“Overpriced - deluxe rooms are 2-3 stars at best.”

Goodwood Park Hotel
Ranked #32 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 8 May 2011

While the location of the hotel is good the rooms leave much to be improved. The deluxe rooms are small and sub-standard besides the fact that rooms in Singapore tend to be overpriced anyway for what you get. For US$ 200 you will get an excellent executive room in Bangkok but in Singapore it only gets you a sub-standard deluxe which needs some urgent refurbishment. The carpet in my first room had just been cleaned and instead zof airing it sufficiently they put me in and after one night I needed to change since the smell of chemicals was unbearable. Instead of upgrade me ( a decent hotel would have done so for the inconvenience caused) I was moved to a smoking room where I had another type of very annoying smell. All other rooms were booked. Overall the place is very disappointing and the hotel does absolutely not live up to my expectations. Bad service and management, overpriced and sub- standard.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Barnskybeat
GWPHGM, General Manager at Goodwood Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2011

Dear barnskybeat Guest,

Thank you for selecting the Goodwood Park Hotel as your preferred choice of accommodation.

Please allow me to thank you for your valued feedback.

Your impressions are vital in assisting us to provide the levels of service that we have committed to our guests and we appreciate the time that you have taken in providing us with your comments. We are currently reviewing on the possibility of a refurbishment of the hotel and we are in the midst of changing the carpets in our rooms. I do apologize for the inconvenience caused during you stay and have since addressed your issues mentioned with the relevant Heads of Department.

As a General Manger of the Hotel, I take full ownership of this situation and do sincerely apologize for the lack of product delivery.

We hope that this does not jeopardize our good relationship, and hence request that you give us another opportunity to regain your trust.

Linda Wee

There are newer reviews for Goodwood Park Hotel

Reviewed 6 May 2011

I was looking for a change from bland, generic, predictable 5* hotels and Goodwood was a fantastic choice. Situated conveniently just 5 mins from Orchard Rd, the location was ideal. Rooms are huge, very spacious and immaculately clean. There are two pools to choose from, and room service was reasonably priced, very promptly delivered, well presented and tasty.
The ambience in the foyer is lovely, with plenty of seating and a piano player.

If you are looking for a stylish, classy hotel with a bit of character, then stat here! Highly recommend!

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 1 May 2011

I loved the Goodwood Park Hotel, Singapore. The staff were friendly and very amicable, could not do enough for us. The hotel is very clean, in a great location and there was nothing I could fault. The High Tea was thoroughly enjoyable.

Reviewed 1 May 2011

First, I'd like to say that the staff and service at this hotel were top-notch and exactly what you'd expect when staying in a 5 star hotel. However, everything else was lacking. When I arrived, my room wasn't ready which was fine because I arrived before check-in due to my flight. I left my luggage there and went to Orchard Road. When I returned after check-in time, I was escorted to my room but the smell was overwhelming. Even the bellman who escorted me to the room told me that I should call and request a different room.
After 10 minutes, they found another room for me but it was without the bacony I had specifically called ahead to request. I was happy because this room didn't smell.
That night, I ordered room service and stayed in to watch the Royal Wedding. When they brought my meal, it was completely overcooked and inedible. I called and had them make Fish and Chips for me instead. They did, and these were just okay.
I had a horrible night's sleep because the bed was incredibly uncomfortable. It was a king size bed, but just two twin beds pushed together. The middle was really hard and uncomfortable where the two beds met.
The shower is really tiny with a shower curtain that flowed in against my body pushing me up against the wall.
I tried to eat there again the next day and had lunch with a visiting friend at the pool side restaurant. The pizza was doughy, hard to eat, and kept falling apart and his nachos were disgusting.
Overall, the service was excellent but there is not much for them to work with. The rooms and food are more than disappointing. Not worth the money and doesn't deserve the 5 star rating.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
MohanKJ, Front Office Manager at Goodwood Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2011

Dear SIStraveler Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Goodwood Park Hotel during your recent visit here to Singapore and we are grateful for the time that you have taken to provide us with your comments. We are pleased that our team members were able to provide you with excellent service and we will share these comments with them.
Regretfully your recent visit to the Goodwood Park Hotel has been a disappointment and we would like to express our apologies for the issues that you encountered. We value your views and perceptions and it is through such observations that we are able to objectively review our products and services.
With matters pertaining to our rooms, we have recently commenced on a refurbishment program to update our products and facilities. Your feedback pertaining to the quality of food has been discussed and reviewed, as to ensure that the standards established are maintained.

