“Staycation”

Pan Pacific Orchard
Ranked #35 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Since wife is pregnant, they have us seated in the cafe and conducted the room booking. No need for us to stand in the reception/concierge.
*Very friendly staff, especially the lobby entrance.
*Bfast is just fine, nothing extra-ordinary about their menu.
*Room (premiere) is awesome for couples. Wish the bath tub is wider.
*Location is very near to shaw lido (movie/shopping) and other orchard malls.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patrick John R
DeanRossilli, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you Patrick for sharing your experience with us at Pan Pacific Orchard, Singapore!

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the impressive service, effortless check-in as well as our spacious, contemporary guest rooms.

Just minutes away, indulging in shopping and entertainment haven, Orchard Road, is a breeze with a myriad of brands and experiences to enjoy.

We definitely look forward to welcoming you and your loved ones back!

There are newer reviews for Pan Pacific Orchard

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We had a great stop over at this hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Check in was easy and the food was good. Very close to orchard road and all the shopping. Our package included breakfast, which was very nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us at Pan Pacific Orchard, Singapore!

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the seamless check-in and enjoyed our culinary offerings, including daily buffet breakfast at our signature restaurant, 10 at Claymore.

Located just at the brink of shopping and entertainment haven, Orchard Road, the hotel is a popular choice for discerning guests such as yourself.

We look forward to being of service to you on your next stopover in Singapore!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just returned from a 3 night stay with my son in the Pan Pacific Orchard booked through booking.com.
The hotel is well located at the top end of Orchard Road, about 5-10 mins walk to Orchard MRT station. The only potential issue is the close proximity to Orchard Towers and it's late night/early morning bar/club scene which those with children might wish to avoid walking past, which incidentally can be quite easily done.
Public areas are more compact than some hotels yet still spacious enough and are well maintained and elegant. The lobby bar had a pianist and singer, both were good. We didn't have breakfast included in our room rate and can't comment on its variety and quality. Whilst not the most expensive in Singapore at $Sing30++ or around £17 ($30) there are numerous cafés (eg Starbucks) and places in the shopping malls serving breakfast (eg Din Tai Fung in Wisma Atria) which we would prefer.
The outdoor fresh water pool was really good, pleat of decking around with loungers and tables and chairs. There's a phone and a menu so you can order food and drinks to the poolside. The gym looked well equipped. We didn't try the spa but it seemed expensive, over £80 for a one hour massage, but that's probably just Singapore, which I've noticed getting more expensive each time I visit.
The only downside was the room, which was really small and tired in a few areas. The lights didn't work properly nor did the bathroom door lock. Both were however fixed quickly when we complained. The aircon fan doesn't really regulate between low and high, it's just degrees of high! I get the impression that having booked through booking.com maybe we got one of the poorer rooms as glancing into other being cleaned, they appeared much more spacious. I would avoid if possible rooms at the end is the corridors. Ours was 1503, so I would guess those ending in 03 and 04, and the equivalents at the other end of the corridor on each floor would be the same.
Staff were very pleasant and helpful.
We paid approx £120 per night room only for a twin, which is not bad in Singapore, but for an extra £20-£25 per night on booking.com I could have booked the intercontinental, where I have stayed before. In hindsight I should have done.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at ends of the corridors
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank stevengallen
Dean R, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Pan Pacific Orchard, Singapore.

As a 5-star hotel, we pride ourselves on providing guests, like you with spacious and comfortable rooms to unwind. We are glad that you enjoyed the close proximity of the hotel to the various shopping options around Orchard Road, as well as the entertainment by our pianist and singer.

With regard to the condition of your room, please be assured that we take the maintenance of the room and its amenities seriously, and we sincerely apologise for our oversight on the lighting and bathroom door lock. Also, we wish to clarify that the size of all rooms within the same room category (e.g. deluxe, premium etc.) are of the same size.

Once again, do accept our sincere apologies for your discomfort with regards to the faulty amenities in the room. Please be assured that we will look into this and address the matter accordingly. If you have any additional feedback or concerns, please do reach me at +65 6831 6602 or email me directly at dean.rossilli@panpacific.com.

We look forward to being of service to you again on your next trip to Singapore.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Having stayed here multiple times I am always happy to return. This hotel shines because of its staff. Their genuine warmth, professional caring attitude and willingness to assist is to be admired.
Well done and thank you!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank David W

Dear David,

Thank you for returning to stay with us at Pan Pacific Orchard, Singapore!

We are delighted that we were able to offer our services to ensure your hotel experience was memorable and we are pleased to hear you found our service warm and professional, and met your needs.

We look forward to your return yet again!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

First time in this hotel as I made it a mission to visit every single hotel in Singapore on Orchard road. This is a quaint hotel located just behind Orchard road. It is close to the Orchard MRT station and bus stations to get around town. For you foreigners (including me), I would suggest bringing an umbrella when you go out because the weather is just humid and temperamental. The staff members are extremely polite and helpful.

Room service was like a ninja. When I went out 3 times in the afternoon, they snuck in and serviced my room in such a short time every one of the 3 times. I usually mess up the bed when I am in the room and when I came back, it was all made up. I really have to give this one to them. They are the best I have come across in room service in my entire adult business and personal life. I am very hard to impress and you have just done it.

GHA platinum members, remember to upgrade your room. For some reason, the system showed me as gold when I am a platinum. Yet the staff upgraded me without any hesitation when I asked. I will go out of my way just to stay at one of your other GHA hotels in Singapore next time.

