“Pure class”

Ranked #14 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Great location and a classic MO hotel, with everything you expect from the Mandarin group. We were on the club floor and cannot speak highly enough of the wonderful staff. The Marina Bay view was breathtaking and the hotel was clean and, as I say, classy

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Johnsnelgrove
Write a ReviewReviews (5,777)

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Located in a perfect place, by the Marina, fantastic shopping close by and the Mandarin staff are the jewel in the crown - they all remembered my name and made me fee at home.

Excellent front of house - checking was swift and easy - escorted to my room on the 21st floor overlooking the Marina, my host showed me around my room which was well decorated, and explained the amenities - first class treatment.

Melt buffet Restaurant was a delight and the range of menu options was outstanding - again the staff were extremely helpful and unobtrusive.

The only place to stay in Singapore in my humble opinion.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Marina side have a great view and very quiet
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Mandarin Orinetal Singapore is located in the Marina bay area and all marina interesting points are at short walking distance. Being a 5 star hotels the services is at adequate level and rooms are spacious. The breakfast in the main room has dozens of options that will welcome guess from all regions, although crowded but you can opt from the club room breakfast that is suitable enough. However comparing with other MO in other locations (such as in HK or Tokyo) you have to somehow downgrade the MO Singapore. All in all is a good option if you are travellingto to singapore but not really a 5 star as MO in other locations.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with Marina view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rui M
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The Mandarin Oriental, Singapore is conveniently located in the Bay area close to the business district and several nice restaurants.

The hotel has very nice rooms (harbor view is recommended), good fitness facilities (placed in a room with daylight), stable wifi, a fantastic breakfast buffet, a nice pool area and several good restaurants.

I have stayed at the hotel several times - and I am more than likely to return.

Room Tip: Ask for harbor view.
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I decided to stay at this hotel for the second time in about a year because I had such a great experience the first time. Not so much this time. The room was worn and not as clean as it should have been. The service was poor. It took forty minutes and three phone calls to have ice delivered, on two separate days. I never received a wake up call that I asked for and when I mentioned that at the front desk, I was met with a blank look; no apology or anything close to the customer service that I am used to at Mandarin Orientals. I wouldn't recommend this hotel again.

2  Thank Ladybug71
MOSingapore, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Mandarin Oriental Guest

Thank you for your recent visit and sharing your valuable feedback with us.

I truly regret to note your less than satisfactory stay with us. My sincere apologies for the shortcomings which you had encountered in reference to our overall services. It is most unfortunate that we fell short on this occasion. Kindly rest assured that we appreciate your feedback and will make every effort to improve our service level.

Once again, thank you for your time and constructive feedback. I greatly appreciate your kind support towards the hotel and hope that we may one day welcome you back to the hotel for a more enjoyable visit that will meet your expectations.

Yours sincerely

Jess Lam
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a harbour view room over the national day weekend. The full length window really provided an excellent view of Singapore's skyline.
Loved the soft bed and fluffy pillows.
However, upon check out, there was an error in the payment (double billing!) that would not have been discovered if my partner had not checked his bill.
One would expect more meticulous service from a hotel of this standard.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
MOSingapore, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Mandarin Oriental Guest

Thank you for your recent visit and sharing your valuable feedback with us.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay. Your comments regarding the check-out billing have been duly noted, and this issue has been addressed with the team. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Yours sincerely

Jess Lam
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Our family had 5 days at Mandarin Oriental Singapore before returning to Sweden - and we did have an excellent stay!

After our check-in we had a late lunch/early dinner at the MELT and we were so well taken care of the staff in the restaurant and also got some additional perks! This set the standard to the rest of our stay and we were not dissapointed!

Thank you Mandarin Oriental team for and excellent stay and for taking care of our family!

We hope to see you soon again!

Fredrik, Emma, Hanna and Stefan