“More than satiesfied”

Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel
Ranked #25 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed in an other hotel in Singapore four weeks before staying in Regent. It was rated 4 stars, but it was not better than 2-3 stars and was a disapointment. On the other hand Regent was pleasent surprise, it was what was promised! Very helpful, but most important happy and relaxed staff, but yet professional, and as we have travelled a lot, it is something we appriciate. Room by all means great, no complains. Breakfast was exellent! We can recommend Regent to any traveller, business or leasure.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Anne_Arrowsmith, Director of Marketing at Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear lovetotravell999,

We are delighted that your recent stay at Regent Singapore was a pleasant one and that our staff achieved the right balance of friendliness and effectiveness.

Many thanks for recommending us to other would be travellers.

May we wish you continued adventures and a speedy return.

Director of Marketing

Write a ReviewReviews (1,860)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Best part of this hotel was the warmth of the staff at reception. I forgot her name ,a very nice lady was in her family way , we really miss her. Other staff members were also very warm and accommodating . Spacious rooms with very good view and elaborate breakfast. Best location . We all had a great stay there. We are definitely coming again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear rowan803,

What excellent news that you will be returning. Please be sure to contact me, if I can help with your reservations.

And thank you for highlighting our staff at reception. We will of course share your glowing comments with them and the rest of the team.

anne.arrowsmith@fourseasons.com

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We booked this hotel at the last minute for a 2 night stopover, enroute to Sydney from London. We were pleasantly surprised with our decision, given the short amount of research we did. Our room was nice & spacious, check in was efficient and the staff are very helpful.

However, what lets the hotel down is the exorbitant cost of food, drink and services. We were charged $44 for 2 drinks by the pool, before we checked the prices elsewhere in the hotel, including $48 EACH for breakfast. The restaurants were also extremely pricey.

For the rest of our stay, we had a few drinks in the bars in the neighbourhood, and also found some good meals at reasonable prices at restaurants and food halls within walking distance of the Regent.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The Regent Singapore is one of the earlier players in Singapore's high-end hotel chains. This is reflected in the design of the facade, the lobby, the atrium, and also the rooms. As I entered the premise, I could tell that this would be a nice stay as the lobby was clean, the decoration was classy, and the staff greeted you with smiles and portrayed professionalism.

The things I appreciate about this hotels:
+ The hotel is very clean. Everything from lobby, atrium, foyer, bathroom, guest room, etc.
+ Staff are courteous, professional, and helpful
+ The facilities such as swimming pool and gym are well-maintained
+ The Italian restaurant and the lounge (Manhattan) are pricey but serve delectable food and drinks
+ My room was on the 10th floor so everything was quiet. You can't hear anything from the street, even the construction site next door.
+ Room is on the larger side of the scale and bathroom is also quite roomy. The marble floor and L'occitane amenities are extremely appreciated. Power outlets are everywhere. Very handy when you bring along your phone, laptop, ipad, or what have you.
+ Location is okay. It's 8-10 mins walk to Orchard MRT. So it's in residential neighbourhood but still close to the happenings. There is a bus station right in front of the hotel that will take you to the airport should you wish to use a bus
+ Pre-arrival experience was good as the Regent staff sent a couple of e-mails inquiring about my preferences a couple of days before, what i can do during my stay, what kind of pillows and newspapers I like, etc. Usually I am a bit skeptical about such pre-arrival experience as most hotels that do this don't really live up the promises. However, the Regent singapore fulfilled every single thing I requested. Kudos for this!

As I have mentioned earlier, the hotel is old. So I have a few things to say:
- Some parts of the main lobby and the foyer leading to my room always smell like a freshly painted wall or a very strong insect repellent chemical. Or is it an old carpet? I really don't know. Though this pungent smell didn't really bother me, I can imagine other guests who are more sensitive might be irritated with this smell. Perhaps it's from the renovation going on?
- While the atrium is very bright with impressive artwork hung from the ceiling, most part of the ground floor and second floor felt dark and dingy even when it's sunny outside
- Perhaps because of the age of the hotel, you can easily find chipped table, scratched sofa, and closet doors that won't close completely
- My deluxe room felt a bit dark because the window (floor to ceiling) is only half of the entire length of the wall. So you have half of your room bright and half of your room darker

Having said all of the above, I must admit that this hotel is aging gracefully. A little bit of wrinkles won't stop this hotel to compete with younger opponents. The Regent delivers what it promises to deliver. You get a good night sleep and nice F&B offering. However, I left the hotel knowing that I had a good stay but unfortunately I didn't get the "wow" feeling

Room Tip: ask for higher floor and if you have the budget, the club floor is a good option
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2014

As we enter the hotel vicinity.... It is a pleasure to see a very accommodating staffs and I can say that we had a great time spending our overnight there with family. The kids love the pool most and we comfortably had a great night sleep. Love this place for cleanliness and nice breakfast buffet... Love it.... :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear JijiJ,

We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay at Regent Singapore - especially the pool.

Many thanks for commending our staff and the condition of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our doors.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The Regent is one of those hotels that makes you feel like you are at the right place. The location cannot be better if your goal is to explore Singapore. You can walk to places that will keep you busy the whole evening or you could take a cab (which are fairly easy to get owing to the hotel's location again) to go to attractions that are outside of downtown. The rooms are clean, though not very different from any other hotel. The property is slightly dated, but well maintained. A special mention to Basilico and it's staff for a truly wonderful breakfast experience on all the three days. Based on our experience, I would say that there is only a slim chance that you would go wrong with the Regent.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank praveler
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I travel regularly to Singapore for business and this time had to stay a bit nearer to Orchard so booked the Regent. It is a decent hotel but the room are small, the bathroom is tiny, the breakfast option are just ok and the only good thing is really the location.

But if you are a bit indifferent to the location, the Ritz Carlton is a much much better option

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business