I stayed at MO six nights from the 21st April 2009 for an anniversary holiday with my husband.
Before the trip I did lots of research and considered also the Raffles, the Ritz-Carlton and the Shangri, but decided on the MO. And that was the best decision, we were most happy with the hotel!
We took a limo taxi from the airport (about 18 euros) and were checked-in in our upgraded City suite (with Club services). We had a bottle of red wine, green tea, fresh fruit and bottled water (both replenished every day) and beautiful fresh flowers in the room. The suite had a large living room, a suitably sized bedroom, a dressing area, a guest wash room, a marble bathroom with a separate shower (and lovely Elemis toiletries, a big plus!). We had two large tv's and two entrances as well. There's lovely art all over the hotel, also in the rooms. The windows are from floor to ceiling.
The club services included: a champagne breakfast, an afternoon tea, evening coctails with lots of things to eat (both warm and cold, a theme every night (loved the Indian especially), well chosen French cheeses, and Moet, of course). Soft drinks all day, pressing of two items per day, late check-out until 8 PM, newspaper delivered every morning etc .etc.. The service in the hotel is exceptional all over, but especially at the Club. You can naturally use a PC, fax etc.; read magazines and books in the Club.
We liked the pool area, there were always vacant sun loungers and umbrellas. The nice young men were most helpful, they bring you fresh bottled water, fruit and sherbet and even clean your sunnies, if you wish! The pool is open from early morning to late evening. There's a really nice view to the city, the Merlion etc. from the pool area. You can also see the Singapore "eye" on the other side near the Ritz-C. As the sea is next to the hotel there's sometimes a welcome light breeze from the sea. There's a kiddie pool, but unfortunately some parents bring their small kids who can't swim (and who make lots of noise) in the adult pool. Scary! Fortunately this was not daily and normally the pool area was an oasis of calm.
Altough you can stuff yourself with the delicasies at the Club, the restaurants are well worth visiting as well. My favourite was the Dolce Vita (I'd come back to Singapore for the truffle risotto only) , the Cherry Garden was excellent and the more casual MELT was nice as well. All restaurants had good food and excellent service. The Cherry Garden is very nicely decorated.
The housekeeping at the hotel is exceptional. The room and the public areas are spotless. Nothing was ever missing in the room like in some other top hotels we have stayed in, on the contrary the amenities were ambly replenished every day. I sent my "travel trousers" for laudry and they had also resewn a hanging button! The laundry and pressing were always returned in excellent condition and much earlier than expected.
The location of the hotel is brilliant, you can walk to lots of places once you get used to the heat and the humidity which took us polar bears a day or two . The colonial area, the Esplanade, the Merlion, the Raffles etc. are only a short walk away. Singapore is much more greener than expected, my husband saw a big parrot next to the hotel! Taxis are really cheap, don't hesitate to save your feet in the heat. The lowest fare was less than two euros from the hotel to the City Hall MRT (underground) station.
There's so much to see in Singapore, our only regret was that we only stayed six days. We'll certainly return to Singapore and the Mandarin Oriental!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore is one of the world's foremost luxury hotels. It is the only hotel in the city that has been awarded Five Star status for both accommodation and spa in the prestigious Forbes Travel Guide for six consecutive years (2012 to 2017). This award-winning property has a prime location, close to the financial hub with easy access to luxury boutiques and entertainment venues, and minutes away from Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre. The hotel features an impressive atrium lobby with 527 rooms and suites. There is a premium Oriental Club Lounge, an indulgent and intimate spa, extensive meeting and banqueting facilities, five renowned restaurants and two lounges overlooking the spectacular Marina Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Mandarin Oriental, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Mandarin Singapore
- Oriental Hotel Singapore
- Oriental Singapore
- Singapore Mandarin Oriental