“Great hotel and staff”

Pan Pacific Orchard
Ranked #36 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Pleasure to stay at a great hotel with very friendly staff. Can highly recommend. The executive lounge and service is excellent. Great conference facilities. Sophia, kyra, and all the bar staff are only to willing to meet your requirements and the food gets you into the local frame of mind.The hotel has provided us with the one stop shop for all our conference requirements for the last three years. It makes our choice for our conference next year a no brainer. Thank you again for a wonderful and pleasurable experience

• Stayed: November 2013
Dean R, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you staying and choosing to host your conferences with us! I will be sure to convey your compliments to Sofia, Kyra and our Lobby Lounge staff on their hospitality and friendliness which will be a definite delight to them.

We are also glad to hear that you appreciated the conference facilities, wonderful service and delicious cuisine too.

Thank you for choosing us as your preferred hotel and meeting venue and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Pan Pacific Orchard

Reviewed 24 November 2013

My regular Hotel in Singapore, resided there for 3 years a few years back. Would not stay anywhere else, great location, friendly staff and the Club Lounge is excellent and very accommodating staff. Rooms are large, Beds and pillows a bit soft for my liking and aircon systems getting a bit venerable but everything else is excellent. Need benches at the front to sit on while waiting for taxis.

Room Tip: Club Room's are worth the money
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for continually choosing to stay with us. It’s our privilege to be able to be of service to you all this time .

For your next stay in our Pacific Club Room, you can look forward to selecting a pillow of your preference from our pillow menu – an additional benefit we have in place for our Club guests!
Thank you too for your suggestion on having benches which we are currently reviewing.
Once again, we are delighted to hear that Pan Pacific Orchard is your preferred choice of stay in Singapore and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

one of the best hotels i ever stayed in, excellent services, friendly and helpful staff, good location, i love the swimming pool, they need more check in and check out staff and counters. i loved the view from the top. amazing hotel. easy access to shopping malls. i recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Try out the pan pacific suites!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are delighted that the friendliness of our associates and their helpfulness made your stay a pleasant one. I'm glad to learn too that you had the opportunity to experience our mineral water swimming pool, the first in Singapore to use NASA-patented ionization technology, as well as the convenience of our hotel's proximity to Orchard Road.

It is our honour to be recommended by you and we are definitely looking forward to your return!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

i stayed a lot of times @ this hotel. the staff are friendly.. the room is spacious and i like the bathroom.. the location is better and convenient to go out to mall for shopping.. my bf prefers to stay here than any other hotels..

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay with us as your preferred hotel and we are glad that you appreciate the friendliness of our staff and spacious guest room. I'm pleased to know you the locality of our hotel along Orchard Road, the shopping hub of Singapore, was of great convenience too.
We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

I was amazed from the warm welcome from the moment I arrived at the lobby. I was escorted all the way from the lobby to the check in counter. Check in was fast and when we arrived in the room we had a anniversary card and some fruits and chocolates arranged for us as well. Overall the stay was amazing and I didn't expect to receive such hospitable service but it was a pleasant suprise. Thank you Pan Pacific Orchard!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chrisopotato

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Pan Pacific Orchard, Singapore during your recent anniversary celebration! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed our welcome and service throughout your stay with us as well as the efficient check-in service.

We understand that the importance of your anniversary and we are glad that you appreciated the special card and amenities arranged. It’s always great to hear from guests, such as yourself who acknowledge the efforts we put in to make your stay with us as pleasant & memorable as possible.

We definitely look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

stayed at this hotel recently on a family vacation for 2 nights, the hotel is just a stones throw away from orchard and a 15 min walk from ion mall, the rooms are spacious and well maintained, the overall feel of the hotel is not very luxurious for the kind of price you pay, but i guess its the same for most of the hotels in singapore. service quality is good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay with us with your family and we are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us at Pan Pacific Orchard, the service experienced, guest room as well as the locality of the hotel just a stone's throw from Orchard Road.

Thank you for taking time out to share your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Location is rather inconvenient. Takes 5-10min walk to Ion/Isetan. Nothing much at the nearby Forum. Rather complicated night activities at Orchard Towers next to the hotel. I wouldnt advise female guests to be out alone there.

Room & toilet is nice, clean & spacious. Baby cot is clean but the drop-down hook was a bit faulty.

Service staff are fine but not excellent in terms of service. They try to avoid eye contact and don't greet you. And many seemed dreamy.
A staff came to me with a bill asking me to sign when i was standing near the lobby. I kept asking her what it is for, she told me to check and sign. When I asked her again, she looked surprised and said she got the wrong person and went off.

Swimming pool is clean but small.

The restaurant 10@Claymore was disappointing. Breakfast variety was limited, food wasn't good. Even freshly made juice was made in advance and placed there despite a staff stationed at juice corner with a juicer. I requested for apple-carrot-orange mixed juice. She simply took out a jug of apple juice, carrot juice & orange juice and poured them into a cup. I've no idea how oxidized the apple juice had become!

No kids cutlery were available. I requested for a plastic set for the toddler but no one came back with it and I had to request a 2nd time, only to be given ceramic plate & metal fork & spoon. Finally I had to return to my room to bring down my own set for the kid. What if I'm not a guest here? Where am I to find a kids set for my child? I've stayed at other hotels and the staff immediately bring me a kids set without request.

Pacific Club lounge
Refreshments were cold bread. When we went down at 10pm for cocktail, they said it's all finished. No more cocktail or refreshments. Only coffee, tea & juice available. I never knew it's a first come first served cocktail & refreshment concept. If the lounge closes at 11pm, I would expect I still get to drink or eat someting at 10.30pm (last order). I had paid more for club lounge benefits only to be greeted with such service.

We had stayed at Pan Pac (Marina) before and it's hard to believe this is part of Pan Pac group. The overall service and feel of the stay was disappointing. Not worth the price at all.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank usaginoko

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate the honest comments shared. I am sorry for the inconvenince and disappointement that you have experienced. I wish to assure you that I have taken this onboard and have personally investigated the areas of concern highligthed. Pleae allow me the opportunity to assure you that this is definitely not in line with the level of service we are recognized for.

As your recent experience is of great concern to us, I would like to invite you to email me at dean.rossilli@panpacific.com or by calling +65 6831 6602 in order for me to personally extend my sincere apologies for the shortfalls.

We hope we will be able to welome you back again to experience the true hospitality that is Pan Pacific.