We stayed here for almost 9 nights during Aug 2010. We checked in at 9.00 pm and our room was on the 45th floor. I was taken by surprise when I saw the view from the room and more so to find a PRIVATE BALCONY. The view from the balcony is exceptional. If you are scared of heights, don't even bother to open the balcony door. It was a bit scary in the beginning but once you spend 5 minutes, you will be fine. I still felt it was a bit unsafe though.
The proximity to MRT is the most advantageous thing about staying here if you are planning to roam around the city. The Raffles City shopping place is also attached to the hotel which makes it very convenient.
The breakfast spread was excellent with good variety of fruits though most of the other things remained unchanged during the 9 days. I could have liked to try something other than the same chocolate chip muffin everyday. At the same time, it would have been nice to have some South Indian food also for breakfast, being the city which has lot of Tamilians. An average Singaporean has imbibed the Tamil influence very well yet here they seemed to totally ignore it.
A must try is the Equinox on the top most floor at least for the view.
A bit disappointing aspect was the usage of Business Center being chargeable at atrocious rates. Thankfully I found a nice Internet cafe right across the road which charges just $S3 for an hour.
The service overall was very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Singapore, Swissôtel The Stamford is a deluxe hotel that boasts a prime Singapore location amid the diversions of the Raffles City shopping complex and just 20 minutes away from Singapore Changi International Airport. One of Southeast Asia's tallest hotel, Swissôtel The Stamford offers a luxurious range of 1,261 guestrooms and suites with a wealth of amenities and panoramic views of Singapore and Malaysia. It also boasts an impressive array of 16 restaurants and bars including the Equinox Complex, Singapore's most exciting dining and entertainment complex. The hotel also houses the 70,000 sq. ft. Raffles City Convention Center which comprises 27 meeting venues with technologically advanced business facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Swissotel The Stamford Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel The Stamford Hotel Singapore
- Swissotel Stamford Singapore
- Swissotel Singapore
- Swissotel The Stamford Singapore