I enjoyed my stay at this property and was treated to a modernly decorated and newer room with a view of the marina and its sights. The service from check-in to in-room dining and housekeeping was first-rate.
This is a hotel that deserves top-billing and it's star-status. That said, I would draw some comparisons to better clarify my experience and views for fellow travelers. Having just recently also stayed at the Shangri-La, I would say that this property ranks lower.
While it's not quite fair to compare apples-to-oranges in terms of properties having different goals perhaps and dynamics (location, amenities, etc.). I do need to point out that while the in-room dining was well done at the Mandarin, at the Shangri-La, it was simply outstanding. I didn't try the Mandarin restaurants, but the Shangri-La had more choices and what I did try was also excellent.
As well, I prefer the orchard grove location of the Shangri-La better than the Mandarin's. This is personal preference and depends on what you are after, but the still in-the-city but yet nestled nicely in a beautiful quieter neighborhood was much appreciated. It's also more of a "resort" in terms of overall design & amenities vs. the Mandarin being more of a hotel.
Still, the Mandarin is a property that deserves it's stars & status as a top-shelf hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore is one of the world's foremost luxury hotels. It is the only hotel in the city that has been awarded Five Star status for both accommodation and spa in the prestigious Forbes Travel Guide for six consecutive years (2012 to 2017). This award-winning property has a prime location, close to the financial hub with easy access to luxury boutiques and entertainment venues, and minutes away from Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre. The hotel features an impressive atrium lobby with 527 rooms and suites. There is a premium Oriental Club Lounge, an indulgent and intimate spa, extensive meeting and banqueting facilities, five renowned restaurants and two lounges overlooking the spectacular Marina Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Mandarin Singapore
- Oriental Hotel Singapore
- Oriental Singapore
- Singapore Mandarin Oriental