We look forward in having the opportunity to welcoming you back to the Goodwood Park Hotel, on your future visits to Singapore.

Mohan Kumar Joseph(Mr)
Director of Rooms

Reviewed 21 April 2011

A place with no hope. Rated as a 5 stars it barely reaches the 3. The appearance would be fancy but the moment you arrive in the hall you'll feel like you're in a noisy railway station with no class or charme.
De luxe rooms have a very tiny bathroom and if you ask for a room with a wooden floor you'll enjoy of the parking backyard view then.
Rooms need absolutely to be renovated since the carpet smells of smoke, wine (??) and other mysterious odors.
The worse aspect, anyway, is the terrible noise from the street or the pools, so definitely there aren't really quite rooms.
The staff would like to help you to find the best possible accommodation for you, but unfortunately they've to manage very poor resources.
Internet is on payment and pretty expensive and wi fi doesn't work fully though.
I believe I've had the chance to have some extra noise as a bonus given by the workers that were drilling in the backyard.
Recommended if you don't need to sleep and like to enjoy the traffic noise. (I'm obviously ironic...)

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Viaggiare
1  Thank zades11
GWPHGM, General Manager at Goodwood Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2011

Dear zades11 Guest,

Thank you for your invaluable feedback.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay here with us. We regret that we were not able to meet your expectations.

We appreciate the time that you have taken to provide us with your views and observations. It is through such comments that we are constantly able to review our facilities and services. The priority and commitment in ensuring that every guest stay is positive and memorable is our primary objective.

Your comments were discussed with the team and these are our findings. During your visit to the Goodwood Park Hotel, the Manager On Duty escorted you to view several rooms and we obliged with a Complimentary Upgrade to Our The One Bedroom Suite.
We also have a maintenance program in place to ensure that all rooms are completely checked thoroughly cleaned every quarter. Though products and facilities are relative to individual preferences, it is with disappointment that such was not to your liking.

Our broadband/wi fi services and rates are in-line with hotels in Singapore. An audit was immediately performed to determine the issues you experienced and this appears to be an isolated event and no other faults were reported during your entire stay.

We genuinely regret these issues that you have encountered and we do hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back to the Goodwood Park Hotel.

Linda Wee

Reviewed 18 April 2011

Stayed in the deluxe suite at the Goodwood Park Hotel, Scotts Rd for 2 nights for a business trip in Singapore. The hotel looked like a colonial mansion and is a sharp contrast to its surrounding buildings in modern Singapore. Right beside the hotel is the Far East Plaza where you can find food and shopping while ION Orchard is within walking distance from Goodwood Park. Although this hotel is not located along Orchard Rd, it is well located in the heard of shopping and business district.

The ambient in hotel lobby is relaxing, more suited for leisure travel than business travel. Reception was friendly and efficient. I booked the deluxe tower room but on arrival I was upgraded to the deluxe suite.

The deluxe suite was clean and comfortable. The general area of the suite were spacious though I wished for more space to maneuver my bags onto the chest. It was hampared by the ceiling-high column beside the bed and the dressing table chair. The suite was pretty quiet at night. Occassional the sound of room doors being closed can be heard though that did not detract from a good night's sleep.

An unpleasant experience I had at the hotel was the somewhat unfriendly housekeeping staff. I requested for an iron and ironing board to be delivered at 10.30 pm to my room. The staff delivered the items requested in a brusque manner as if I should have the cheek to disturb him at 10.30pm with such request. He handed over the iron and the board, expecting me to carry a heavy ironing board into the suite by myself and left without a word.

Despite that, the hotel is a great place to stay in Singapore. Great location and comfy room. And from March to July 2011, they have the durian fiesta where the hotel cafe sells durian cakes and pastries. For the durian lover, this is a must try. The durian mousse cake and durian tarts were excellent!

I rate the hotel at a 4 or 4.5 but with the unpleasant housekeeping, I downgraded the hotel to a 3.5.

Reviewed 10 April 2011

The hotel is very well located only minutes away from the airport and walking distance to the Han river. I found the food and service excellent. Almost everything about this hotel was impeccable. Front desk staffs were very prompt in providing service and advice. The room maids always had a ready smile when you meet them. Clean room and a beautiful swimming pool at the 5th floor which has an open view to the city right up to the Han river. A great choice for a short stay in Danang city.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business