Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)
  • Restaurant
  • Fitness centre
6,595 results
All reviewsclarke quaypremier loungegreat locationliang courtaccor membernight liferestaurants and barsshopping centrefort canning parkexecutive roomking bedmarina baythe ground flooran upgrademrt stationcentral locationbuffet breakfast
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I stay for 3 nights with my wife and 1 baby. The location are very good easy to look for a taxi, 5 minutes walk to mrt station. If you like to have a night life club or bar this hotel is front of all bars in clarke quay. This hotel are in good spot for mrt. Only 10 minutes by mrt to orchard and 15 minutes to vivo city sentosa. For taxi is not that expensive if you used it to orchard or changi.
I was arrive around 00:30AM eraly morning. Once i arrive 2 concierge are looking at me, they know i bring 1 baby and 2 big bag. They should offer me a help to bring all those bag. But theyre not. They juat ask me if i will stay there or not. Of course i will stay there, why should i stop at this hotel in early morning with a baby if im not stay there. Check in process are smooth very fast but again i should bring all my bags alone. All i know concierge bring your bag from car until your room. But here i didnt see that services. Not a very impresive action from a staff after seeing a tired couple with very big 2 bags and 1 baby. So i only give average rating. I will give you excelent if you help me with all bags.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank buajiputro
KevinBossino, Manager at Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear buajiputro,

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay with us here on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to hear that your otherwise pleasant visit was marred by the welcome you received upon your arrival at the hotel. This is truly disappointing as it is our goal to ensure that all our guests leave the hotel with nothing but positive memories of their stay. Rest assured that we have taken serious note of your comments and we will emphasize on refreshing our team’s minds with our Novotel values to prevent this type of incident from happening again.

We hope to have the pleasure of serving you and your family again soon. Meantime, we remain at your disposal should you require any further assistance.

With best regards,

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have stayed in my fair share of Acorr hotels, and I think that generally speaking, Novotel are the worst value for money.

Clarke Quay was no exception. The staff were ok, the rooms were small. The building was old, rooms were old, everything just seemed tired. It was, however in a good location, Clarke Quay is bustling with a good night-life, but just for the price you are paying, I think you can do better.

There was nothing overly wrong with the hotel, but nothing flattering. For the price you are better off staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
KevinBossino, Manager at Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear always_Itchy_feet27,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your stay with us last July 2013.

While I am pleased to read that you appreciated the convenient location of the hotel and enjoyed the pulsating night life at Clarke Quay, I am sorry that your experience with us fell below your expectations. You will be glad to know that we have since briefed our Housekeeping Supervisors to step up on their daily room inspection to ensure that only the rooms that are representative of Novotel standards are assigned to our guests whereas those that are in need of attention are identified and taken out of our room inventory.

It is our sincere hope that you could give us a chance to regain your confidence in our hotel as well as the Novotel brand. Please feel free to contact us directly should you plan to visit Singapore in the near future and we will ensure a genuine Novotel experience for you.

With best regards,

Reviewed 4 June 2014

A 45 minutes (Yes Forty Five Minutes) wait to be checked in is a bad start for a stay at any hotel. Long queues and only two staff, where were the management?. We booked two rooms with an offer the hotel had where children under 14 had a room at a discount. When I asked if the children’s room would have twin beds not a double I was informed this would involve an additional charge. Surely the hotel must realize that children want their own beds these days, or mention this at the booking stage.

I had problems with the television. In the room was a card that said: “My Team and I are available 24/7 for 1 Guest – YOU. Our mission, your satisfaction, call 888. Another marketing manager’s joke. I called several times but no answer, called 0 for operator, no answer, called duty manager but one ring and it cut off. In the end I resorted to the old fashion going down to reception and talking to a real person and got some action.

I have previously stayed at this hotel in 2012 when I gave it good review.

One shining exception was the excellent breakfast team lead by a restaurant manager who was there with his team, Sorry but this hotel has lost the plot and I cannot recommend. (The criticisms are not directed at the staff but at the systems they have to work with and lack of management oversight)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank waiheke

Dear waiheke,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again during your trip to Singapore and for taking the time out to send us your feedback.

I am deeply concerned about the unfortunate circumstances of your recent stay at the hotel. However, please allow me to clarify that while our check-in time is at 2.00pm, our reception team practice flexibility and understanding. We try very hard to accommodate early arrival rooms whenever possible. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide it at all times, especially when there are numerous requests for early arrival rooms during high occupancy periods.

Based on our records, I understand that you had booked two (2) Standard Rooms for your stay with us. While the bedding configurations in each of our rooms are stated on our website when making the booking, you may wish to note that all of our Standard Rooms only have 1 bed inside and our twin-bedded rooms start from the Superior Room level which is the next room type above the Standard Room.

I wish to assure you that it is indeed our goal to ensure our guests’ satisfaction hence it is regrettable that your calls, to have the issues with your television resolved, were left unanswered. Your experience does not represent the quality of service we strive for at our hotel and we thank you for bringing this to our attention and therefore giving us an opportunity to improve. The Department Heads concerned have since been briefed to put your feedback on priority for further investigation and immediate action. I will be monitoring this myself personally.

On a positive note, it is a pleasure to know that our Food & Beverage team’s high level of personalized service highlighted your stay. The team extend their warm appreciation for your compliments to their service.

While I understand that your recent experience has affected your impression of the hotel, it is our sincere hope that you could give us another chance to show you the real Novotel experience on your next trip to Singapore. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel is located just off clarke quay-its a bit of a walk to the nearest MRT but its located just off the clarke quay area and is teeming with restaurants.
The rooms are quite big -check in and check out took a while but well singapore is just booming with tourism and business and this does reflect in how busy most hotels in singapore seem to be. Theres a starbucks , a 7-eleven, dunking donuts, right below.

Surprisingly it was the assistant manager(Bernard ho if i recall his name correctly) who was the unfriendliest of the lot at check out !

All in all a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family