“Great view,lovely staff,average rooms...”

Mandarin Oriental, Singapore
Ranked #14 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed for 3 nights with my daughter.Took a club floor room which had a great view on the Marina.
Room in its self is nothing special.A standard five star hotel room.Amneties are average.
The plus point for me is the staff.From the doorman to the club lounge they were all smiling,friendly and helpful.
We ate at the Chinese restaurant which was excellent.
Also enjoyed a burger at the bar.The burger was delicious.The only negatives were the tall guy with a ponytail .I guess he is the manager.No hello or goodbye.Just an un professionnal attitude.
Will be back because I love the view........

Room Tip: Take a room with a bay or ocean view...
1  Thank angelo65Geneva

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed in the deluxe room over the weekend last month. The first time I stayed here was back in 1998 when it was then known as The Oriental. The room and bathroom are extremely spacious but decor remained the same since 16 years ago. While well-maintained and clean, the room looks rather dull and plain. We have some issues with the in-room safe deposit box but this was attended to promptly by the staff. Check-in and check out took some time. For those travelling by car from Malaysia, do note that if you want to use the hotel's car park, you would need to use their valet. Otherwise, you would have to park your car in Marina Square and then carry your luggage up a flight of stairs which ends at the front of the hotel! Unlikely to stay here again as there is nothing much in the vicinity of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here many times in the past, but was here recently for a one night stay with my wife and daughter. The room was large and newly renovated. The bed was awesome too.

However, the thing that really struck me on this visit was the attentiveness, quality and friendliness of the staff. They really looked after us like royalty. For me, being lucky enough to stay in many hotels of this type, that is the differentiator. And the breakfast buffet in Melt has to be seen to be believed. I will definitely be back.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 8 August 2014

A lot of new etablishments have opened recently but to me the Mandarin Oriental remains the best. First the building architecture is amazing. Service is always good. The rooms are very large, and always that Mandarin Oriental black touch which I love. My favorite cocktail ever is served in the Morton's bar...you need to try the chocolate martinis there absolutely fabulous.

Room Tip: Take a room with harbour view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Having been to Singapore many times, this was my first stay at MOH. It did not disappoint. The hotel staff is typical Singapore friendly and professional. The Lounge Staff on 19th floor was most impressive and very attendant to all requests. The breakfasts in the lounge were superb and the day long treats and afternoon tea were as expected.

The location cannot be beat with the access to Marina Bay and the waterfront views are the best. It is of course much newer and polished than Raffles and in a different area (newer) than Four Seasons on Orchard Rd. Overall a great stay and would not hesitate to stay here again.

The extra charge for the Club Floor is well worth it.

Room Tip: Marina View and Club Level
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This trip around I found the bedroom to be very simple and bland and lacking in any color or style. Bathroom had been stripped to the bare minimum with little toilets tries provided. Seems like all extras are gone. Felt it lacked any warmth to what I was used to. Seems cost savings are being made.. Air condition was also pretty in effective in the room.
Pool area as always of is a great standard and no complaints.

Room Tip: High floors facing the water.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Astrojoy
MOSingapore, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Mandarin Oriental Guest

Thank you for your recent visit and taking time to share your valuable feedback with us.

It is delightful to know that you enjoyed the pool facilities. We have duly noted your feedback regarding the room amenities, and would like to reassure you that we will strive to meet all guests’ expectations. Kindly accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and disappointment caused.

We certainly look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Yours sincerely

Jess Lam
Hotel Manager
Mandarin Oriental, Singapore

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Booked this staycation simply because I want to view the National Day Parade Preview. The suite given to us were just behind the spectator stand, giving us full view of the big screen showcasting the parade, as well as the parachutes performance, fireworks display etc. We thoroughly enjoyed the whole show, just as if we were there in front of the stage, but with full comforts of the hotel facilities.
Check-in was a little slow, as rooms were not ready even after 3pm, which is the official check-in time. However, they upgraded my room, which was a pleasant surprise. Only hiccup is that they forgot that my original room included a free rollover bed, and didn't send one to our suite until I asked for it. Housekeeping take a little while to send in though.
Room wise, the suite is big. Bed was too soft for my liking, and I felt like sinking into the bed. Bedlinen smelt of cigarettes. Bathroom amenities were great, with aromatic scented toiletries plus bath salt.
Service at the swimming pool was beyond expectations. Service staff led us to an empty canopy, brought towels for all of us, and served iced water - all at no charge.
Breakfast at the Melt Café was delicious with lots of variety.
Check-out was somewhat slow, as the concierge took quite a while to collect our luggage. I supposed it's because a lot of guests were checking out at the same time. The icing was a waiver of all but one of the extra breakfasts we had (we had guests joining us for breakfast).
Overall, a very pleasant and beyond expectations stay. If NDP is held again at Marina, I would definitely book Mandarin Oriental again!