Swissotel The Stamford Singapore
US$394
US$313
PARKROYALhotels
  • Pool
Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$214
Great 4.5/5
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$187
US$680
US$528
Great 4.5/5
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$178
  • Restaurant
Wangz Hotel(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$186
Great 4.5/5
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$269
US$134
Official Website
  • Pool
Park Regis Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$161
Priceline
US$148
US$133
  • Breakfast included
PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$143
Priceline
8,389 results
All reviewscafe swisstallest hotelharbour viewcity hall mrt stationshopping mallgrand roommarina bay sandshigh floorexcellent locationfood courtan upgradeconvenient locationexecutive roombusiness tripbusiness hotelbuffet breakfastearly check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 October 2010

We stayed here for almost 9 nights during Aug 2010. We checked in at 9.00 pm and our room was on the 45th floor. I was taken by surprise when I saw the view from the room and more so to find a PRIVATE BALCONY. The view from the balcony is exceptional. If you are scared of heights, don't even bother to open the balcony door. It was a bit scary in the beginning but once you spend 5 minutes, you will be fine. I still felt it was a bit unsafe though.
The proximity to MRT is the most advantageous thing about staying here if you are planning to roam around the city. The Raffles City shopping place is also attached to the hotel which makes it very convenient.
The breakfast spread was excellent with good variety of fruits though most of the other things remained unchanged during the 9 days. I could have liked to try something other than the same chocolate chip muffin everyday. At the same time, it would have been nice to have some South Indian food also for breakfast, being the city which has lot of Tamilians. An average Singaporean has imbibed the Tamil influence very well yet here they seemed to totally ignore it.
A must try is the Equinox on the top most floor at least for the view.
A bit disappointing aspect was the usage of Business Center being chargeable at atrocious rates. Thankfully I found a nice Internet cafe right across the road which charges just $S3 for an hour.
The service overall was very good.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
PriscillaOsman, Manager at Swissotel The Stamford Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2010

Dear RemaS3,

Warmest greetings from Swissôtel The Stamford, Singapore and thank you for taking valuable time to share with us your feedback.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the views we offer, location, breakfast spread and quality, and most importantly, our service.

On another note, we have shared your comments with our Management on the breakfast selections and Business Centre pricing concerns.

We thank you again and look forward to your continual patronage at Swissôtel The Stamford!

Reviewed 22 October 2010

I guess this hotel was the best of all I've stayed in so far. the warm welcome at the check-in, the lovely room with a fantastic city view (the bay view must be even better though), location unbeatable right above the City Hall subway station and all the attractions within walking distance. will definitely come back!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank ziggWaW

Dear ziggWaW,

Warmest greetings from from Swissôtel The Stamford, Singapore! Your thoughts are important to us so thank you for letting us know how your stay went.

It leaves us now to look forward to welcoming you back to Swissôtel The Stamford, many more times in the not too distant future and we will continue to deliver the highest standard of renowned Swiss hospitality that you have now come to associate with us.

Reviewed 22 October 2010

Compared to its standard stars, I did not find it very exiting as such. Even the services I felt are at par. Nothing extraordinary to attract you. The best part is its location. Located is right in the place accessible at your ease. This adds to your stay bit comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank aghazali346
PriscillaOsman, Manager at Swissotel The Stamford Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2010

Dear aghazali346,

Warmest greetings from Swissôtel The Stamford, Singapore!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. At Swissôtel The Stamford, we constantly strive to provide the highest standards of personalised service to our guests. Though we are glad that we met your expectations during your stay, we believe we could have exceeded them instead.

Your opinion matters and it keeps us on our toes. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again, so that we can make your stay a more memorable one!

Reviewed 20 October 2010

My wife and I have really enjoyed our stay in the Swissotel The Stamford.
Usually, for our trips to Singapore, we stay at the Intercontinental. But this time, because of a promotion we decided to test the Swissotel Stamford and the view.
Believe me, we have not been disappointed!
The service is nearly perfect:
- check-in was fast and flawless
- the room was even better that what we expected
- the house keeping made us welcome, she was friendly, helping and, very honest. We inadvertently forgot some cash on the desk. When the housekeeping lady realized that, she called the supervisor (I guess it is their standard procedure) to inform about this and to count the cash so that if, when we come back something is missing, the security can testify. Interesting, no ?
- Check-out was fast and efficient
- we used the concierge service to help us to find the address of a restaurant we had booked. She was more than helpful since she not only provided us with the address, the direction and even the floor
- we used some other services and it was near perfection

Location wise, the hotel is really well situated, just on top of the MRT. It is walking distance from China town, Singapore flyer, Funan electronic mall, Bugis street, Orchard road and even Little India.

Nevertheless, I have few comments:
- we were at the 63rd floor and we had to wait a quite long time to get hot water in the shower.
- Internet was painfully slow. I call the internet hotline. They were quite good and helpful. I have appreciated that they said they will call me back and they really did it!.
But they did not succeed in increasing the speed. Therefore I have cancelled my purchase. They have provided me with a cancellation number but I have been charged anyway.

Now if we talk about the other facilities, I would recommend the Equinox bar, situated on the top floor. The atmosphere there is nice and friendly and they have good Champagne. And, the view is, for city lovers as us, wonderful. For the restaurant, we have only been to the Jaan and you can read my specific review about it.
The Introbar, situated at the ground floor is welcoming, the service is good. But it is on the expensive side so I recommend to go there only during the happy hours (1500-2100 if I am not mistaken).
We did not test their breakfast so I cannot comment on that part.

My wife has loved their fitness center. She thinks it is one of the best she has ever used, definitely better than the Intercontinental's one.
We did not try the swimming pool, but it seems quite nice.
Last I want to mention the accessible balcony, which add to your enjoyment of the view

Erick

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
PriscillaOsman, Manager at Swissotel The Stamford Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2010

Dear Dinha_et_Erick,

Warmest greetings from Swissôtel The Stamford, Singapore! We are honoured and privileged to have you reside with us during your visit to the lion city.

We are very grateful for your valuable compliments and are delighted that your stay with us has been a success.

On a different note, we have located your reservation and will look into making changes to your bill on the internet charges. We should always honor our promises and please allow us to make amends. Do give us about 3 weeks to credit the amount back to your credit card.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 19 October 2010

Never again the reception where so so so rude. Over priced for an outdated room......loved Singapore hated Swissotel

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Shellynel
PriscillaOsman, Manager at Swissotel The Stamford Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2010

Dear Shellynel,

Warm greetings from Swissôtel The Stamford, Singapore!

We would like to express our gratitude to you for choosing Swissôtel The Stamford as your preferred venue of accommodation and in investing valuable time to share with us your constructive feedback.

Please give us a chance to extend our sincere apologies for the poor service rendered by our Reception. You may wish to know that we have since shared your comments with our colleagues. At Swissôtel The Stamford, we place a strong emphasis in providing exceptional service displayed with heartfelt passion. Rest assured we will look into your feedback and carry out corrective measures to attain unsurpassed personalised and attentive service.

We hope to have another chance to change the unfavorable impression you had of us and be of service to you again.