Goodwood Park Hotel
York Hotel(Singapore)
YOTEL Singapore(Singapore)
Ascott Orchard Singapore(Singapore)
1,779 results
All reviewshigh teapoolside suitesmaller poolorchard roadcoffee loungegordon grillmayfair poolmain poolmin jiangidil reubensplit levelhistorical hotelcolonial charmmain buildingfar east plazajunior suitechinese restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We were a family of 4 adults and 2 kids that stayed in connecting rooms for 3 nights, 2 days, check in was smooth, hotel staff was very friendly, many thanks to the concierge Mr. Rehmat for the accurate guidance to help find our way to different locations in Singapore using public transport. Good main pool - kids loved it! Also, very spacious rooms, but congested bathrooms.
Now, when we had selected this hotel to enjoy a sheer heritage experience, we did expect royalty. However, there is disappointment because in the name of heritage, the hotel has worn off furniture in the rooms, stained carpets, dirty corners, stained window panes from the exterior in the bathrooms, poor quality of bathroom amenities. This gives a rather creepy feeling than royalty! Rustic cannot mean lack of cleanliness, polishing.
Also, the room where buffet breakfast is served every morning, majorly lacks natural light and is badly lit in the interiors. Breakfast was alright, quality of breads, muffins, Danish pastries was not optimal given the dryness.
I am not too sure if having the patisserie and high tea in the hotel lobby is such a good idea...makes it too noisy.
Good thing was the central location of the hotel, the main swimming pool and the friendly staff - Mr. William, Mr.Rehmat and Mr.Gobi.

Room Tip: If you are a cleanliness buff, do take a preview of the room before selecting it as I am not sure if the cleanliness of all rooms are compromised or was it just that we got unlucky!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Siddhid
Linda W, General Manager at Goodwood Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Siddhid,

Thank you for choosing us as your preferred choice of accommodation in Singapore with your family.

Pleased to hear that your stay was generally a good experience and I will share your generous compliments with Rehmat, William and Gobi - they will be very motivated to continue delivering high level of service to our guests.

However, I do regret that the look and feel of the hotel and the room did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that we are continuously maintaining and updating our product to keep it fresh and relevant to our guests while maintaining the heritage elements that is unique to our hotel. I will be reviewing your feedback with the Executive Housekeeper and where possible and necessary, improvements will be made to enhance the experience of our guests. Your comments about the breakfast pastries will also be shared with the Director of Kitchen to ensure that we are always delivering a high standard of food quality.

With regards to your feedback about the noise in the lobby, we have taken note of this and will have our team members monitor the situation and if needed, actions will be taken to manage and control the noise level. This tends to happen when we have a large group of guests enjoying the afternoon tea with us at the L’Espresso which is very popular. We have a fine reputation in the market for our English High Tea since the 1970s when this afternoon tradition began and our Deli offers a range of delectable pastries and cakes for both in-house and city guest. I do hope that you will have the opportunity to dine with us on your next stay.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you and your family back again and if we can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our reservation team at +65 6730 1811 or email to rmresv@goodwoodparkhotel.com.

Best Regards,
Linda Wee
General Manager of Goodwood Park Hotel

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The property is absolutely beautiful and exotic.
Good location, only a short walk to Orchard Rd, however, a bit of a walk (8-10 mins) to the MRT, which can be quite exhausting in the hot weather.

The room is clean and spacious in Singapore standard with a small balcony.

The hotel staff are friendly except for the guy at the door who helped us with the luggage when we first arrived.

It was our first time to Singapore, so we didn't know tipping is expected. He was therefore very disappointed, and ignored us throughout the stay. Even when we saw him in the lobby and greeted him, he still ignored us, which did bring down the whole experience.

I thought that was quite rude behavior, although tipping is somehow expected, is not compulsory, therefore we don't expect to be treated like that, we still paid for our room!

So I have emailed the hotel to complain about this behavior, however, they didn't reply, which put me off and decided never to stay with them again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Helen_Hu05
Linda W, General Manager at Goodwood Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Helen_Hu05,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in 2010 with our convenient location to Orchard Road.

Since then our product have undergone changes, with our on-going maintenance and refurbishment exercise to keep our product updated and fresh. Just last year, all guest rooms in the Mayfair wing went through an intensive refurbishment and make-over to reveal more contemporary look and feel yet keeping the heritage elements and maintaining our colonial charm. New features and amenities were also introduced with the modern business traveller in mind.

Service wise, the management is committed to making every effort to improve on the service standard for all staff and continuous training has always been our priority.

However, I do apologize for the experience that you had encountered a few years ago as this is certainly not the level of service we aspire to .Rest assured, I have shared your comments with my front office team to take note of.

As I do understand that your email was send through our website which unfortunately we did not receive, please do feel free to email me directly through the private message that I have send to you.

Once again, it was a pleasure to have you with us and we do look forward to welcome you back soon.

With Best Regards,
Ms Linda Wee
General Manager of Goodwood Park Hotel

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

First I was not sure if I was going to give them 4 or 5 stars but then I thought about the service I received and it was a no-brainer...Goodwood Park Hotel easily earned a 5.

Everything was very clean. The hotel itself is historic, beautiful and kept in great shape which is why I booked the hotel. The lobby is spacious and well appointed with a casual restaurant/sitting area straight ahead as you enter. It is heat High Tea is served and while it took quite a long time for us to get tea, once we brought it to their attention, the new manager have us personal service and more than made up for the beginning glitch. He was great...the offerings for high tea, both the tea selection and the food were simply amazing and delicious!

There are two pools and both are kept up very nicely - one pool is more private than the other....I liked the pool you could not see from the lobby.

Several wedding occurred there which was really cool and did not interrupt a guests stay. It was fun to see the different weddings (many by the pool).

The room was spacious and clean, the decor nice but not spectacular, the room amenities were above average and the servicing of the rooms great. A complimentary tea and coffee selection in the room was great....as was the free water during this hot and humid time of year. We took tea and coffee on our spacious balcony where there were table and chairs.

The service provided by all the staff was waaaayyyy above average. Idil,Chef Concierge, was FANTASTIC and very friendly. All the staff was friendly, helpful and made you feel very welcome to be there. Absolutely way above average on the staff side (minus the high tea service glitch).

Location was great, right across from the American Club and so very close to shopping area and, my old favorite, Tangs!

Would highly recommend this majestic and historic hotel for so many reasons!!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The location is a very good one being just a two minute walk to Orchid road and the same for the Wisma Atria metro station, the rooms were very comfortable and super spacious, well set up, and the staff attentive.

The only thing that I found surprisingly average was the breakfast. Not that it was bad, but it was a small set of choices and one of the coffee machines weren't working either.

The thing to be aware of is that it can be hard to get a cab if you haven't booked one and if you need to just hail one, because the entry is a bit out of the way , you really need to wait till someone gets dropped to the hotel. I had to wait almost 10 minutes till I got a cab, luckily I'd given myself enough of a buffer to get the airport, but if you were in a rush it would not be pretty!

I'd stay there again and I'd recommend it as a good choice for a centrally located stay in Singapore.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I spent four night at the Goodwood Park Hotel when I was on business in Singapore. The hotel is situated outside the business district but very close to Orchard Road and shopping centres there. The room was larger than expected, nicely decorated and very quiet. A very positive experience. Will recommend it to friends and likely stay there again.

Stayed: May 2014