“Great location”

Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore
Ranked #36 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Found this hotel perfect for us as we were able to share room with our teenage daughter. Lovely presentation, immaculately clean, great service, excellent location. Would recommend this hotel, good value.

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts
SingaporeMerchantCT, General Manager at Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Amanda H,

Thank you for your kind compliments. I am delighted to hear that we were part of creating a perfect family vacation for you and that you and your family were delighted with our Swiss Hospitality, location and comfort of our rooms. Thank you once again for choosing Swissôtel Merchant Court as your preferred accommodation and we look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.

Rainer Tenius

Write a ReviewReviews (5,046)

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Excellent location, walking distance to Clark quay, mor or less 10sd on taxi to sentosa. Clean and quiet place to stay, just Infront of the shopping mall.no hassle if you want to eat outside the hotel.

Dear Cherry B,

Thank you for your kind commendations. I am pleased to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable family vacation and loved the location of our hotel. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Location is great, with easy MRT access and Clarke Key. The staff in our experience were outstanding in manner and helpfulness. The room and bathroom are spacious. Decor a little worn but I believe renovations are in the pipeline. Lovely pool area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Leonie K,

Thank you for taking time to extend your compliments. I am delighted to hear that you and your friends are very satisfied with your stay with us and enjoyed our Swiss hospitality, the convenience of the hotel location as well as the comfort of our rooms and facilities. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed for 5 nights upon our arrival we requested a late check-out as our flight home wasn't until 11pm they offered us 6pm which was perfect. We were offered an upgraded by a very helpful & pleasant lady on receception who said she'd get us the best room we had a room on the top floor with an amazing view free wifi access to the lounge. The executive lounge is fantastic totally worth the upgrade as Singapore is quite expensive where food and drink is concerned. the pool area is lovely we spent our last morning here. overall it's a great hotel fantastic staff right, on Clarke quay with an adjoining MRT station. Would love to stay here again.

1  Thank Niclr

Dear Niclr,

Thank you for the kind review on your stay with us at Swissôtel Merchant Court. I am pleased to hear that you and your partner had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed the comfort of our rooms and amenities, our Executive Club Lounge offerings as well as the convenience of our hotel’s location. My team and I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Have tried various other hotels on different trips to Singapore and resolved to try the Swissotel next visit, we were not disappointed, from door staff to friendly check in with complimentary drinks a smooth and quick process. Rooms very clean and maintained. The room was one without a balcony or extras (these are at greater cost,) but was still large well laid out with a nice entry/lobby area off which the bedroom and bathroom run, I liked this feature. Complimentary wifi was great, as all the other hotels we have stayed in provide this only at cost (and I might say an excessive cost.) Meals: we prepaid for breakfast, no issues, a generous range of food types was available and you didn't have to wait at the egg station, just make your request and a chef would deliver to your table when ready. All the staff were friendly and obliging. We tried the evening smorgasbord, yes a bit pricey but if you like seafood etc it was superb. The pool area was nicely maintained, with a large pool and spa, also a poolside cafe/bar was available, I feel that this was overpriced somewhat especially as their charges were ++ (tax and service charge.) However the hotel from checkin to checkout met or exceeded our expectations. Will we stay again when in Singapore, absolutely.
Any issues: only two small ones, 1.the room card/key also was the elevator key and was a bit glitchy but I noticed a few guests were having the same issues of the card taking several swipes before it was recognised, this is probably a software issue that needs resolving but was a minor annoyance compared to the overall enjoyable stay. 2. The tv seemed to have a set max volume I guess to avoid annoying other adjoining rooms, a good idea, however for somebody with hearing impairment like myself I had trouble hearing unless very close, maybe another remote speaker near the bedhead or the like would help, but I guess a person with good hearing will have no issues.
Location: could not be better, two minutes over the bridge to Clarke Quay, five minutes to the MRT, and a eight minute leisurely stroll to Boat Quay. Plenty of taxis at the main entrance, if none the concierge would chase one up very quickly.
A great hotel we thoroughly recommend. Note: Some very good friends stayed some months before and gave the same recommendation.

Room Tip: We took the basic double and had no issues, the higher rooms have balconies etc but cost more and wh...
3  Thank Gazza222

Dear Gazza222,

Thank you for your kind commendations. I am truly flattered to hear of your generous compliments you have for us and that you have enjoyed the comfort of our rooms, complimentary Internet access, Food & Beverage offerings, as well as the Swiss Hospitality extended by my team. We are warmed by your support and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The friendliness & service of the staff was outstanding. The hotel is very centrally located in an absolutely beautiful area . Whilst we did not use the restaurants, I can certainly say it was overall one of the nicest restaurants we have stayed in

Dear David G,

Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased to hear that you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us which my team and I are especially delighted to note of the compliments you have of our Swiss hospitality and being highlighted as one of the nicest hotel you have stayed in is truly our honour. We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I could not fault the Swissotel Merchant Court for their treatment and attention to detail for both my husband and I, but most importantly for my children. Being our first overseas holiday with children we were quite daunted, but on arrival and returning each day to the hotel after sightseeing we felt completely relaxed similar to the same feeling you get when you get "home". Not to forgetting you have no washing, dishes or cooking to do! The vicinity to buses, taxis and MRT underneath the hotel was a huge plus, not to mention the close proximity to the city attractions. You won't regret it. Many said it was too expensive but they obviously haven't booked a hotel in Perth Western Australia! I'd rather pay more in cost to ensure more in value.

3  Thank Karlene G

Dear Karlene G,

Thank you for taking time to share your compliments. I am honoured to hear of the many praises you have of us and your feedback will definitely keep my team and I motivated to always strive to serve our best. We are pleased to have created a delightful stay for you and your family and we look forward to seeing you again soon.