We stayed at this hotel with our 2 daughters aged 13 & 9. The hotel is right on Clarke Quay which is a good location right on the Singapore River with lots of restaurants, bars and street entertainment, especially coming to life at night! We had standard interconnecting rooms which were good, they had very high ceilings, very clean, mini bar, tea/coffee making facilities, bathrooms could possibly do with an upgrade but we didn't really mind. The pool area was lovely, both my girls loved the slide and I enjoyed the poolside bar service, nice Pina Colada brought to you at lunchtime, mmm!! Food at the pool bar was also really good. We had dinner one night at the Blue Potato Restaurant which was fabulous, one of the nicest steaks I've had. However, breakfast was somewhat different. I appreciate that the hotel has to cater for all different cultures but I found that there was nothing my children would eat apart from the fresh fruit. Cant say fish fingers and stir fried noodles and broccoli for breakfast is my cup of tea either. Although they did have a chef cooking eggs but the queues were always big. Staff on the Reception Desk were lovely, very helpful. We changed rooms for our last night as we had an early morning flight and wanted to stay on in a room for as long as possible, they moved us to a Superior room which was really nice, much nicer than the one we had stayed in. Not sure I would stay in this hotel if I went back to Singapore but we have a lovely stay nonetheless. As we stayed over Easter weekend, they put little chocolate bunnies in our room, which I thought was a lovely idea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swissotel Merchant Court, Singapore offers the best of both worlds: a central-city location and resort-style ambience. The hotel is ideally located on the banks of the Singapore River, next to Clarke Quay Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) station. Facilities including two award-winning restaurants, one contemporary bar, a resort-style swimming pool, 24-hour Fitness Centre and Purovel Spa & Sport, the region's first luxury Swiss spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Ebookers, Odigeo, Fairmont Hotels, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Merchant Court Hotel Singapore
- Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore