We stayed in a club level room which was very nice. However, as we have already been in Singapore for some days, we arrived in shorts and polo shirts.no business dress but still quite we'll dresses - but in shorts. When you stay at club level, checkin is done in the club lounge. However, shorts are not allowed there. It took us a few minutes to find this out and we're asked, if we would like to change our clothes.... Of course we did not want to change to please the staff of the hotel only... And it was in the afternoon, hardly any guests in the lounge. Speaking to the front desk manager was useless, he only said 100 times sorry but insisted that we should change our shorts. It ended up that we did the checkin in the room. No welcome drinks, nothing. We were so angry, that we wrote the same night an email to the manager and the next day, we have received an excuse with a nice bottle of wine. All the hassle could have been avoided by simply bringing us to our room without bringing the lounge checking on the table and get us two welcome drinks - they are complimentary anyway on club floor.
The rest of our stay was great. The club lounge offers a decent breakfast, nice afternoon tea and great cocktails I'm the evening. Complimentary for guests on the club floor. Staff in General is very friendly. We in addition have received a room upgrade thanks to the Amex platinum card and enjoyed a nice view. The pool area is also very nice, stylish and cool. Also the gym is good equipped. All in all a very good hotel and if the checkin would have been more professional, I would have rated excellent instead of very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore is one of the world's foremost luxury hotels. It is the only hotel in the city that has been awarded Five Star status for both accommodation and spa in the prestigious Forbes Travel Guide for six consecutive years (2012 to 2017). This award-winning property has a prime location, close to the financial hub with easy access to luxury boutiques and entertainment venues, and minutes away from Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre. The hotel features an impressive atrium lobby with 527 rooms and suites. There is a premium Oriental Club Lounge, an indulgent and intimate spa, extensive meeting and banqueting facilities, five renowned restaurants and two lounges overlooking the spectacular Marina Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Mandarin Singapore
- Oriental Hotel Singapore
- Oriental Singapore
- Singapore Mandarin Oriental