1,952 results
All reviews high tea smaller pool orchard road poolside suite coffee lounge mayfair pool gordon grill main pool min jiang idil reuben split level colonial charm historical hotel the main hotel far east plaza junior suite chinese restaurant
Reviewed 11 December 2017

My family stayed in the hotel probably two years ago. The facilities were good and we thought the hotel could be our preferred choice for our future vacation. Things were fine till the day after we had checked out. I received an email asking if I had taken the beverage box when I checked out. I did a search through my bags and found a designer cardboard-box. Immediately, I wrote to the hotel apologising for the oversight, but the hotel was very cold in its tone and approach, and the manager demanded that I either return or they would charge it on my card. It would be absurd to incur a sum on a beverage box, and I told them to go ahead and charge my card.
I was disappointed that the manager did not demonstrate any form of empathetic understanding but instead, chose to approach it in a cold and curt manner. There was no gesture of good public relations, and whatever good the hotel had to offer was immediately negated by the standoffish tone and approach of the manager.
Two years on, and I am checking out hotels in the vicinity. It is sad that Goodwood Hotel, once my preferred choice, would have to be skipped.
In the final analysis, business is not all about dollars and cents, and for a mere SGD60, customer relationships are strained, and goodwill ceases to exist in Goodwood.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank perazim2017
Reviewed 6 December 2017

Due to the change of schedule, we'd decided to spend the last 3 nights in Goodwood Park Hotel to try out two hotels in one holiday.

Below were the enjoyable part:
- Check in was smooth and they upgrated the room from Parklane Split Level Studio Suite to Parklane Split Level Suite (slightly more spacious)
- We were taken by buggy to the room which was fun to do so in Singapore Orchard area. (which means it literally took 5-8 mins walk to the main hotel lobby/ restaurant area/ Orchard road) the potter was professional to provide introduction of the hotel services as well as Orchard road.
- The spacious room was great - something like a serviced apartment.
- Washing Machine/Dryer was in the room and laundry powder was provided
- Daily water bottles were provided
- The kitchen was small but functional
- The check out process was smooth with friendly front desk personnel
- Hotel has several restaurants, we found the breakfast and the Chinese restaurant was great. The breakfast service lady was really friendly.

Below were the not so enjoyable part:
- The pillows were extremely thin and it was one pillow per person, hence we called the front desk to check if they had any harder pillows or just extra pillows if they didn't provide variation.

The front desk guy on the phone said there was 1 extra pillow and 1 extra blanket in the cabinet that we could use (he suggested to fold the blanket to put it underneath the pillow). THAT was not what I expected from a 5 stars hotel. Really? To use the blanket to place it underneath the pillow? Many 4-6 stars hotels nowadays provide not only 4 pillows per room and even a pillow menu such as memory foam/ bamboo etc. We were happy for just two more simple pillows, hence I requested perhaps just two extra normal pillows.

30 mins later, I called again to check on the status since it was late and we needed to sleep. The same guy picked up the phone and said the staff was in the storeroom looking for the hardest pillows they could find. A guy came 10 mins after, passed on two 5 - 8 kg pillows to my hands. The two pillows were so heavy that I almost fell down. He said that was the hardest pillows he could find (with a smirking smile) before he left.

Finding it ridiculous, I was too tired to argue so I thought to just try. It was like tonnes of beans in the pillows. When I slept on it - all beans moved and resulted the beans noise right at my ears that I doubt anyone could fall asleep with it.

That was not what we expected from Goodwood Park Hotel, a 5 stars hotel. We enjoyed the restaurant meals, the room and the rest of the hotel experience but found the 5-10kg pillows (mainly the two staff who handled the situation) experience was rather ridiculous.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mooliday
Linda W, General Manager at Goodwood Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Dear mooliday,

Thank you for your feedback. I am greatly concerned to hear of your experience with our services during your stay.

Although you found our porter and front office staff friendly, I am sorry to learn that we fell short in our services. Your comment and feedback is important to us, and will certainly help in ensuring that we make conscious and constant effort to keep up with our product and service standards.

I apologize for the lapse in service from our Concierge team which has been addressed with our Front Office Manager to look into. All our team members are reminded to consistently deliver a high level of service to avoid such similar incident from re-occurring.

It was our pleasure to have you with us and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcoming you back again.

With best regards,
Linda Wee
General Manager of Goodwood Park Hotel

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

I can’t wait to thank your staff from front desk who are Jasmine, Catherine and Melanie. They solved my wrong booking which I faced patiently and also timely and helpful advise regarding the booking.

I was very thankful for the excellent customer service provided on 5 Dec 2017, 10.30pm. As a businessman, I would love to recommend your hotel to my business partners and commend the excellent service provided.

Please accept my gratitude towards your staff for their speedy and efficient services. Great service makes me feel warmth in Singapore.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank MoonM274
Reviewed 4 December 2017

I have stayed in this hotel now since 2002 and been there many times. The service is always very good. One negative point is that because of the popularity of the high tea, all tables are reserved. And there is no place to sit for residents of the hotel. This is something they have to find a solution for!

Room Tip: the rooms on the ground floor overlooking the pool are the best. The are roomier than th eother rooms as well.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank DavidSlager
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

Maybe I was so unlucky
I was so happy to spend 2 nights here
When I red all the good reviews
And I am so disappointed !
Building is nice it a true but my room was so dirty
, the floor carpet is full of stains , some furnitures are damaged and I have the feeling that I share the same room that my neighbor !
But that it was not the worth thing
I never stay in hotel where the staff is so moody
The only one who great me and give a smile was the HK team
The worth was the concierge
When I asked him to book me a table in one restaurant he just replied to me that this restaurant is all time fully booked he even did not try to call
So I asked someone else in one shop to call for me and I got my table
Such a shame!
Never stay again here and there is enough hotel in Singapore in order to have a pleasant stay !
At Good wood they completely forgot that they work in SERVICES BUSINESS !!!!

Stayed: November 2017
2  Thank ksarman
Linda W, General Manager at Goodwood Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear ksarman,

Thank you for your feedback. I am greatly concerned to hear of your poor experience with our product and services during your stay.

Although you found our housekeeping staff friendly I am sorry to learn that you found your room not to your satisfaction. This matter has been addressed with our Housekeeping Director and I would like to assure you that with our on-going maintenance programme, we will look into the areas you have highlighted and where possible and needed we will make improvements to keep our product updated and fresh.

I apologize as well for the lapse in service from our Concierge team which has been addressed with our Front Office Manager to look into. All our team members are reminded to consistently deliver a high level of service to avoid such similar incident from re-occurring.

I hope that you can extend another opportunity for us to welcome you back.

Best Regards,