This is a very belated review, as my husband and I stayed here in April 2010. But we had a great experience, so - as I return to posting on Trip Advisor after a long lazy pause - I wanted to give the Mandarin Oriental Singapore a 5-star review.
The service was great. Upon our arrival (we'd been in Thailand the previous 10 days) we discovered that there had been a glitch: the hotel's reservation system said we had only reserved for 1-night (the following night), but we had our printed confirmation of a 2-night reservation. Complicating matters, this was when the Icelandic volcano was erupting, grounding flights, so many European guests had been stranded and the hotel was overflowing. Nonetheless, very smoothly and with no fuss, the agent at check-in upgraded us to what he had left: a 1-bedroom Harbour View suite with balcony. It was gorgeous! Modern and tastefully decorated, with a stunning view of the Singapore skyline.
The terrific breakfast buffet was included in our room rate. It was the largest buffet setup I've ever seen – both in terms of the many options and the number of tables. There was plenty of delicious food, something for everyone.
We've stayed in 3 different areas of Singapore, and I like the location of the Mandarin Oriental. As long as you're willing to hoof it a bit, it's walking distance to both downtown (Merlion Park, Clark Quay, etc) and the new Marina Bay Sands complex. The various Esplanade shopping malls are right there, and it's a quick cab ride to Orchard Road.
The Mandarin Oriental has about twice the number of rooms as the Four Seasons and feels less 'intimate'. But it still offers a high level of service and the views are really amazing. Overall highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore is one of the world's foremost luxury hotels. It is the only hotel in the city that has been awarded Five Star status for both accommodation and spa in the prestigious Forbes Travel Guide for five consecutive years (2012 to 2016). This award-winning property has a prime location, close to the financial hub with easy access to luxury boutiques and entertainment venues, and minutes away from Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre. The hotel features an impressive atrium lobby with 527 rooms and suites. There is a premium Oriental Club Lounge, an indulgent and intimate spa, extensive meeting and banqueting facilities, five renowned restaurants and two lounges overlooking the spectacular Marina Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Destinology and Travelbag so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Mandarin Singapore
- Oriental Hotel Singapore
- Oriental Singapore
- Singapore Mandarin Oriental