We have recently stayed one night in the City Suite and had a wonderful experience. If there is a chance, I will stay here again.
Service: Check-in to the hotel is fast. If you meet a staff at the corridor, he/she will greet you. The service at the Melt Cafe is good too. Empty plates are cleared fast.
Room: Very spacious with a huge L-shaped sofa that can probably sit 6 people, comes with a 32 inch LCD TV, iPod docker and DVD player. If you bring a laptop, you can plug it to the TV with the cables that is provided in-room. Welcome fruits are provided. Bedroom also comes with LCD TV, iPod docker and DVD player. The bed is very comfortable. The corridor to the toilet is also quite spacious which has a big cupboard, some drawers and luggage storage area, which can store about 2 big luggages and a few small ones. Toilet comes with a separate shower area and a bathtub, provided with bath salt and toiletries. Later then we know that the suite is 73 square metres in size.
View: Not much of a view for the room we stay as it is facing Suntec City.
Breakfast: Very delicious breakfast buffet. The breakfast closes at 10:30am. We went for the breakfast at 10am and the staff are still preparing new food to replenish those that has finished. At 10:30am, the staff went to each table to inform us that they are closing soon but we can grab our food first and continue eating while they keep the food. The waffle is one of my favourite as it's crispy!
Gym: Upon entering, we are given a bottle of water and a towel each. The staff is attentive enough to know that I have changed to another machine after one workout and came to ask whether I need her assistance. In a typical gym, there will be shared TV and the volume not very audible. In Oriental, the TV is on the machine itself which is on the same screen as the workout setting. You can toggle the screen to view between the TV and the workout status, or show both at the same time. Earphone is provided for use to watch TV but request it from the staff at the gym and return it after use. The TV programmes come in many languages with channels like HBO, Star Movies, etc. If that is not enough, you can plug your iPhone or iPod to the machine.
Swimming Pool: We didn't use the pool and it is very crowded during the day. What makes this pool special is the sunbath chairs in the pool which means, the chair is half dipped in the pool and you can sit on the chair to sunbath and also partially submerge in water. Beside the pool are sheltered daybeds that can fit 2 person each. These beds comes with a iPod docker, self-controlled fan, and speakers so you can listen to your favourite music at the privacy of your own day bed.
Overall, we are very satisfied with everything that the hotel has offered and will recommend to anyone who wants to stay at this hotel but it is pricey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore is one of the world's foremost luxury hotels. It is the only hotel in the city that has been awarded Five Star status for both accommodation and spa in the prestigious Forbes Travel Guide for six consecutive years (2012 to 2017). This award-winning property has a prime location, close to the financial hub with easy access to luxury boutiques and entertainment venues, and minutes away from Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre. The hotel features an impressive atrium lobby with 527 rooms and suites. There is a premium Oriental Club Lounge, an indulgent and intimate spa, extensive meeting and banqueting facilities, five renowned restaurants and two lounges overlooking the spectacular Marina Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Mandarin Oriental, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Mandarin Singapore
- Oriental Hotel Singapore
- Oriental Singapore
- Singapore Mandarin Oriental