“Great Surprise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel
Ranked #27 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Paris, France
“Great Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We never been in Singapore before, and we didn't expect to have these 4 days to expend there. I didn't have much time to look for a hotel and I picked the Regent and I have no regret! What a nice hotel... Well located, clean, very nice service, good breakfast, nice price and rooms. I got a upgrade for a Club Room and I loved. Thank you for the great time and I definitely want to come back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Anne_Arrowsmith, Director of Marketing at Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear GustavoP,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Regent Singapore with the Tripadvisor community.

We are delighted that your search resulted in Regent being selected and most happy to read that you not only enjoyed the location but found our team to be engaging and service minded and our food to be enjoyable.

We look forward to you returning to Singapore and to Regent.

Director of Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I used to be a regular guest of the Four Seasons Hotel in Singapore until I discovered The Regent Hotel,! Even tho they are owned by the same company, The Regent won my heart due to several reasons. It's proximity to the Gleneagles Hospital where air do my annual medical checkup and it's proximity to my son's house which is just off Stevens Road. But over and above all this is the way the staff, from the reservations person (Leah) , the Sales Manager, Ms Anne Arrowsmith, their executive Chef Simone, down to the housekeepers, room service people and doormen treat me with the greatest respect and friendliness! I was just there last July 14 up to July 21 and I am so touched that they always give me my favorite suite, the exact same one that my grandchildren now refer to as Abu's(that's what they call me) house! I was on a strict medical diet and the Executive Chef Simone himself sat down with me to discuss my diet, which was NO salt and NO sugar and No carbs! I ate all my meals at the hotel and would you believe he cooked me dishes I could eat for the rest of my life! This chef is so creative, he made my food taste like I was not on a diet! He is just sheer genius! I have not stayed in a hotel anywhere in the world ( and I travel a lot!) where I am treated like a family member! The rooms are large, the beds firm and comfortable, the amenities great! Everyone is eager to please. Wifi is free! I could go on and on....All I can say is: there is no other hotel I will stay in, in Singapore except The Regent Hotel!

Room Tip: I always take a junior suite because my grandchildren (triplets age 5yrs) love to visit in the after...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Anne_Arrowsmith, Director of Marketing at Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this review, 22 September 2014
Dear Menchu K,

On behalf of the entire team, we wish to pass along our heartfelt thanks for you wonderful endorsement of your stays at Regent.

We are all awaiting your return to "Abu's house".

Warm regards and hurry home.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

booked a suite room for a family vacation and very pleased with the room and amenities. the suite have a living area with a couch, relaxing chair with ottoman, work station, and "classic style in a wardrobe" tv and audio set and a toilet. meanwhile the sleeping area comes with 2 comfy beds, walk in closet, and a washroom with bath tub and another tv. Overall, a really spacious area that can fits numbers of family members. We got complimentary free wifi for the room, which very helpful.

The staff were indeed very friendly. Reagent Singapore located off the Orchard road, so we need to walk about 2 blocks to get to the happening orchard or take a cab. But because of that, the hotel is more quite and we enjoyed our peaceful stays there.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Anne_Arrowsmith, Director of Marketing at Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this review, 23 February 2015
Dear S S,

We are delighted you and your family enjoyed your suite stay at Regent during the summer.

Thank you for complimenting our friendly staff, spacious suites and peaceful environment.

warm regards,

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed in the Regent Hotel overnight 22 Jun and 16 July - as a comfortable stop-over - en-route to/from Europe.

(We flew Singapore Airlines - again, probably the only airline to fly to Europe - just excellent service, good leg room in Economy and even good food.)

We selected the Regency Club floor - it is relatively expensive - but firmly believe the cost and experience were worth it!

Breakfast was first class (in the Club or main dining area) and evening drinks and eats enough for a modest meal.

We could not fault the service, graciousness and quality of this hotel. The staff everywhere were just excellent.

Staff in the Regency Club were magnificent. We were able to check out late (3pm) and remain in the Club lounge until closer to our night flights - on both stays.

The ambience of the hotel was most impressive. Its location is walking distance to most places of interest, with good malls literally next door.

We can not recommend this hotel - and the Regency Club - high enough.

Worth every cent!

Room Tip: Interestingly, we caught No 36 bus to/from the airport (S$2.40/person) - it stops literally in front...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Graeme R
Dear Graeme R,

We are delighted that you selected Regent as your stop over hotel during you trip to and from Europe and are just as delighted to learn that your experience was such a happy one.

Thank you for endorsing Regent's gracious service, impressive ambiance and for so wonderfully expressing our value by saying we are "worth ever cent".

We hope that future travel adventures will bring you back to our door.

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed for 1 night at this hotel for a business trip. Though it was a very short stay, i experienced this legendary hotel as a memorable one. Check In process was smooth, room was perfect. What i liked most is the Loccitane Toiletries. Bed was so comfortable, and it almost made me late for the meeting. :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
Dear Lim Heru H,

We are simply delighted that your one night business trip stay at Regent was a memorable experience.

Thank you for your kind words and positive review. We are thrilled you found the room perfect, the bed comfortable and the L'Occitane amenities to your liking.

We do hope you have many more business reasons to return.

Director of Marketign
Penang Island, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel from the lobby to the room. Great location being tucked away in a quiet corner within walking distance to Orchard and yet not in the craziness of Orchard. Room is tastefully done with traditional charm. Very comfortable bed. Service is great especially housekeeping, only the busy staff at breakfast lacked smiles. Turndown service is also available. Breakfast has varied selections to cater to its international clientele. This is the most impressive breakfast spread I have seen among Singapore hotels. Sole gripe is that breakfast hours are not extended for weekends. Excellent wi-fi with easy log-on which doesn't require you to re-enter password each time you came back to the hotel unlike some other hotels, minor point but much appreciated by guests with multiple devices. Excellent L'Occitane toiletries.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank anggi81
Anne_Arrowsmith, Director of Marketing at Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Anggi81,

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel thoroughly and have also noted your feedback on breakfast service and hours.

We'll certainly look into your suggestion and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best,
Anne
Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We booked a Club Room for our stay and were shocked with the state of it. The club room was cramped and you could hear toilets in the rooms next door on either side flushing in the middle of the night. I am not sure if the Club floor had been refurbished but the rooms certainly seem stuck in early 1990s chinoiserie decor and seemed fairly run down. We complained and were moved to a bigger and better room but I was still unimpressed given the cost of the club room. The accommodation is disappointing and definitely lets the Regent down given that it has some of my favourite F&B outlets in Singapore.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SWChin
JeffRednourHotelMgr, Hotel Manager at Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear SWChin,

Thank you for the detailed feedback provided and it was very unfortunate you were left with such a negative impression of our Club Floor. I recognize Regent is one of your favorites while dining in Singapore and it is disappointing the rooms experience was clearly below your expectations. Fortunately though, I realized our Guest Relations Executive, Shaun had been involved in providing a resolution to issues you initially experienced during your stay with us. This is not a typical issue in our guestrooms and I am confident that it was an isolated incident as your experience with your new room was quite positive.

Nonetheless, I can assure you of our ongoing commitment in our Guest Room maintenance program that runs throughout the year. I know that Shaun has continued to communicate with you and should you return for a future visit please contact me at jeff.rednour@fourseasons.com.

Jeff Rednour