Overall the hotel location, service, food & facilities are great! The hotel is situated within 10 min walk of Marina bay Sands & its fantastic shopping mall. It’s also close to several MRT stations. At night you can stroll around the area, there are lots of bars & restaurants within walking distance. One Fullerton is only 10 min walk.
We stayed at the Mandarin Oriental for a total of 6 nights during Christmas & after New Year’s. Our recent stay was our second/third visit to the hotel staying in a Club Harbor view room on the Club floor.
The service and food, especially in the club lounge is always great, the staff is very attentive. Along with the Italian and Chinese restaurants at the hotel that you would struggle in Singapore to find better restaurants for each cuisine (see my separate reviews on the restaurants).
The hotel pool is amazing; it has fantastic views of the Marina bay area. Service by the pool attendants was 5 stars, they were always there to help find a lounger/cabana, and constantly topped up glasses of ice water that was provided along with a cold towel.The gym is also well-equipped and it’s located behind the pool area.
The rooms are well maintained, extremely comfortable and come with fabulous views. So, if you can afford it, book a Club Room…It’s worth it!
Having a club room entitles you to enjoy the facilities in the Oriental Club Lounge and complementary internet throughout the property. The breakfast at the Club lounge has a great selection of a la carte items, fruits, cereals, cheeses, juices, bread, hot food & of course Champagne! Anything you want including eggs benedict, pancakes, omelets are all freshly prepared and beautifully presented.
Throughout the day the club lounge offers a variety of snacks & drinks which you can enjoy at any time. Afternoon tea is also delightful, there are scones, jams, pastries & small sandwiches on offer. And the best part…the cocktail hour from 5-7pm. The cocktail list is very extensive; there are wines, spirits & Champagne on offer. Every night has a theme (Japanese, Indian, Spanish, etc…); the chef serves small dishes to showcase the best of each cuisine. On Christmas day eve the Club Lounge presented a fantastic Christmas mini buffet, which was very tasty and beautifully presented.
This hotel is fantastic; I like everything about hence why we have stayed 3 times. We have traveled all over the world and stayed t many 5* hotels and this is definitely one of our favorites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore is one of the world's foremost luxury hotels. It is the only hotel in the city that has been awarded Five Star status for both accommodation and spa in the prestigious Forbes Travel Guide for five consecutive years (2012 to 2016). This award-winning property has a prime location, close to the financial hub with easy access to luxury boutiques and entertainment venues, and minutes away from Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre. The hotel features an impressive atrium lobby with 527 rooms and suites. There is a premium Oriental Club Lounge, an indulgent and intimate spa, extensive meeting and banqueting facilities, five renowned restaurants and two lounges overlooking the spectacular Marina Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com and Travelbag so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Mandarin Singapore
- Oriental Hotel Singapore
- Oriental Singapore
- Singapore Mandarin Oriental