Before I review this hotel, I stay in a range of accommodation on my travels ranging from no star to 5 star and base all my reviews on value for money and expectations.
I stayed at The Regent for 5 nights with my mum as a stop over before going to Indonesia. Our flight arrive early morning and we got to the hotel at 9am. We had to wait until 12pm to check into a room which was tiring after a long flight from London but as their policy was check in at 3pm it was not a problem. So we waited in the hotel lobby.
Upon check in, I must of not heard that our room was a double. As I was on holiday with my mum sharing a double bed for 5 nights is completely unacceptable as we had requested a twin room. After discovering this, back to reception we went to change rooms. This time we got a twin room which I cannot understand why we didn't in the first place.
Exhausted we had a nap for about an hour and then realised our suitcases had not turned up. We phoned reception and eventually got our bags to change clothes etc. Again not 5 star hospitality at it's best!
We went out for the rest of the day and came back to go straight to bed. The room was really noisy I could hear what sounded like hot water pipes going on and off for hours. At first I assumed someone in the room next to us was taking the world's longest shower, but got up to investigate and discovered our room was next to a linen room which explained the noise! So at 2am, another visit to reception to change rooms! The staff were really good I have to say as and we got upgraded to a suite twin room which was really nice of them.
This room was much better, however I still found it really noisy but kind of assumed the whole hotel suffers the same problem. I am not sure if it was an old air con system or water pipes. You also hear a lot of noise from the corridors and road outside. Not the greatest nights sleep!
The interior is very outdated and the carpets and fabrics are stained in areas. The bed linen is stiff and over starched. Needs a bit of renovation.
No free wifi or breakfast which is disgusting for the price but many 5 star hotels are like this. The pool is tiny for the size of the hotel.
Some positives: good gym facilities, staff were friendly and helpful, near Orchard Road and botanic gardens.
Overall I would not stay again. But definitely will come back to Singapore it was an amazing place I loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel, is built around a sun-filled atrium that ascends through the building's 12-story interior. Conveniently located in the city's most select area, the hotel is central to the business district and minutes walk to tranquil Botanic Gardens and Orchard Road, Singapore's premier shopping and entertainment hub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Regent Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel
- Regent Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Regent