Recently had an over nighter on the way through Singapore for a business trip and my company booked me in here. First impressions we good, grand entrance very nice then found the reception up the back with was a little odd. Reception has these pokey modern desk/bench with laptops - weird! Cables everywhere and printers in a draw. Was a little off putting. I was about 6 hrs early and they did check me in which was very nice - must say this was a plus, customer service was also pretty good.

Got to my room, very very small (Almost Japanese standard - not good in Singapore) and only a queen bed. Room maintenance was poor, switches loose, door handle in shower very loose almost hanging off, broken AC temperaturer control and floor light that almost electrocuted me. Reported on the way out but nothing happened - didn't expect it would be fixed given the condition of the room. Apart from that was clean and presented as best it could. I must say although a only queen bed - very comfortable!

Breakfast was included and this was pretty good. Complementary WIFI worked and no issues there. Didn't check out the other features of the hotel so can comment. Check out was quick but it was difficult to get a taxi based on the location off the main road. Would I say here again - Yes because its a "preferred" hotel for my company, but personally not would bother both business or holiday. There are much better hotels in Singapore for the same price in a much better location.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Tsar100
Dean R, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is always good to hear from guests such as yourself, how you appreciate the refurbished entrance and service rendered by our associates who were able to provide for early check-in. I am also glad that you enjoyed our breakfast spread.

It is however unfortunate that your room was not up to your standards and we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused. Rest assure your comments are taken seriously. Should there be any other concerns, I would like to encourage you to contact me at dean.rossilli@panpacific.com or call +65 6831 6602 so I can personally address these matters.

We hope that we will have an opportunity in the near future to extend our signature Pacific hospitality to serve you better and make your stay, a pleasant one.

Dean Rossilli

Write a ReviewReviews (2,529)

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I went on a last minute business trip and stayed in the Pan Pacific Orchard for the weekend.
It thoroughly exceeded my expectations.
The room was perfect for work with a large. Additionally the provision of a Nespresso machine was great as the convenience of a great coffee when ever you liked was fantastic.

The bed was huge, the bathroom was immaculate and huge and it had a great shower.

The in-room dining was exceptional, which was great when I couldn't get out for long enough to get lunch.

The fitness centre was perfect, everything I would normally use at the gym. There was no one else there the times I used it which was great as I could plug in my I-Pod to there speaker system and work away.

The location is also great for shopping on Orchard street.

Staff were so friendly and helpful.

Overall I couldn't find a fault.

Room Tip: I think my room was one of the newly renovated type.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. It’s a pleasure to know that your stay with us exceeded your expectations!

We’re glad to hear that you also enjoyed the in-room dining, hotel facilities like the fitness centre and the convenience of having a Nespresso machine within our spacious guestrooms.
It’s nice to hear from guests, such as yourself who appreciate the service of our associates during your stay!

We are truly thankful for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I absolutely love this hotel.
As a business traveller, it is incredible that with only about 6 visits per year, nearly every member of staff knows me by name and makes me very welcome indeed.
This hotel is an excellent combination of professionalism and the personal touch.

Room Tip: ask for a suite!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank 68proguest
Dean R, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

We are extremely delighted to hear that you appreciated our attention to our guests and efforts to recognize each by name as far as possible. I will surely share your commendation with our service associates and I’m sure that they will be glad to hear that they made your stay a memorable one.

Thank you for your continued support of the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

I spent 5 nights in this hotel, everything was good except the food that we were expecting... For vegetarians i don't recommend this hotel!!! There is a very strong need of Indian restaurant in this hotel, I have faced lot of unconvince due to this. Everything else was superb like cleanness and interiors. Not recommend to Indian food lovers.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for taking time to pen your feedback. We are glad that you appreciated the cleanliness and the refurbished interior of our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience that you have faced during your stay with us and we will definitely look into the introduction of more vegetarian dishes.

Should you have additional comments or feedback, feel free to contact me at dean.rossilli@panpacific.com or by calling +65 6831 6602.

We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Singapore.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

This is a great hotel in a really convenient location just of Orchard Road and not far from the MRT.
Rooms are large and clean, with a Nespresso machine, huge comfy bed and great shower/bathroom. The staff that we met were all really helpful and friendly.
It has a good sized outdoor pool along with a sauna, steam room & jacuzzi (though we didn't try these). It has also got a good sized gym by hotel standards.
We didn't eat at the hotel as we felt the breakfast was a bit pricey at $30, though it looked like a great buffet and seemed very popular.
There are a few 'interesting' ladies round the corner at night, but we felt perfectly safe and unthreatened walking around.
We also found out we could get a bus back to the airport just down the road from the hotel (no 36)
All in all a great hotel and we would like to stay there again

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Pan Pacific Orchard, Singapore! It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the locality of the hotel along Orchard Road and that our in-room amenities such as the Nespresso machine helped to make your stay with us more comfortable.

We are glad that you also appreciated our mineral water pool, fitness centre and the other wellness facilities as well as the helpful and friendly service provided by our associates! I will be sure to commend them on their service.

We definitely look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and thank you once again for your support and feedback.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Stayed one night, amazing staff, location and quality of room. We received an early check-in (about noon time) which was most helpful. The bed was excellent and the housekeeping was perfect. The hotel offered TWG tea, which was my first time, and one that every guest should try. Breakfast was wholesome but restaurant was crowded, perhaps because we were late. Advisable to ask for taxis in advance as they need to flag one down. Orchard is right behind and convenient to stay up late and stroll. We took a taxi to the airport both ways but the bus from the airport stops on Orchard, in all of 200 meters from the hotel. The check out was a breeze, the shortest that I have ever experienced (save for express checkouts) in any hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback. We are glad our hotel’s locality along Orchard road, fleet of excellent service staff, housekeeping and culinary brigade made your stay an excellent one and I will be sure to share your commendation with them.

We strive to provide the best for our guests and we are always pleased to hear that our efforts made your stay a memorable one.

We are delighted to have you with us and definitely look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Stayed @ PanP for one night on a business trip recently. Usually stay elsewhere when in Spore, but the PanP was fine. Room was very good, comfortable bed, quiet, good shower, etc......all one wants for a whistle stop one nighter. Use the buffet for lunch & breakfast - no complaints. The check in / out was a little slow with staff fiddling about on small laptops, but no issue really. Would use again

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing Pan Pacific Orchard, Singapore as your choice of stay. We are glad that you enjoyed our refreshed guestrooms and the breakfast and lunch dining experience in our signature restaurant, 10 at Claymore.

Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back!