“I love the view here ..”

Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay
Ranked #74 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Bangkok, Thailand
“I love the view here ..”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is my third hotels in Singapore for this trip. And the last one here is an upgraded from iBis and Hotel 81. This Novotel is in Clarke Quay area, which you can reach bus and MRT in 8-10 minutes walk. (Don't walk along the river, which will take longer)

The view is superb. Down there you'll see the famous party area of Singapore -- Clarke Quay. You can enjoy ridiculous prices of beers and wines here. The room is not perfectly sound proofed. I can still hear some music from the street in some moments, but it's okay for me.

Central department store is nearby. 7-11 is just under the hotel. Wi-fi is bad and slow. Service is good. I didn't try dinner buffet since I visited at 8:00PM and see only one small oyster on cold area.

The room is quite big. But I don't like the way that the lobby is on 7th floor. You have to go down from your room to the lobby and change to another elevator to the ground. (and both elevators are on different sides) And staffs are great.

If you love party, stay here. If you love shopping and more convenience location, look elsewhere (especially if you wanna take MRT to the airport -- long walk, change MRT line, etc.)

Ohh ... Bak Kut Teh near the front of Clarke Quay on the way to the hotel is good and reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
KGBossino, General Manager at Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear steammilk,

We value your feedback and are very much delighted to know that you had an over-all pleasant stay with us.

At Novotel, we make every effort to ensure our guests’ full satisfaction with every aspect of the stay hence please rest assured that your comments about the noise levels and internet services have been highlighted to the relevant department heads for further review and constructive action.

Thank you for you patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kevin Bossino

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (953)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Geneva
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We could not fault the hotel. The room was high quality and very quiet. Good location for nearby restaurants. MRT 5 minutes away
Staff were very helpful and friendly. Free wi fi in rooms and free computer usage in the lobby.
Would highly recommend
Colin and Erica Green Tasmania Australia

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank colin g
Kuta, Indonesia
Reviewed 4 August 2014

First time at Novotel Clarke Quay . Got good help from Ms Kuni and also at the Restaurant the second day . The first day at breakfast , alone , I got my table then grabbed some food , ate , went back for juice and a great fresh Expresso from the coffee machine, to discover that my table had been cleared up and re set for new comers . I then tried to drink standing my juice and my coffee and felt terrible ! Second day , the Gentlemen at Breakfast really ensured that would not happen again...
Love the bathroom with both a bath tub and a shower. Good size beds in the Twin Rooms . It is a nice 20 min. walk from Novotel to Orchard Road . Look forward to my next stay !

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear HRKB01,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel on TripAdvisor and a 5-star rating.

We are glad to note that you had a pleasant stay with us and that Kumi’s high level of personalized service was a highlight of your experience at Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay. Your comments have been shared with her and the rest of the teams, which I am certain, will inspire us to continuously improve the quality of our services.

However, we regret to hear of your disappointment with the service you faced during our breakfast buffet. We make every effort to ensure our guests’ full satisfaction hence please rest assured we aim to step-up on our training efforts to ensure that all our new team members provide only the highest level of service to all of our guests.

Your patronage is much appreciated and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have stayed at the hotel a couple of times before but this was the first time I stayed for more than one night. The location is excellent for Clarke Quay and the MRT is a 3 minute walk away.
The staff seemed very cheerful and friendly. Check-in was quick and efficient. I also had a nice chat with one of the hotel managers at breakfast who seemed to be generally lurking to make sure everything was running smoothly and that guests were happy. The roof top pool is very nice.
The main issue during the saty was that the room I had was very stuffy and I could not get it cool even with the air conditioning set as low as it would go. This made sleeping quite difficult. I reported this to reception one morning as I was leaving for work but there was no feedback or improvement when I returned. The internet in the rooms was not great either especially given you have to pay for this. One night, I could not even receive my emails.
Overall, it's a nice, well located hotel. It was a major let down though that the room air conditioning was not working well (it was very good in the public areas).

Room Tip: The higher the better as there are some excellent views of the surrounding area.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
KGBossino, General Manager at Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Tim G,
We appreciate you sharing your experience with us.Thank you for your positive comments about our friendly and efficient staff and our central location.

At Novotel, it is our commitment to deliver a high quality product for each and every guest thus we share your disappointment that the room given to you had a faulty air-conditioning system. If possible, kindly furnish us with your room number and details of your stay via email at H5993@accor.com in order to conduct maintenance services. We have also briefed our engineering team to step up on room inspections to prevent future issues.

Your continued patronage is greatly appreciated and we hope that this experience will not dampen your confidence in us.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Really happy with this hotel. Great value deal for a studio room. I thought the included buffet breakfast had great variety and good quality. Also signed up to the free accor membership to get free wifi. Staff were good. Room was sound.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple