We were recommended this hotel for business travel. The hotel itself and the lobby are gorgeous! Well kept, excellent locations, great views and accessible to many things within walking distance. CityLink MRT is right outside the door, along with a few places to grab a fast bite. The Raffles City Mall is connected to the hotel on the second floor and provides more shopping than most could imagine along with an excellent food court on B1 with restaurants serving various cuisine and specialties.
Pros: The service could not be beat. They were prompt, courteous and helped every time they were asked.
Cons: No breakfast offered. Nearly $30 a day for breakfast if you want to eat at the hotels version. Go outside, around the corner and visit Starbucks or McDonalds - seriously. Wi-fi is, at minimum. $10 a day - up to $130 a week! Again - I could go outside to McDonald's and Starbucks to use the free service. Our fee was waived due to our business rate but I have stayed in chain hotels elsewhere that were not rated anywhere near the level of this hotel where Wifi was free to guests. $30 a day servicing fee to have your room serviced and towels left if you prefer. The room service was not bad but was not worth the $86 dollars we paid for a bowl of pasta and a chicken sandwich.
Our room keys stopped working 5 times during our 10 day stay. I was not keeping it near any other cards in my wallet or purse; it was not scratched or damaged. It just stopped working. The same thing happened to my co-workers keys. Very frustrating coming back after a long day of work, going to the 28th floor to find out neither key is working any longer.
Overall, the place is in a great location, beautiful and its employees are great. But the costs and fees are really ridiculous. I know I'll be returning to Singapore again but I am not sure I'll return here. If I am going to pay as much as I did here I'll look around for places that have a little more included.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Singapore, Swissôtel The Stamford is a deluxe hotel that boasts a prime Singapore location amid the diversions of the Raffles City shopping complex and just 20 minutes away from Singapore Changi International Airport. One of Southeast Asia's tallest hotel, Swissôtel The Stamford offers a luxurious range of 1,261 guestrooms and suites with a wealth of amenities and panoramic views of Singapore and Malaysia. It also boasts an impressive array of 16 restaurants and bars including the Equinox Complex, Singapore's most exciting dining and entertainment complex. The hotel also houses the 70,000 sq. ft. Raffles City Convention Center which comprises 27 meeting venues with technologically advanced business facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Swissotel The Stamford Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel The Stamford Hotel Singapore
- Swissotel Stamford Singapore
- Swissotel Singapore
- Swissotel The Stamford Singapore