It has been a while since I came back to this hotel. Normally I would have had a relatively nice stay and I was toggle in choosing between this hotel and a nearby one. This time, it's the Regent.
Firstly, they failed to book me into a room with King Sized bed. I waited 30 minutes for a room on level 12 to be cleaned. Luckily the front desk manager treated me to a cuppa tea and advanced internet surfing for me to kill time. Thanks very much.
When I got my room, noticed that a few things were not working. 1. The sliding door of the wall cabinet to the safe couldn't slide. Tried to push harder and fear the door might jump out of the groove and crash on me. 2. The stopper of the bath tub didn't work. So there went my hot bath. 3. The electrica socket, one, of them also didn't work. I feel that the hotel maintenance is over loading the plugs! The one behind the bed side table. Hrmmmmm.....
However, I enjoyed the in room dining. Always a delight. They even customized my pasta! The waiter was also sensitive in noticing that i may have ordered too much and gave me workable suggestions for future visits.
Service on evening house keeping. Someone rang and within split second, the door opened. I was caught by surprise really. Almost choked on my dinner. Didn't expect how accessible to them. Don't even know if door latching will increase my level of safety. Think the hotel should find another way of finding out if housekeeping is adequate in the evenings. Having said that the King Sized bed was worth the wait.
Check out 21.03.13
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel, is built around a sun-filled atrium that ascends through the building's 12-story interior. Conveniently located in the city's most select area, the hotel is central to the business district and minutes walk to tranquil Botanic Gardens and Orchard Road, Singapore's premier shopping and entertainment hub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Regent Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel
- Regent Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Regent