“Good value for your money”

Mandarin Oriental, Singapore
Ranked #15 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
“Good value for your money”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Stayed for two nights at this truly magnificent hotel in Singapore in early January.
Most welcoming staff at the reception, I really felt welcome. Free Wi-fi in rooms, which is an absolute plus. I had the opportunity to stay in one of the Club floor suites, and had access to the Horizon Club. They serve breakfast, afternoon tea and pre-dinner drinks and canapes in the evening. Plus sweet and savoury snacks and beverages are available throughout he day. An absolute haven for the travel worn traveller.
Rooms are very clean and immaculately decorated. The bed was one of best ones I've ever slept in.
I can recommend this hotel to guests who are in Singapore for business or only staying there to get a good night's sleep before for their onward flight.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hannu H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,079)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2013

We stayed in The Mandarin Oriental Singapore on a recent holiday. We were very lucky as we had booked a delux room but feel sure that we must have been upgraded as it was more like a suite!
We were located on the 18th floor and were lucky to have a balcony where we were able to watch the New Years Eve show and fire work display from (fantastic).
The hotel is in a great location and the breakfast buffet is exceptional. The staff were all very friendly and professional.
One tip - if you are eating or drinking around the swimming pool then order it from your sunbed. It was cheaper than going to the pool restaurant!

Room Tip: Try and get one with a balcony - great views
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Stayed at the Mandarin for a week, was given an upgrade to a room with a view.... and WHAT a view. It was like looking at a changing professional photograph every time we looked out, whether day or night it was an awesome view. The staff were super friendly and couldn't do enough for you. The buffet breakfast had everything ... we tried things we had never even heard of:) and no matter which waitperson was there they knew who you were and sometimes remembered what you had said you were doing the morning before! The clean pool and cabanas provided a very serene atmosphere and having loungers in the pool was a very neat way to keep cool. The location could not have been better, right next to the Millenium bridge and all that the Marina Bay offered, the underground and a great little food market on the Esplanade. Next time in Singapore... I know where I will stay again:)

Room Tip: Get a room on facing the water.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 23 January 2013

prime location , close to all shop till you drop retails and deparment stores, a great range of restaurants / cafes nearby. Several restaurants within the hotel as well, range from Chinese to western, just take your pick.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Good hotel but very noisy. The hotel rooms are entered via the atrium and the lobby has music till midnight. The music is loud and you can hear it in your room. Overall I would recommend the hotel and I would use it again.

Room Tip: My suggestion is try and get a room on the 12th floor or higher. Also try and get a room facing the...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I am a frequent traveller. Travelling is my hobby. This time I decide to visit singapore for family reunion. I book mandarin oriental for my stay as I am a big fan of mandarin oriental geneva.
I am very proud to say that my decision was a really good one. It is really memorable experience with m.o. The location of the hotel is in heart of a city. Rooms are well maintained and plenty of amenities provided in a room. The extra advantage is a view. Hotel is really blessed with a nice city view.
My room came with breakfast. Melt buffet is really enormous with variety of food provided on a buffet. Quality of a food is really good. Let me share one more thing, the best seat available in a restaurant is outdoor. Melt have lovely garden sitting available. Staff working all over the restaurant is very helpful and always happy to assist. They are a step ahead of your thinking. Before u ask them to refill coffee they are always ready with new cup of coffee. I just want to say thanx to one of their staff member, if I am not wrong his name is AMEY. The guy is really helpful to us a lot. Really made our breakfast comfortable by his down to earth attitude. He gave us all possible attention all over our stay in a hotel. He know our preference of sitting including our personal preference.
So incase if u visit this hotel don't forget to visit melt. Melt is a heart of mandarin oriental singapore. So when u check in try to ask for breakfast plans with your room.
I think there are so many other things to mention about this hotel u will for sure fall in love with mandarin oriental singapore. Just visit and see the difference.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 22 January 2013

We were transiting through Singapore to Koh Samui and stayed at the Mandarin Oriental Singapore for three nights.

We were greeted by the most friendly staff at drop off and this continued all the way to the Front Desk where we were greeted by a young lady who began our check in. As we are a family of 6 we had 2 rooms and although not together they were on the same floor. With my children's ages this was no issue.

Daniel at the front office was very professional,thorough and informative. A great first impression!!

We were escorted to our rooms by to young ladies (2 Rooms) who gave us a quick tour checked if we needed anything else and left us to our own devices. A great touch. The rooms (City Suite) are furnished at what I would call the top end, all of very high quality and tastefully decorated.

The restaurants at this hotel are many with Melt being our pick, and the International Buffet night being an absolute must!! The staff were fantastic each morning and paid particular attention to you if you were staying more than one night. A special mention to both Wai Meng, and Jumel who were fantastic. Wai Meng took the time to chat with us, give us shopping advice and always used our names. Very impressed.

We were looking at Marina Bay Sands as another alternative but I am very glad we chose this option. I can honestly say that I could not fault this hotel. From start to finish we were impressed. This will be my Hotel in Singapore when next we visit!!!

Room Tip: City Suites are huge!!! including a generous sitting room....
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family