“Good location”

Ranked #38 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
“Good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Great location for night person. Close to restaurant and in the heart of city center. The room is clean and tidy, great pool facilities and spa. Have a good business center and good internet connection in the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts

SingaporeMerchantCT, General Manager at Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Julie H,

Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased to hear that you and your friends had a delightful stay with us and enjoyed our amenities and the convenience of our hotel’s location. My team and I look forward to welcome you again at Swissôtel Merchant Court soon.

Rainer Tenius

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (658)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Eindhoven
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Excellent hotel, great staff, very good service overall. The WiFi however is of poor quality (low speed, only available in the lobby or around) this is not on par with other hotels I have stayed in. The breakfast has a big variety of food of good quality. Excellent fitness with free weights and a good spa, swimmingpool.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Martin H,

Thank you for choosing Swissôtel Merchant Court as your preferred accommodation during your stay in Singapore. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and appreciate your feedback which will help us review our offerings constantly. My team and I look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Excellent location in the city, easy access to MRT, Clarke Quay and shopping areas. Hotel staff are helpful and attentive. The pool has a mini slide which provides fun not only to children but even adults.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Florence H,

Thank you for your kind compliments. I am pleased to hear that you and your partner had a comfortable stay and enjoyed our Swiss Hospitality, facilities as well as the convenience of our hotel location. Thank you once again for your kind commendations and my team and I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

My 3 kids hubby and I stayed here for 3 nights in jan14. Firstly hotel forgot to pick us up from airport as I had booked directly with hotel months prior . Finally we got couple of taxis to hotel, all kids tired and I was not happy. But upon arrival swissotel staff apologised and advised me that they did not have a booking for transport. Check in manager was such a lovely lady that advised us that we have been upgraded to a family interconnecting room but club rooms. I was very happy about this as originally hotel would not offer this option as kids are not allowed in the club lounge between certain hours, understandable. Our rooms were perfect not too far from elevator and staff were excellent, rooms were comfortable and clean. Exceptional location, could. to ask for better location. At nights we went back to hotel and had tea and cakes at the lounge bar area, service there was exceptional.
I cannot rave more about this hotel..... Best hotel, service, rooms, locations and food. Bravo to this hotel. Will definitely stay here again. Kids lived it more then shangri la sentosa lol!!! And so did I. Really want to thank all the staff at this wonderful hotel for giving us such friendly and awesome service. Really appreciate it.:-)

Room Tip: Best hotel, service and location.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
SingaporeMerchantCT, Public Relations Manager at Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear neveragain05syd,

Thank you for your kind compliments. It is truly an honour to hear of the praises that you have for Swissôtel Merchant Court including the convenience of our hotel location, our Swiss hospitality, our Executive Club lounge benefits and the comfort of our rooms. Your comments are important to us and will definitely motivate us to improve our standards and offerings. Thank you once again for your review and my team and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back again in the not too distant future.

Basingstoke, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights at the start of our trip before moving onto Bali. Great room, great breakfast, good service and most of all brilliant location. Right on Clark Quay which is great in the evenings with some good restaurants. It's right near a MRT station for travelling around and it's nice to walk along the quay up to the Fullerton. Thoroughly recommended for a stay in Singapore.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 413 which looked out the front over to the shopping mail. Couldn't fault it
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
SingaporeMerchantCT, Manager at Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear KathMacca,

Thank you for your kind compliments. I am delighted to hear that you and your partner had a pleasant time with us and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back again at Swissôtel Merchant Court in the near future.

Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

It's really nice hotel in Clerk Quay, nearby club, shopping and restaurant.
The room is clean, comfortable and quiet.
The team member is very nice to fix my question.
Enjoy clear swimming pool.
I will visit this hotel next time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Hsuehyen L,

Thank you for your kind review and compliments. I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed the convenience of our hotel’s location, comfort of rooms and facilities. My team and I look forward to welcoming you at Swissôtel Merchant Court soon.

Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

A central place to stay (had stayed one night four years ago) - I got my request for a quiet room away from river and traffic noise - overlooking the pool and near the spa entrance. Enjoyed the complimentary yoga class by the pool and pool was much appreciated after being out all day at appointments. Also enjoyed a massage at the spa! Only grip is no complimentary wifi - $15 Sd per 24 hour I think this is where hotels make their money! So I am writing the review on the wifi that I have paid for.
Great breakfast included in my room rate.
Would stay again once rooms are refurbished.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business