My wife and I spent 4 nights in a Harbour View Suite with club access in March 2013 for my Mum's 60th birthday (my parents and sister/brother-in-law were in two other suites). The suite itself was fantastic - very spacious, everything in order, and a fantastic view of the harbour and the Marina Bay Sands from our 21st floor vantage point.
The pool is brilliant and again has a great view - drink orders by the poolside are dealt with promptly and efficiently by astute staff. The cabanas are great if you can snag one! The Italian restaurant next to the pool is pricey but well worth it - it was definitely the highlight meal of our stay in Singapore. Having a pasta or pizza and glass of wine for lunch by the poolside was great.
We had access to the club lounge where we breakfasted each morning. Whilst we didn't go to the Melt cafe, my sister reported that unsurprisingly the club lounge was far quieter and without the chaos of Melt. In the lounge staff were attentive and breakfasts were cooked to order. Throughout the day there was also an excellent range of nibbles/finger food, along with good quality red and white wines as well as champagne. The quality of the wine actually surprised me given that these are often hard to find in Asian cities (from memory one of the regular whites was the excellent Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc). They also did cocktails made to order in the evenings.
The location is excellent - you can easily stroll around the marina; the Marina Bay Sands shopping centre is a 5 minute taxi drive away; and other shopping centres are walkable within 5-10 minutes.
All up the stay was fantastic, and we have already booked a suite for a stay later this year in August. With a 7 month old baby that might be a different experience, but we're confident that the Mandarin can deliver!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore is one of the world's foremost luxury hotels. It is the only hotel in the city that has been awarded Five Star status for both accommodation and spa in the prestigious Forbes Travel Guide for six consecutive years (2012 to 2017). This award-winning property has a prime location, close to the financial hub with easy access to luxury boutiques and entertainment venues, and minutes away from Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre. The hotel features an impressive atrium lobby with 527 rooms and suites. There is a premium Oriental Club Lounge, an indulgent and intimate spa, extensive meeting and banqueting facilities, five renowned restaurants and two lounges overlooking the spectacular Marina Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Mandarin Oriental, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Mandarin Singapore
- Oriental Hotel Singapore
- Oriental Singapore
- Singapore Mandarin Oriental