We booked this hotel for a weekend staycation, and the rates are still rather reasonable considering it's a public holiday weekend. I had made the reservation for a normal room, and the hotel had kindly gave me a room with the Marina Bay Sands view, which is absolutely perfect for viewing the National Day Fireworks. Thank you, Novotel!
Location - It's perfect for guests who love nightlife, as it's just right at Clarke Quay. It's not that great for those who often use the MRT to get around, as it's still about eight minutes walk to the nearest Clarke Quay MRT Station. There's a Starbucks and a 7-11 just downstairs of the hotel, and there's a Japanese Supermarket at the basement of Liang Court, which shared the same building as the hotel.
Room - Perfect. The hotel has a rather oldish exterior facade, but once you step into the lobby and its rooms, you can see that it has been refurbished and maintained at a high standard. King-sized bed is awesome (as with all Accorhotel chains) and the pillows are small but firm. Housekeeping standards are top notched here - the sink is clean and devoid of any stains, bedsheets are spotless. There's also plenty of power sockets for guests to charge their devices. Basic room amenities are there - bedroom slippers, complimentary bottles of water, hairdryer, disposable shaver, shaving cream, etc. The only thing I find lacking is that I've stated that there's two of us in the room, but there's only one toothbrush being provided. Also, it was slightly disappointing that cotton ear buds were not provided.
Wifi signal is very strong with good download speeds (YouTube is perfectly smooth), so make sure you sign up to be AccorHotel member to enjoy complimentary Wifi. There are also quite a few cable channels that's bound to satisfy someone in your group - Discovery channel, Nat Geo, MTV Asia, etc. However, we took some time to actually figure out how to maneuver the internal menu with the TV remote. Gone was the good old days of pressing numbers on the remote to get to the channels. Instead, you had to navigate through an in-house TV menu to choose the TV channels that you want. It wouldn't be so bad if the menu and remote control are intuitive enough, but unfortunately it took us a while to finally get the channels we wanted to watch.
Breakfast is actually forgettable (sorry, Novotel). Scramble eggs tasted plain. There's no taste of the eggs, nor milk. Best is to just stick with pre-processed food like hashbrown (you can't go wrong with that!), pastries (which I believe the kitchen just ordered from a caterer), cereals, sausages, etc. The fruits are truly fresh and sweet though (I've almost never ate such sweet honeydew ever! Is it the honeydew season now?). So thumbs up for that.
I suppose the best part of the stay (apart from watching fireworks in our room) is the friendliness of the hotel staff. From the check-in counter to the housekeeping crew, all of them are just full of smiles and very helpful. It's the same guy who checked me in and out (I believe his name is Jin Fa?), and there's really nothing I can fault him with. He might have been a trainee as I saw a "I'm Learning" button pinned to his blazer, but he's just as professional and competent as every other staff I see there.
I've always love Novotel for their no frills, standard business-style rooms, and Novotel Clarke Quay has again met my expectations. Will definitely recommend this hotel to my overseas friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay combines convenience and comfort in the center of town. This 4-star hotel is the perfect choice for your next business trip or holiday, and is located close to the famous shopping paradise of Orchard Road and the Suntec City Convention Center. Featuring 403 beautifully appointed rooms, plus a Premier Lounge, Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay offers great conference facilities, plus an outdoor swimming pool, a bar, and three restaurants serving local and international cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay Hotel Singapore
- Novotel Clarke Quay Singapore
- Singapore Novotel