“Good little hotel in a great location”

Ranked #78 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We chose the Novotel initially because it was one of the few hotels where all four of us could be accommodated in one room. As it turns out its a really good hotel in a great location. The room was spacious even with the extra bed and well equipped. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Clarke Quay is a great location for eating, drinking or hopping a water taxi to get around the city and has several museums within walking distance. It is also close to public transport links

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Rachael R
KevinBossino, General Manager at Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Rachael R,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay during your trip in Singapore.

It is truly a delight to hear that you were comfortable and were happy with our hotel’s prime location.

On behalf of the entire Novotel team, we thank you for your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay

Write a ReviewReviews (6,438)

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Check in to this hotel for a short staycation.
The location is good , closed to China Town.
During the Chinese New Year period, it a good base to stay and go walking around China Town festive night market.

The room was nice and bright.
The size is good enough for 2A2C,

There are lots of eating place around the hotel.
So , we only had breakfast in the hotel.

I like the multifunction connector in the room.
Managed to connect my notebook output to the TV and the kids have a nice time watch big screen cartoon in bed.
In the lobby, Xbox games were available for the kid to play. This give me and the wife time to goto the bar for a nice drink.

House keeping is a bit disappointing, when we check into my room. I found that there is no chair for the work table. It seems that the previous user and damaged the chair and the hotel did not replace it. I have to inform the reception and housekeeping twice before someone replaces the chair for me.

As a whole, the family enjoys the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sunbeamrn
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed at the novotel clark quay for a week in March 2014. on my arrival there was no room available at 1000 hrs in the morning (I had arranged a early check in). I had to wait till after 1300 hrs after flying all night from Australia.

I wanted to extend my stay and I was given the run around. there was availability - but I had to pay full retail and as a platinum accor member they did not offer me a discount.

I went to Malaysia for 24 hrs and I asked for the room to be held on my return I had discovered that my room had no power - I was locked out while maintenance fixed for over 5 hrs. not a pleasant stay at all.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank nemo0001
KevinBossino, General Manager at Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear nemo0001,

Firstly, we would like to extend our sincere appreciation to you for your continued support to Accor Hotels. We greatly value our Le Club Platinum members hence I am deeply sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your experience during your recent visit to our hotel.

At Novotel, our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us, hence we make every effort to accommodate requests for early check-in. However, being a centrally located hotel in a busy and vibrant city with constantly high or full occupancy, we are unfortunately unable to provide it at all times. To ensure that a room is ready prior to our 2.00pm check-in time, we normally recommend booking the room from the previous night so that the room is immediately available upon arrival. We recognise that this information should have been provided during your reservation process and we would like to apologize if this was not communicated to you then.

With regards to the room rate offered for the extension of your stay, please allow me to clarify that Le Club Platinum members are entitled to advance access to upcoming private sales on accorhotels.com. If there is no ongoing sale / promotion on the date of the inquiry, the best available rate of the day is offered instead.

It is with great disappointment that we note the inconvenience you experienced upon your return from Malaysia. While it was an unintentional and isolated case, I truly regret that we didn’t handle things better and have followed up with my team to ensure such a situation does not recur.

Once again, thank you very much for your continuous support and we do hope that this unpleasant incident will not deter you from patronizing us again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I had to write a review for this hotel because it was amazing. Only stayed 4 days but had a fantastic time. The staff were amazing from the reception to the restaurant and concierge. It is in a perfect location, you really didn't have to leave Clarke Quay because it had everything you could need from shopping to eating to nightlife right on your doorstep. There was food everywhere but I don't think you could go past the hotel restaurant for a wonderful meal and fantastic service. Great rooms as well. I really don't know what else to say except that this hotel just had a lovely welcoming feel to it and nothing seemed to be too much trouble. We were treated really well and it really was a beautiful, enjoyable few days.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank kimber64
NovotelSingapore, General Manager at Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear kimber64,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Singapore and for giving us such a lovely feedback here on TripAdvisor.

It is a real pleasure for us to know that you had a comfortable stay. With the wide variety of dining and entertainment choices in the surrounding area of the hotel, our location indeed brings much convenience to our guests. Your kind compliments on our location, services and rooms are highly appreciated.

We are truly grateful for your review and we certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I have visited Singapore a few times and used to stay in a hotel around city hall. Since I'm joining Accor advantage plus, so I have to use my complimentary night in a Accor hotels. I found Novotel Clarke Quay is an amazing place to stay. I can find anything easily, 7 eleven, supermarket, bars, restaurant from local taste to international taste. If you enjoy a night life, this is the place. Hotel staffs also very helpful and friendly. The room is spacious and clean. I enjoy my 3 nights staying in Novotel and will bring my family to stay here and enjoy the sorroundings.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ratnaningtyas
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The Novotel Clarke Quay was a great choice for a family visit to Singapore! Excellent location right on Clarke Quay so easy access to many restaurants & bars for the adults as well as being a 10 minute easy taxi ride to Sentosa for the kids's activities each day. The rooms were spacious & we got a great family deal on two king rooms. The staff were extremely helpful & courteous, & we enjoyed lunch in the Chinese restaurant (50% off dim sum lunch on weekdays) & happy hour by the pool. We will definitely return!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Larita75
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The view was great and my kids were crazy about the pool. The staff were quick and friendly. We also loved breakfast. They say there will be a new MRT station next to the hotel constructed next year. It will be an added value to the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family