Here are the pros and cons:
Pros:
- located close to the center of Singapore's heart of shopping.
- Excellent gym
- Great pool. (although I did not swim that day. Another giasu uncle was swimming in the rain with thunderstorm. He was braver than me.)
- Great buffet breakfast. Definitely worth the service.
- Free wifi
- unlimited fountain of mineral water (from the diligent room service)
- Service is one of the best I have come across. kudos!

Cons:
- the usual patrons of this hotel are "not so young". By that I mean, no many below 30 years old. Be prepared to get visually checked out by uncles and aunties whether you want it or not.
- be wary of charges to your room. Double check your bills.
- if you take the short cut to Orchard Road and used the next door building to get across, don't look too closely unless you are interested in adult entertainment. (yes... that kind)
- very hard to find if you are new to Singapore. Make sure you tell the taxi driver its on Claymore Road, not the other "Pan Pacific Apartments" building. Even the taxi driver gets it wrong (to my surprise)
- Be prepared to be giasu. (Again for foreigners, it means afraid of being defeated. It can be equated to the more commonly known "short man's syndrome")

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for staying with us and for your sincere feed back on your stay with us at Pan Pacific Orchard!

It’s a great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us in the exclusive enclave of Claymore, just steps away from the well-loved retail belt, Orchard Road. We are also happy to hear you were impressed by the service of our dedicated associates, buffet breakfast, 24-hour TechnoGym Fitness Centre and our mineral water swimming pool.

Our spacious guest rooms are outfitted with facilities such as in-room Nespresso, premium Gryphon teas, and generous bathroom.

We are also glad you found our breakfasts excellent and I will share your compliments with the culinary and service teams at the hotel which will surely delight. Being a participating hotel in the GHA loyalty programme is an honor which we take seriously and strive to provide the very best possible especially to members like yourself.

It’s rewarding for us to hear from guests -such as yourself - who share with us what you appreciated in your memorable hotel experience.

We certainly look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This hotel is very central as it is just around the corner from Orchard Road. The bedroom was excellent and top marks for the coffee machine in the room as well as a selection of teas. The bathroom is large and has a nice bath as well as a spacious shower. However, what made this special was the personal interest from the staff - very helpful with a request for a late check-out, with requests for suggestions about where to eat and art galleries, and in asking if I was enjoying my stay in a way that was genuine. The breakfasts were excellent.

I will certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ghetovecio
DeanRossilli, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Pan Pacific Orchard! It’s a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and the facilities such as the in-room Nespresso, premium Gryphon teas, and spacious bathroom.

We are also glad you found our breakfasts excellent and I will share your compliments with the team at the hotel.

It’s rewarding for us to hear from guests -such as yourself - who share with us what you appreciated and recognized in your memorable hotel experience.

We certainly look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I had chosen Pan Pacific Orchard as our choice Wedding lunch venue from 4 other esteem alternatives. We were impressed by the commendable personalized service rendered by the company of service staff from greeter right to the General Manager.

In particular, Ms Blesie Marquez was the one who sealed our decision in favour of Pan Pacific Orchard. Blesie’s promptness and attentiveness to details and our needs was unparalleled, to say the least. This was so, even when she was off work. She was proactive in helping us in perfecting our wedding and all proceedings. Over and above, Blesie’s service excellence was demonstrated when she addressed to all our additional service requests, even at the eleventh hour. In addition, Blesie’s sense of responsibility was remarkable too, she had consistently provided us with the absolute assurance which mitigated our anxiety arising from the wedding banquet logistics and planning. Her professionalism was evidence through her readiness to assist us even after our wedding banquet when she met us to hear our feedback and sought for areas of improvement. In short, our wedding might not have turned out this seamlessly memorable without Blesie’s involvement.

Another staff whom we would like to highlight is Mr Tony Khoo, who touched us by his warm service, for instant, he hand-picked no less than a dozen background music album for us to select upon our request. Tony also demonstrated his professionalism when he personally looked into the fine operational details and made it a point to attend to us all the time during the wedding banquet. My wife and I were also impressed by his initiative when he hand-delivered our thumb drive which was used for video screening during our wedding event at our suite without us asking. To add on, Tony volunteered to heat up our food when he saw that our dine-in meal had turned cold and when the kitchen advised that the food had exceeded 4 hours of fit consumption, Tony offered us a menu of ala carte choices and touched base with Blesie to sign the bill so that we didn't not need to pay additional for the food replacement. This was indeed teamwork at its best!

Last but not least, we were impressed by every service staff from greeter to chamber staff that had come into contact with us, they took it as their personal responsibility not only to deliver their role but go the extra mile to check that our experience was pleasant and if they could be of help in any way. We would like to thank all the staff who had attended to us in one way of another. Our decision in choosing Pan Pacific Orchard as our wedding banquet venue was absolutely a perfect one – it was a life-time memory etched in not only our mind, and also our heart.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you Richard for choosing to celebrate this important occasion with us at Pan Pacific Orchard! We are honored to be your wedding venue and in creating a memory of a lifetime for you and your loved ones.

It's certainly delightful to hear how our associate, Ms Blesie had assisted and attended to your every need and concern in creating a perfect wedding, and for Mr Tony who ensured a seamless flow of events as well as took care of you perosnally throughout. I will surely share your compliments with them and the team, who will definitely appreciate your kind words.

We look forward to having you back with us every anniversary and special occasion!