Booked this staycation simply because I want to view the National Day Parade Preview. The suite given to us were just behind the spectator stand, giving us full view of the big screen showcasting the parade, as well as the parachutes performance, fireworks display etc. We thoroughly enjoyed the whole show, just as if we were there in front of the stage, but with full comforts of the hotel facilities.
Check-in was a little slow, as rooms were not ready even after 3pm, which is the official check-in time. However, they upgraded my room, which was a pleasant surprise. Only hiccup is that they forgot that my original room included a free rollover bed, and didn't send one to our suite until I asked for it. Housekeeping take a little while to send in though.
Room wise, the suite is big. Bed was too soft for my liking, and I felt like sinking into the bed. Bedlinen smelt of cigarettes. Bathroom amenities were great, with aromatic scented toiletries plus bath salt.
Service at the swimming pool was beyond expectations. Service staff led us to an empty canopy, brought towels for all of us, and served iced water - all at no charge.
Breakfast at the Melt Café was delicious with lots of variety.
Check-out was somewhat slow, as the concierge took quite a while to collect our luggage. I supposed it's because a lot of guests were checking out at the same time. The icing was a waiver of all but one of the extra breakfasts we had (we had guests joining us for breakfast).
Overall, a very pleasant and beyond expectations stay. If NDP is held again at Marina, I would definitely book Mandarin Oriental again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore is one of the world's foremost luxury hotels. It is the only hotel in the city that has been awarded Five Star status for both accommodation and spa in the prestigious Forbes Travel Guide for six consecutive years (2012 to 2017). This award-winning property has a prime location, close to the financial hub with easy access to luxury boutiques and entertainment venues, and minutes away from Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre. The hotel features an impressive atrium lobby with 527 rooms and suites. There is a premium Oriental Club Lounge, an indulgent and intimate spa, extensive meeting and banqueting facilities, five renowned restaurants and two lounges overlooking the spectacular Marina Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Mandarin Singapore
- Oriental Hotel Singapore
- Oriental Singapore
- Singapore Mandarin Oriental