“An oasis in the city”

Goodwood Park Hotel
Ranked #38 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Old world style at this hotel. The staff were excellent, concierge department, particularly helpful. Thanks to William for making our stay extra special. Breakfast staff were attentive and friendly. Rooms were cleaned early in the day and to a high standard. The bed was quite hard, so ask for a softer bed when booking if you don't like a hard bed. The two pools at the hotel are amazing. Hard to believe you are in a hotel in the middle of a busy city, the pools were a real oasis.
Great location, easy to walk to everything, including train station.
No hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone visiting Singapore. We intend to visit here again.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a junior suite which overlooked the pool. It was lovely and also had windows that cou...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,734)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We choose Parklane split level room. It has a kitchenette, reasonable sitting area and bedroom at split level. We travelled with young kids and it was very comfortable 5 days stay. We did not use their restaurants or any other facilities. Location is great and everyone knows this hotel. The hotel is not cramped in terms of room space as well as other areas.

The only low is bed mattresses. They were of low quality and one can feel spring in them!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2014

High tea in Goodwood is an experience. Even if the place was newly renovated it has maintain it's old world charm. The samplers are yummy and it is a nice place for girlfriends to chat and bond.

The people in the front desk were very accommodating. I felt special when I was asked to take a seat in the lobby while they were preparing my bill and was surprised that the lady at the front desk came to my seat to hand my enveloped receipt. I didn't have to lift a finger! That is good service!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here for two nights last month. Nice atmosphere, staff were good overall and accommodation was reasonable. But it is a lack of attention to detail that lets this hotel down. Rooms are dated and the bathrooms really need renovating. Breakfast was spoiled by the poor attitude of the wait staff - they had to be asked for coffee etc. and responded with a sour look. We won't stay here again, there are better options for the same price and in equally good locations.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CharlesMulvey
Linda W, General Manager at Goodwood Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear CharlesMulvey,

Thank you for choosing us as your preferred choice of accommodation in Singapore.

It is good to know that the hotel atmosphere and the overall service of our staff met with your satisfaction. Please be assured that we are continuously maintaining and updating our product to keep it fresh and relevant for our guests comfort. I will be reviewing your feedback with the Executive Housekeeper and where possible necessary, improvements will be made to enhance the experience of our guests. Your feedback on the service at the Coffee Lounge is also very concerning and it had been shared with our F&B Director. Please do accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences that this have caused you.

We do hope that you could give us another opportunity to serve you better the next time when you are in Singapore.

Best Regards,
Linda Wee
General Manager of Goodwood Park Hotel

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We are travelling with a 9 month old baby so we booked a junior suite to have a separate room while he's sleeping.
We arrived early in the morning and was allowed an early check in since they had a room available. We were also allowed a late check out.
All, and I really mean everyone we met, the staff were courteous and nice.
The room was excellent (the sofa didn't smell bad :) ). The provided baby bed was super.
The concierge did an excellent job following up on our lost luggage. Calling the airport on a phone number that was really difficult to get through.They even had a stroller we could borrow while our own stroller was lost in some airport.

The dinner and breakfast was excellent. Really good selection and food.
The pool had clear blue water.
All in all a really good hotel experience that we would recommend.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I am writing this here as I am fed up with the hotel keeping silent about my complain which I have directed to them personally.
When I checked in the service given was like as if they were ex-prison wardens. Very stern, no smile, loud voice and to top that, the front office staff are all so arrogant.
The room is such in a bad state. There is a foul smell on the sofa, the bathroom and you cannot even sit on the terrace there is like a sewere smell.
The pool is dirty and green. My daughter and I cannot even try to put one foot in. The tiles are cracked everywhere and grass growing out of the drain holes (wonder when was the last cleaning made) When I went to the reception to tell them that I cannot even use the pool they said " Oh I think the pump should be working but let me check". At the rate I paid, that was the answer they gave. And don't bother, no apology, no service, no getting back to you whatsoever.
The cigarette butts on the staircase going up and down to the rooms were there since we checked in until we checked out (4 days)
I will write about this hotel to everywhere possible as it is a disgrace that such hotel which was a gem is being run by people who are useless and terrible.

Room Tip: None. The rooms are just badly maintaned and the staff cannot be bothered to assist.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mataharee
Linda W, General Manager at Goodwood Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Mata H,

Thank you for your valuable feedback relating to your recent stay at the Goodwood Park Hotel.

I can understand your feelings regarding the comments you have highlighted and it is with dismay that I learnt of your plight and would personally like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Our staff are trained to deliver the service correctly with warmth and sincerity, but on hind sight a more discreet approach could have been adopted. I have personally addressed the issues metioned with the Front Office Manager and Executive Housekeeper.

I also instructed my Executive Housekeeper to go through the areas that highlighted and would like to share with you on our findings:

•Smell on sofa – a thorough cleaning of the sofa will be carried out.
•Bathroom and balcony sewage smell – check conducted, but unable to detect any smell as mentioned. However, the room will be placed under our regular cleaning program.
•The pool is dirty and water is green – We have our contractor to clean and check the pool water on a daily basis. Rest assured the quality of the water is at safe as we submit the water sample to a reputable laboratory for testing.
•Grass growing in the drainage at pool shower – It has been removed and follow up with a monthly maintenance program during the pruning.
•Cigarette butt at staircase – we acknowledge the oversight and have since changed the cleaning routine to address the issue.

I am aware that your opinion of our service has been affected by the handling of your concerns and hope that you will not judge us solely on the basis of this particular experience. I certainly hope this would not deter you from giving us another change to prove that your experience was an exception rather than rule and look forward to having the opportunity to regain your confidence level.

Please contact my Front Office Manager, Mr Mark Seah at fom@goodwoodparkhotel.com should your travelling plan brings you back to Singapore and he will personally look after your booking.

Best Regards,
Linda Wee
General Manager of Goodwood Park Hotel

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed at this beautiful hotel for one week and had an excellent stay. Shortly after our arrival, we received a cake as I've mentioned in my booking that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. What a pleasant surprise! The hotel staff was very friendly and service was attentive. We only booked a standard room so the size was adequate but bathroom definitely needed some touch up work. However, the hotel itself is filled with old world charm and historical character, it was just wonderful to look around. The 2 outdoor pools were also lovely.

One of the best thing about Goodwood Park is the location. It is only minutes away from Orchard Road with shopping malls, restaurants and public transportation. Wifi was working wonderfully. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Singapore.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the newly renovated wing
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple