“good location, decent hotel.”

Ranked #73 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Sydney, Australia
“good location, decent hotel.”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed at the Novotel for 3 nights on a stop over to Thailand.
The hotel is in a really quaint area of Singapore called Clarke Quay.
It is adjacent to the riverside which is full of great little restaurants, shops and night time market stalls. The area is quiet during the day and comes to life at night.
The hotel itself is good for a stop over with clean rooms and adequate facilities. Rooms are well serviced, the pool is a welcome sight after a humid day of adventure around town; and the breakfasts are substantial, although I would have expected a bit more variation.
The gym is small so get there early to make sure you get the machine you want.
The strange part about the hotel is the fact the reception is on the 7 the floor! It is a small inconvenience having to change lifts every time you come and go, but you get used to it.
It is abt a 10 to 15 minute walk to the MRT
( train station), which is across the river, but the rail system is fantastic & I would definitely take advantage of it.
The hotel is also above a pretty nice shopping mall with lots of different shops and eateries.
Overall I would recommend this hotel for your trip to Singapore.
We managed to navigate ourselves to all the popular tourists sights and activities very easily from this location and there is always something to do or see around the key in the evenings.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 23rd floor and up have the better classification. I would also ask for a room overlooki...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Leonie P
KevinBossino, General Manager at Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Leonie P,

Warmest greetings from Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay!

It was a great pleasure having you stay with us during your recent trip to Singapore. We are truly grateful for your positive feedback and are very much delighted to know that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us.

We are glad that you were happy with our hotel’s prime location. Situated in the heart of Clarke Quay, the hotel is indeed surrounded by the best variety of entertainment hotspots and chill out places, offering some of the best nights out in Singapore.

At Novotel, we make every effort to ensure our guests’ full satisfaction with every aspect of the stay hence it is a delight to know that you were satisfied.

Your generous comments have been shared with the rest of the team and I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement as we strive to continuously improve our products and the quality of our services.

We sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts with us and we look forward to the pleasure of serving you again soon.

Area General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (959)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 12 May 2014

What a horror start to Singapore stayover. Taxi from airport was the rudest old bugger I have encountered in travel. More on that later. The initial room at Novatel was not what I expected and I thought the whole deal was going to be a sour trip.
Enter Asst manager Francesca and PR Kumi at front desk. Changed room, and sorted transport options. Offered informed advice on our questions, thanks ladies. But all staff were helpful and willing. The location at Clarke Quay also made transport easy to our sightseeing options radiating outward. Though Clarke Quay itself is a vibrant nightlife destination of its own.

Room Tip: We are smokers, make this abundantly clear via direct email before arrival, if using internet bookin...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear WestAustMicko,

Warmest greetings from Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay!

It was a great pleasure having you stay with us during your recent trip to Singapore. We are truly grateful for your positive feedback and are very much delighted to know that you enjoyed the convenient location of our hotel and had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us.

Our goal is to make all of our guests feel at home and well-taken care of hence it gives us great pleasure to know that Francesca's and Kumi’s high level of personalized service was the highlight of your stay. Your comments have been shared with her and the rest of the teams and I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement as we strive to continuously improve our products and the quality of our services. It is truly refreshing to get fantastic feedback like yours, which shows that our efforts to exceed guests' expectations are recognized, thus we are truly thankful.

On behalf of the entire Novotel team, we thank you very much for your patronage and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Conveniently located with supermarket, MacDonald's , Starbucks, Subway and other amenities downstairs, and restaurants around. In my current stay here (Room 1117 from 8-11 May), the experience has been anything but daunting. The ironing board was missing despite there an iron available in the room and when I requested for one, it took them 30 minutes to respond with an engineering staff turning up at my door to check that I wasn't making a false request, followed by another 10 minute wait, and all this at a non-peak hotel hour. Bathroom was not clean, dirt in grouting, and a shower door with a shoddily installed rubber water splash that prevented door from closing. The toiletries are inadequate, the standard cotton buds and hand lotion nowhere to be found. Teaspoons were missing. Carpets are not well cleaned. Beds are badly made with pillows not fluffed up, and literally thrown on bed and bed done in a very unprofessional housekeeping manner., everyday. The manner in which the hotel presents it's room and it's housekeeping services makes one question the quality of the hotel as a whole, what with a much cheaper and newer Holiday Inn Express down the road as a good alternative. Disappointed. (I must give commendations to front desk staff Kimberley and Felicia who gave their best efforts to accommodate despite all those unpleasantries).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank shaarky
Dear shaarky,

Thank you for making Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay your home when in Singapore and for taking the time to let us know about your experience during your stay. However, it is with sincere regret that we note your dissatisfaction with our service and facilities during your most recent visit.

We take pride in our Housekeeping team’s cleanliness and attention to details thus your comments on the condition of the room that was given to you is a serious concern for us. Upon receipt of your feedback, our Executive Housekeeper immediately addressed the issue with the staff members concerned; our new Room Attendant on the 11th floor is now undergoing a series of additional practical trainings while our Housekeeping Supervisors have been briefed to step up on the daily room inspection to ensure that only the rooms that are representative of Novotel standards are assigned to our guests whereas those that are in need of attention are identified and taken out of our room inventory.

