1,925 results
All reviewshigh teasmaller poolorchard roadpoolside suitecoffee loungemayfair poolgordon grillmain poolmin jiangidil reubensplit levelcolonial charmhistorical hotelthe main hotelfar east plazajunior suitechinese restaurant
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

In the many occasions we visited Singapore, this is the best hotel we have been to. Too bad we didn't know sooner.

Courteous and very efficient staff, front desk, concierge, housekeeping, room service. Large rooms!!! Hotel was busy but surprisingly no marketplace like buzzing like in other hotels. 3 minute walk to Orchard. Swimming pool is OK, there were children but without the rowdy horseplay.

Definitely loved this place.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank i_travel_2_eat
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Enjoyed the Western food there...
Great steak... Yummy dessert...
Better than many places in Hong Kong
(Even though the lobster bisque was a bit light, garlic bread oily... Restaurant can be noisy with loud guests)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Advisor10012
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Stayed in the Parklane Split Level Studio. It's at another building so you got to walk from the main lobby. However there's parking lots right in front of the studio block so it's very convenient. The room is huge, with a big balcony, living room, kitchen. As the name suggest the bedroom is at a split level, something like a duplex so it's very nice. Beds are comfortable like any 5star hotel. Also, the hotel is at scotts road, very close to orchard road.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I was unable to stay at my hotel of choice, as the F1 was on and it was fully booked. However, I have always wanted to book the Goodwood Park, so I was looking forward to my visit. I did not get the room I had requested but the reception staff were helpful in changing my room to something more appropriate, although it took a little time. The room itself was a poolside suite and was very acceptable. The main issues I had were of a culinary nature or lack or it...

As a rule, I tend not to eat in hotel restaurants, as I have always taken the view (rightly or wrongly) that the catering is secondary to the main aspect of the business and better quality riposte can be found elsewhere. I didn't think I needed to book, but I tried, unsuccessfully, to have afternoon tea but was told to come back in an hour. I didn't and went to my favourite place in Singapore instead and was served immediately.

The following day, I tried to be more organised and called the Gordon Grill to reserve a table for Sunday lunch. I was told they were fully booked, but when I walked through reception later that afternoon, I noticed the restaurant was half empty.

I couldn't help but feel disappointed when I checked out and noticed my bill was more or less the same as another hotel I've reviewed in Singapore, but the service, location etc were not as good.

Room Tip: The Poolside suite I stayed in was OK, but I had requested a deluxe tower room, so it may be pot luck what you get.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Linda W, General Manager at Goodwood Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear Scottie158,

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I do regret however to hear that we had fallen short of your expectations in some areas which caused you inconvenience during your stay. Your comments have been addressed to the relevant teams in the hotel and corrective measures are in place to ensure that our standards in service delivery remain our highest priority and improve in areas which we are lacking in.

I am also sorry to hear that we did not have the privilege of welcoming you at our restaurants on two occasions despite that you tried to make a reservation at Gordon Grill and L’Espresso. The restaurants were indeed fully booked by groups of guests arriving on staggered timing during the lunch hours and high-tea hours. I sincerely hope that you will have the opportunity to dine in our restaurants on your next stay.

We do appreciate your feedback and hope that you will give us another chance to welcome you back again soon.

Best Regards,
Linda Wee
General Manager of Goodwood Park Hotel

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Nice setting close to Orchard rd and room was all right, but the place is a maze with no signposting to the rooms. So you check in and have to find your room unassisted. Just to get lost. Can someone just take the effort to have some signs on the walls with room numbers? To add to that, it is bland and misses the character one would expect when seeing the exterior. It just lacks attention to detail in the service and guest experience.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank WillSW6

Dear WillSW6,

Thank you for taking time to share with us this valuable feedback.

We are disappointed to hear that your recent visit has fallen short of your expectations. Please be assured that this is not the usual standard which Goodwood Park Hotel. We have taken note of your feedback and certainly we will be reviewing them with the hotel team and where possible, we will make improvements and upgrade our product and services to enhance our guest’s experience.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back again. Should you need assistance with reservation, please do not hesitate to contact our team at +65 6730 1811 or email to rmresv@goodwoodparkhotel.com.

Best Regards,