“Work trip to Singapore for 4 nights”

Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore
Ranked #38 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
“Work trip to Singapore for 4 nights”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

A central place to stay (had stayed one night four years ago) - I got my request for a quiet room away from river and traffic noise - overlooking the pool and near the spa entrance. Enjoyed the complimentary yoga class by the pool and pool was much appreciated after being out all day at appointments. Also enjoyed a massage at the spa! Only grip is no complimentary wifi - $15 Sd per 24 hour I think this is where hotels make their money! So I am writing the review on the wifi that I have paid for.
Great breakfast included in my room rate.
Would stay again once rooms are refurbished.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jennifer B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (658)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Very nice hotel and very courteous helpful staff.larger than normal room for Asian country. Nice selection of food for breakfast, only gripe was that tea was made far too strong for my liking. Hubby loved the gym and swimming pool.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts

SingaporeMerchantCT, Manager at Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Carol Lynne H,

Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased that you and your family had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed our Swiss hospitality and facilities. My team and I look forward to your return visit in the near future.

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

A pleasant hotel to stay。Location close to many nearby amenities. Room is clean .The bed is comfortable. The experience with reservation front line staff handling the booking could be better. The reception check-in could be faster.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Dear J L,

Thank you for sharing your review with us and I am pleased to hear that your overall stay was pleasant. Your feedback is important to us and will allow us to constantly look into every area so as to improve our service standards. Thank you once again for choosing Swissôtel Merchant Court and my team and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We last stayed here for 10 nights about 18 months ago and had a great time, so decided to opt for the known quantity again this time for our 9 night stay over the Easter through to the Anzac Day weekends.
Although only booking a classic room, I had requested a week before we arrived if we could be allocated our "old" room or at least one with a pool view. When we arrived at check in, we didn't have our previous room and the room we were given on the third floor looked out on a balcony (that we couldn't access) and you couldn't see the pool. However we ended up requesting a room change not because of this, but because the water in the shower/bath was so luke warm that we had to boil kettles of water for a bath. The room change could not be accommodated until two nights into our stay, so we had tepid (short!) showers. Our next room (289) did look over the pool/river and had hot water, so we were much happier here.
The location is great, the gym well equipped and the pool OK (albeit with too few lounges for the size of the hotel), but not sure we will return to the Merchants Court next time we are in Singapore.

Room Tip: Room 289 overlooks the river/pool but can be noisy at nights with the activity on Clarke Quay
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rosie-holidaylover
Dear Rosie-holidaylover,

Thank you for your sharing your review which I am pleased to note that you and your partner enjoyed our facilities and location. At the same time, please accept my profound apologies for the disappointment felt which is with much regret that the recent experience was not up to expectations of what you have remembered us for. Please be assured that the hot water issue has been rectified immediately to prevent such incidents from occurring again. I thank you for your kind patience and understanding and my team and I sincerely hope for another opportunity to welcome you back again on your next visit to Singapore.

Hamilton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Swissotel Merchant Court for the first time seven years ago for two nights while en route to Europe. We enjoyed our stay so much that we determined to return for a dedicated stay in the future. We stayed at the Swissotel Merchant Court for seven nights over Easter 2014.

The standout feature for us was the quality of the service - which was without exception superb from the moment we checked in until the moment we left. The staff were consistently polite, cheerful, quick and efficient. The standouts were the concierge staff and the waiters at the Blue Potato - but really ALL the staff were excellent.

The hotel is clearly in need of a general refurbishment - I understand this is scheduled for 2015. The decor in our room (1203) was a little tired - although very clean and tidy. The public areas carried their age well. The need for refurbishment in no way materially affected our enjoyment of the stay - everything worked and the room was well appointed.

We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel t friends and family and would be happy to return - warranted on the quality of the service alone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Nicolas John Ru... W
Dear Nicolas John Ru... W,

Thank you for your kind review which I am truly honoured to note of the generous commendations you have of our team members. Once again, thank you for staying with us and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Singapore.

Leeuwarden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Big rooms, good beds, coffee/tea facility in room, wifi. Nice pool with restaurant. Perfect location in Singapore, next to Metro. Very friendly staff. Breakfast perfect. From here you can discover Singapore.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts

SingaporeMerchantCT, General Manager at Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Tjeerd V,

Thank you for your kind review and compliments. It is truly heartening to hear that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you had the opportunity to visit the many interesting sights in Singapore as well and my team and I look forward to your return visit in the near future.

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel on. 2nd and 3rd. May 2014. Ecxcellent location, very comfotable room and excellent service. Even in the middle of the night, when we wanted blanket at 2 pm they imm suppliyed. The breakfast spread was amazing including Vada , bajias, jackfruit. I wish they would serve veg dumsung.
Mridula Narasimhan

Room Tip: Poll facing rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mridula_4,

Thank you for sharing your review with us and I am pleased to hear that you and your family had a delightful stay with us, with special mention of the breakfast spread. We hope you had a lovely time exploring Singapore as well and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit soon.