This hotel is in a great location and thats why I would stay here again. The hotel is built onto raffles city shopping mall and MRT station.
We found the best price was to book through the hotel website directly and not via asiarooms/agoda, etc.
The place is so large that it has a very impersonal feel. Staff wear black suits and all have an ear piece (think FBI agents).
Check in and out took ages for no discernable reason (there weren't many people in front of us). Luckily Serj walked up and down the queue of people and made some chit chat to pass the time. If you don't have much luggage just take it to your room yourself to save the wait.
The view was lovely, providing your room is on the marina bay side. It's not easy to sit on the balcony though because it is so narrow. The tea provided in the room was really nice. The shower pressure was amazing.The gym / pool is shared with the fairmont hotel and is very good.
Food and drink available at crazy prices in the hotel and from your minibar.
Sushi Tei located in the mall downstairs is good place for dinner/lunch
There is a supermarket in the basement of the mall where you can pick up some food/drinks for your room.
This is not the place for young families or honeymooners.
If you want to eat at the equinox restaurant they surcharge you $20 to sit at the window. Unbelievable ! It should simply be on first-come-first-served basis.
No 1 Complaint : NO FREE WIFI AT ALL, NOT EVEN IN THE LOBBY !!! In this day an age, that is really mean. You'll have to go to nearby starbucks for free wifi. For this reason and the slow check in / out I rate it average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Singapore, Swissôtel The Stamford is a deluxe hotel that boasts a prime Singapore location amid the diversions of the Raffles City shopping complex and just 20 minutes away from Singapore Changi International Airport. One of Southeast Asia's tallest hotel, Swissôtel The Stamford offers a luxurious range of 1,261 guestrooms and suites with a wealth of amenities and panoramic views of Singapore and Malaysia. It also boasts an impressive array of 16 restaurants and bars including the Equinox Complex, Singapore's most exciting dining and entertainment complex. The hotel also houses the 70,000 sq. ft. Raffles City Convention Center which comprises 27 meeting venues with technologically advanced business facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Agoda, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Swissotel The Stamford Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel The Stamford Hotel Singapore
- Swissotel Stamford Singapore
- Swissotel Singapore
- Swissotel The Stamford Singapore