In line with our commitment to conduct business in a more sustainable and responsible manner, we strive to practice the three R’s of the environment: reduce, re-use and recycle. Consequently, only the basic necessities are set-up in all of our rooms while additional toiletries may be sent to the rooms upon request. We do note that you would like to have cotton buds and a hand lotion readily available in your room hence we have since updated your profile in our system to ensure that our complete set of amenities are set-up in your room upon your arrival.

On a positive note, it is a pleasure to hear that Kimberley and Felicia’s high level of personalized service was the highlight of your stay. Your kind compliments will certainly inspire them and the rest of the team as we strive to continuously exceed our guests' expectations; as such, we are truly grateful.

Once again, we offer our heartfelt apologies for your less than satisfactory stay and we do hope that you will give us another opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel. If you could kindly contact me directly through H5993-GM3@accor.com for your future visit, I will personally ensure a pleasant and comfortable stay.

Thank you and have a good day ahead!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We chose the Novotel initially because it was one of the few hotels where all four of us could be accommodated in one room. As it turns out its a really good hotel in a great location. The room was spacious even with the extra bed and well equipped. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Clarke Quay is a great location for eating, drinking or hopping a water taxi to get around the city and has several museums within walking distance. It is also close to public transport links

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Rachael R
KevinBossino, General Manager at Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Rachael R,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay during your trip in Singapore.

It is truly a delight to hear that you were comfortable and were happy with our hotel’s prime location.

On behalf of the entire Novotel team, we thank you for your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Check in to this hotel for a short staycation.
The location is good , closed to China Town.
During the Chinese New Year period, it a good base to stay and go walking around China Town festive night market.

The room was nice and bright.
The size is good enough for 2A2C,

There are lots of eating place around the hotel.
So , we only had breakfast in the hotel.

I like the multifunction connector in the room.
Managed to connect my notebook output to the TV and the kids have a nice time watch big screen cartoon in bed.
In the lobby, Xbox games were available for the kid to play. This give me and the wife time to goto the bar for a nice drink.

House keeping is a bit disappointing, when we check into my room. I found that there is no chair for the work table. It seems that the previous user and damaged the chair and the hotel did not replace it. I have to inform the reception and housekeeping twice before someone replaces the chair for me.

As a whole, the family enjoys the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sunbeamrn
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed at the novotel clark quay for a week in March 2014. on my arrival there was no room available at 1000 hrs in the morning (I had arranged a early check in). I had to wait till after 1300 hrs after flying all night from Australia.

I wanted to extend my stay and I was given the run around. there was availability - but I had to pay full retail and as a platinum accor member they did not offer me a discount.

I went to Malaysia for 24 hrs and I asked for the room to be held on my return I had discovered that my room had no power - I was locked out while maintenance fixed for over 5 hrs. not a pleasant stay at all.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

2 Thank nemo0001
Dear nemo0001,

Firstly, we would like to extend our sincere appreciation to you for your continued support to Accor Hotels. We greatly value our Le Club Platinum members hence I am deeply sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your experience during your recent visit to our hotel.

At Novotel, our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us, hence we make every effort to accommodate requests for early check-in. However, being a centrally located hotel in a busy and vibrant city with constantly high or full occupancy, we are unfortunately unable to provide it at all times. To ensure that a room is ready prior to our 2.00pm check-in time, we normally recommend booking the room from the previous night so that the room is immediately available upon arrival. We recognise that this information should have been provided during your reservation process and we would like to apologize if this was not communicated to you then.

With regards to the room rate offered for the extension of your stay, please allow me to clarify that Le Club Platinum members are entitled to advance access to upcoming private sales on accorhotels.com. If there is no ongoing sale / promotion on the date of the inquiry, the best available rate of the day is offered instead.

It is with great disappointment that we note the inconvenience you experienced upon your return from Malaysia. While it was an unintentional and isolated case, I truly regret that we didn’t handle things better and have followed up with my team to ensure such a situation does not recur.

Once again, thank you very much for your continuous support and we do hope that this unpleasant incident will not deter you from patronizing us again in the near future.

Western Australia
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I had to write a review for this hotel because it was amazing. Only stayed 4 days but had a fantastic time. The staff were amazing from the reception to the restaurant and concierge. It is in a perfect location, you really didn't have to leave Clarke Quay because it had everything you could need from shopping to eating to nightlife right on your doorstep. There was food everywhere but I don't think you could go past the hotel restaurant for a wonderful meal and fantastic service. Great rooms as well. I really don't know what else to say except that this hotel just had a lovely welcoming feel to it and nothing seemed to be too much trouble. We were treated really well and it really was a beautiful, enjoyable few days.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank kimber64
NovotelSingapore, General Manager at Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear kimber64,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Singapore and for giving us such a lovely feedback here on TripAdvisor.

It is a real pleasure for us to know that you had a comfortable stay. With the wide variety of dining and entertainment choices in the surrounding area of the hotel, our location indeed brings much convenience to our guests. Your kind compliments on our location, services and rooms are highly appreciated.

We are truly grateful for your review and we certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.