“Exceptional everything”

Ranked #15 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Naples, Florida
“Exceptional everything”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Following back-to-back disappointments with Shangri-la in Lhasa, Tibet--new...not yet ready for prime time--, and Chengdu, China...ailing infrastructure, I.e.AC, we were thrilled with every aspect of our stay here. The staff, from dining to housekeeping, is truly exceptional.

Room Tip: A room with view of Marina Sands is worth considering.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,079)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Italy
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I was recommended by a friend to stay in this hotel since he had a good experience also. I arrived from my trip from Russia 1230 noon and was tired . Staff was courteous and offered to bring my bags to the room. I rested the whole afternoon after indulging myself with an assortment of twg tea that was available for free in the room . i went swimming Around 5pm. The pool area was fantastic. Relaxing and ambiance very good. I was deciding where to have dinner. I was told that a hawker market was across the street but i wanted to relax so I decided to eat at the buffet restaurant.
I wanted to order ala carte but seeing a wide array of fresh seafood made me decide to go for the buffet. I enjoyed the cheese selection a lot and my first time to try Filipino food. I was greeted by the guest chef and she was a charming young lady who explained to me the history of each dish from the Philippines. She spoke English very well which made me very impressed. The dining staff gave me water the moment I sat down and did not wait for me to call them . Special mention to a guy in suit named Alex. They seemed to know the needs of each guests .

The next day , I had room service for breakfast and it was delicious. The fruits were very fresh .

Suntec city where the convention i was attending was being held was just a walking distance .

I think I made a right choice . Everything here is expensive but worth every cent.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Xandergree
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is a really great hotel for business or holiday travel. Close to everything, five star service and wide variety of restaurants to eat from. The breakfast buffet is by far one of the most extensive offerings I have seen in a while and great quality food. Rooms are beautiful and if you lucky to get a great view of the Marina Bay even better at night as just behind it are the colourful lit up gardens. Wonderful pool setting also overlooking the Bay area and great place for a sundowner. If you looking for great quality and value, its a place to check out.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the Bay area.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 24 June 2014

All the amenities you would expect from an upper-end business hotel, and with perhaps a touch more warmth in the service than you would expect.

Staff are very helpful throughout the hotel, and even a very late night meal ordered via room service was delivered perfectly done and with genuine concern from the guy who sent it up to my room that everything was "just right".

The beds are very comfy, and the huge pillows are great!

If you have important meetings in Singapore, and need a truly excellent night's sleep and a hotel that makes you feel at home quickly, then I would recommend it. Their large and varied buffet spreads also merit attention...hit the gym to work it all off!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I spent our 50th wedding anniversary here. We had booked a city view club room and were upgraded to a harbour view room. The staff were brilliant and made our stay extra special. We had a fabulous time from the time we entered the hotel till the time we left. A special place.

Room Tip: If you want something special, book a club room, well worth it
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank patricia283
Rankweil, Austria
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We have organized an international business meeting in the Mandarin Oriental Singapore. The staff has been very helpful and everything was prepared as planned.
Apart from that, I have never before experienced such a great service in a hotel, all employees are very friendly and make sure that you have a perfect experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Staff - outstanding.
Room - outstanding
View - awesome
Food - delicious
Pool - outdoor with great view across the city

I was fortunate enough to stay here on a short stay in Singapore. Where to begin? The staff. They're well presented and articulate. The check in process was pleasant and seamless. I was escorted to my room by one of the check in staff who introduced me to the features of the room and showed me how to use the automated things. My luggage was brought up to the room a few minutes later. The room and bathroom was immaculate and a good size too.

The hotel is very close to one of Singapore's myriad of shopping centers, if shopping is your thing. It's also within a very short taxi ride to the financial district, if you're there on financial services business.

I had a couple of breakfast meetings in the restaurant, which served the usual range of buffet and menu breakfast options. Service is very good, as is the food.

This is one of the few hotels I've stayed at whilst on business that I'd go back to and pay for with my own money.

Room Tip: I had a room with views across to the city - highly recommended (and if you're lucky enough to b...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business