Of course the Mandarin Oriental is a good hotel. The issue is whether the price tag (even at a corporate rate of $300) is worth the money. In this case, it is.
Rooms: Ample, great ambience, big flat screen, good sound system, docking station connected to the TV audio, very nice desk, multiple plug convertors, nice design. And then there is the bed which was so comfortable (rarely so) that it was fit to ask the hotel what brand was it for future reference. Pillows were also first class. The toilette was large, marble, well appointed, with all you may need.
Facilities: The Pool on Level 5 is a must. It has a superb view of the Singapore skyline and it is large with ample beach chairs, and a restaurant and a bar attached to it. It is a must whether on business or leisure.
Internet: It was complimentary on the corporate rate. Great speed, throughout the property.
Lobby: It is very nice, and there are many bars, all of them perfect for relaxation and entertainment. Classy.
Location: You are right next (literally) to the Marina Square Mall, and 10 minutes walk to Marine Bay Sands Mall and the Riverside. Truly, the location can't be any better for business, and it is superb also for leisure (if you are smart enough to avoid Orchard Rd).
The Mandarin Oriental is on par with the Ritz Carlton and way superior to the Fullerton Hotel. If you want to spend money in luxury accommodation in Singapore, this is the right choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore is one of the world's foremost luxury hotels. It is the only hotel in the city that has been awarded Five Star status for both accommodation and spa in the prestigious Forbes Travel Guide for six consecutive years (2012 to 2017). This award-winning property has a prime location, close to the financial hub with easy access to luxury boutiques and entertainment venues, and minutes away from Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre. The hotel features an impressive atrium lobby with 527 rooms and suites. There is a premium Oriental Club Lounge, an indulgent and intimate spa, extensive meeting and banqueting facilities, five renowned restaurants and two lounges overlooking the spectacular Marina Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Mandarin Oriental, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Mandarin Singapore
- Oriental Hotel Singapore
- Oriental Singapore
- Singapore Mandarin Oriental